• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 9,738 Views, 264 Comments

Love Until Dusk - MyLittleGeneration



After the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings left, defeated and very angry. Well, two of them. The other one was left, abandoned. She was Sonata Dusk. Until a boy comes by to her side. With Dusk Shine by Sonata, love comes by.

  • ...
31
 264
 9,738

Someone To Comfort

I manage to make it home from a taxi, and I get dropped off. I stood in front of my house, noticing my car in the driveway. "How'd she even get my keys?" I told myself, shaking my head.

I walk slowly up to the door, not hearing a single thing except birds chirping. I knocked on the door. "Sonata?" I said out loud. "You in there?"

A sudden flash appeared in my mind. The dream...

Soft crying...

Crying, looking broken...

Blood...

What the hell?! I knocked faster and harder. "Sonata?" I said louder. "You in there? Please answer!"

I waited longer, getting more chills in my mind.

It trickled down Sonata's bare arm that was shown, and on that arm was a large cut. It was a large one, alright. She cut herself...

The chilling description of my nightmare, lurking in my mind. Why was this happening to me? A minute of silence reigned again, and I shook my head. "Sonata?!" I almost forgot I had the an extra pair of keys for the house, and unlocked the door.

It was open, and I bolted in the room. Living room: empty. Kitchen: empty. Bedroom... Closed. I moved my feet towards the door, and I couldn't feel any more scared. Cause there was crying. Soft, miserable crying.

"Aria..." I heard from the room. It sounded like it was cracking, and I knew what I had to do. I had to help her.

I grabbed the door and opened it. "Sonata!" I said, bursting into the room. All I saw was better than I expected. Her body was not harmed or bleeding, thankfully, but the sheer look of her face was damp. She had tears pushing out of her eyes, and the streaks stained her blue cheeks. "Sonata-"

"Stay away!" she said, looking down. She clutched a pillow in her arms. "I just want to be-"

"Son-"

"I want to be alone!" she yelled. "For Pete's sake, Shine, just god damn leave me!" She weeped on the pillow. "I just... I just..."

I stood there, looking at the miserable image. She looked better, like I said, but still, wasn't the fondest view. I took a step forward. Nothing. Another one. Nothing. Then, another.

She looked up at me with broken eyes. "Shine... What don't you get?"

"I don't get..." I trailed off. She kept staring at me, expecting the best possible answer. "I don't get why you're like this..."

She softly giggled, but it wasn't anything happy or fun. "You don't, huh?"

I slowly nodded. "Yes. Aria's alright, Sonata, she's going to be fine."

"Oh, of course." she said. "She's 'alright'. You know, living under painful burns and almost dying on me... Again."

"Again?" I suddenly asked. She darted her eyes at me again.

"Yes. Again." She had more tears slowly maneuver down her cheeks. "You know about us, sirens, right? Well, let me tell ya, living for a long time, around a thousand years... Not the best."

"What do you mean?" I asked. I remembered about the sirens' history, like how they were banished and how long they lived, but nothing too personal.

"Aria... Aria always got me scared and worried." she answered in a dead tone. "Always." She fought back tears. "She always entered harmful situations, always put herself at risk, and always... ALWAYS gets hurt. If fortunate enough, almost die. You know, like now."

I took a slow step forward. "Really?"

"Of course! She always made me worry! In case you never knew, Aria was my favorite!" she screamed, mascara dripping. "She always helped me out, even if she was a pain back then. She cared for me, even if she said she hated me." She softly chuckled. "Kinda funny, sometimes." A small smile grew on her face. "Ha... ha..."

I felt a little disturbed, my stomach feeling a little uneasy. "Well, what did she do?"

"Well, let's see... Almost got killed by some gang, injured from trying to leap from one building to another, the part where she got hit by a car for jaywalking in the city, and even more." She sighed. "Just... I love her like a sister, and I worry for her."

"I-"

"AND SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THAT!" she screamed. "No! She just thinks whatever and whenever, just putting herself out there! I hate it! I know what she did there was actually worth something, for once in her life, but I can't..." Water formed in her eyes. "I can't..." Slowly, they trickled. "I can't stand seeing her in this crap anymore!" She reached out and hugged me, tightening it immediately. "I'm scared of losing her! I don't care if she still makes it, cause it lasts forever in my mind. How many times she went out there, almost killing herself, scaring the hell out of me... Do YOU know how it feels?!"

"I-I don't." I admitted. Suddenly, Sonata stopped, and started to softly sniffle. This didn't look too good. "But here's the thing, Sonata: I'm sure that she didn't want to scare you, or antagonize you, or do anything against you on purpose. Someone was gonna burn."

"I know..." she said. "But... Just..."

"I understand." I said. "I know what you're trying to say. But trust me, just calm down, and maybe we can see Aria tomorrow." I stared into her pure, dazzling eyes. "I hate to see you like this, and I'm sure Aria does, too."

She sat there, staring at me. "If you say so... Please..." She gripped my hand hard. "Don't leave me. Ever." She gripped it even harder, and a small sniffle escaped her mouth. "You're a great friend. I don't wanna lose you..."

"I won't." I said in response. "I'm here for ya."

"Th-Thanks..." she said quietly, kicking her feet. In the next second, she reached up and pecked me on the cheek. "For tolerating... this."

"Hey, don't worry." I said, reaching my arm around her. "How about we see her tomorrow?"

She wiped away a couple of tears. "Okay." She had no more tears or sniffles coming out, but her frown stayed in place.

"Good." I rubbed her back. "So, uh, tacos fine?"

"J-Just anything." she said, in which I nodded.

"Kay." I get up, and head towards the door. Before I left, however, I felt a very quiet voice from Sonata.

"S-Shiney?"

"Yeah?" I asked, turning my head.

"I-I just thought of something..."

"What?" I went back to comfort her, as her body shivered. "What's wrong?"

"The... Nightmare..." The words sent a chill up my spine. "You remember, right?"

I nodded. "It's been b-bothering me, yeah. Why?"

"Well, the details... They're coming to life. You explained it all in full detail. The way the morning starts, the mall shopping, and then... Aria's..." She couldn't speak no more.

I rubbed her back a little more. "Hey, th-that didn't hap-"

"Well it kinda did." she said in an alarming tone. "Me wanting to hurt myself. IT almost happened. It's related, as was Aria's death... She ALMOST died... ALMOST..."

I felt more disturbed than before. "Sonata, I'm sure that-"

"And what's gonna happen next?" she interrupted. "Shine, I think your little nightmare is becoming a reality..."

I continued rubbing her back, keeping silent.

"Shine, do you... Do you think Adagio..." Her breathing was very audible, and seemed to be panicky. "You think she's gonna-"

In a quick turn, I hugged her close. Soft tears wet my shoulders, and her head laid on my shoulders. "No, Sonata, it's not going to happen." I said, almost crying myself. "Don't think like that."

"But what if?" Sonata said. "What if something close to that DOES happen? I'm afraid it isn't all coincidence... I'm afraid."

We both sat there, hugging eachother on my bed. It scared me to know that I wasn't the only one knowing that everything in that dreadful nightmare has been coming close. While the last two events weren't exact, they were a little similar. So, with that brought up, I... I didn't know what was to come next.

Whether it'd be nothing, or if the last and final moment would happen... And I'm praying it isn't gonna happen.

Author's Note:

Hullo! I hope you enjoyed this one!