• Member Since 25th Apr, 2015
  • offline last seen Apr 27th, 2015

I_AM_OCTAVIA


Hi! :D :) <3 MLPEGRRR, here! My account, sadly, got banned, so I made a new one. I am 14, and my lil sis who took over my old account is 10. Because of her, I don't have that one anymore. Oh, well! :)

T

"You don't know you hate someone until you're stuck in a closet with them for 2 hours."


After Cheerilee gets tackled by Starlight Glimmer into her closet, which won't open, they end up being stuck for 2 hours with no way out. Starlight can't use her magic, either. Who knows what will happen in that time.


Rated teen for the fighting of Cheerilee and Starlight.

Chapters (3)
Comments ( 3 )

I was hoping that Starlight would try to make Cheerilee her marefriend.

5909738 Well, that isn't going to happen, sorry. I have a good idea of making the story longer, though.

Your profile says that you’re fourteen years old, and it shows. First, there’s the wording - it’s bland. I’ll give you it seems like an interesting idea (and there’s a few jokes to be made about them being in-the-closet), but it’s poorly exicuted by being uninteresting. I want to say the characters are a bit OOC, but I haven’t seen either Rainbow Rocks or most of season four yet, due to it not being available in my language here, so I’m not in a position to say that about half your cast. I will say, however, it doesn’t feel like it would be a part of either of those cannons. Lastly, you don’t really explain why Cheerilee would be a target for revenge nor why said revenge would be theft. Remember: not everyone has access to the show legally in their language.

Grammar, how does it work? First, and the most jarring: you don’t bold the name of a title to indicate that it’s a title; you italicize or you underline, like I did above with the second movie’s name. Second, inconsistent verb-tenses. For example:
« I came back from school. Being a teacher is hard work ».
In this example, the first sentence is in the past-tense, but the second one is the present. If you made it say that she thought or actually said « being a teacher ... », that would be an acceptable shift; the problem is: there’s nothing to indicate that. Now, it would still be fine if that was the present and you stayed with that, but that didn’t happen either:
« ... almost purple unicorn was waiting for me » is past-tense, which breaks that grammatically. It’s also worth noting that most narration is done in the past-tense, although I’ve seen writers get-away with good present or future-tensed narration.

Overall, it’s a poor fanfic, I’d advise you to go read more, see what works with successful writers, of any kind, and try to replicate that. Remember « creativity, it’s basically stealing » (Thomas Ridgewell). Work on your grammar, then revise, and resubmit.

Login or register to comment