• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 9,738 Views, 264 Comments

Love Until Dusk - MyLittleGeneration



After the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings left, defeated and very angry. Well, two of them. The other one was left, abandoned. She was Sonata Dusk. Until a boy comes by to her side. With Dusk Shine by Sonata, love comes by.

  • ...
31
 264
 9,738

Diner

We moved along the streets of Canterlot to walk up to a nice diner to hang out at. It took a while, but we made it, eventually. It was pretty nice in there, with not many people in there, so this would do fine. We enter the diner and I asked my friends what they wanted, and that they'll pick the seats while I go take the order. Once they told me what they wanted, they gave me some of their money so I can pay for it, even though I did say it can all be on me, even though I'd be piss poor after that.

Okay, let's do this. To be honest, I don't know why, but I'm never good in diners and stuff. Like when it comes to taking orders, and I have no idea why. But, I went up to the register. "Hey, welcome to Diner Joe's." the lady at the register said. Good ol' Diner Joe's. So, I tell her what me and the gang wanted, and give her the cash to pay. "Alright," she said. "Just wait, and we'll call you up."

I walked around the diner trying to find where the gang was at, then Sonata waved her hand to get my attention and find where they were. They were at two booths. I walk over to sit next to Sonata, who was smiling childishly at me. So adorable. But anyways, in front of us was Sunset and Rainbow Dash. Rainbow was giving me a smirk. "How cute of you two." she said with a giggle. "You're pretty lucky to have THAT happen that quickly."

"Eh," Sonata said. "I guess we perhaps were." Then, underneath the table, we held hands. "I mean, I didn't see it coming. I just thought we'd be friends."

Rainbow still giggled. Sunset looked happy to see us having a nice time. "Well, I'm just glad you both are alright. It's been a long day, and it was probably hard for you two." I nodded. "Yeah. But anyways, glad you're with us again."

"Me, too." Dash said, then playing with the ketchup bottle, spinning it on her finger, somehow.

"Eh, thanks, guys." I said. "Lucky I didn't break away." And I really was. Otherwise I don't know yet what might've happened to me and Sonata. I would be broken down and pretty crazy just for a crazy reason. Sonata, I don't know if she would bother coming back to my place, and then I didn't know what would've happened to her next. Well, maybe one of the girls would have a new roommate, AKA her, but still, what would have happened. What if?

I waited a little longer for our food, but then the little bell rang. I went up to the counter, grabbed the food, which was heavy but I managed to hold it up, and thanked the lady who put the food up. I dashed back towards the gang, and passed out the food. As all the food was passed out, we finally ate. I got myself two sloppy joe's, Sunset got a sub sandwich, Dash got herself a burger, and Sonata got herself three tacos. Yeah, this place was weird having stuff like this, but it was amazing!

We did chat, like always. "So, any songs currently being made or something?" I ask. "Would love to hear them."

Rainbow did nod. "Yeah." she said. "Fluttershy is working on an alternative song, Pinkie is working on a pop song, and Sunset... what song were you making again?"

"Indie rock." Sunset answered. "I like that kind of music." I nodded.

"Yeah, I love that genre." I told her. "Too bad many of my indie rock songs aren't really famous. Those songs are really fun and nice to listen to." It was true. But then I asked, "Are any of those song made yet?"

Rainbow nodded. "Well, ONE song." she said. "It was one Sunset made a while ago, and matter of fact, we were practicing it a bit while you were away."

"I'm pretty sure people will like it." Sunset said. "It's like a sweet little song about forgetting about the past and now entering the new. Kinda made it up on top of the school one day."

I raised my eyebrow. "Really?" I ask. "What's the name of it?"

Sunset smiled, like she really loved this song with all of her heart. "Past Is Not Today. It kinda just got up to me. You know, since I am a pretty hated student here, being a she-demon before and all. But still, I thought this would be a nice song." She then looked at Sonata, who had a taco prepared to be shoved in her mouth. "And I thought... maybe Sonata would like to sing. Like a duet?"

Sonata widened her eyes and had the frozen shocked-and-scared look on her face. She put her taco down. She rubbed her arm. "Uh..." she said, trailing off, then blushing. "Uh, Sunset, I don't think you might have gotten it in your head yet, but I'm NOT a singer. Not anymore..." She crossed her arms.

"Oh, come on, Sonata." Sunset said. "I think you'll do fine. Once we do more practice, we'll get you sounding like a true pop singer, like the voice you had with the siren gem. And you won't be singing for negativity. Instead, you'll be singing for people, and you'll love it." Sonata started to smile slightly, but then went back to a frown.

"That'll take years." Sonata said, doubting that she'll ever get a great voice anytime sooner. "Voices like THAT will take up such time. And they don't just come up and then I just go singing away." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You don't really know that." I told her. "I betcha that you'll get that voice tomorrow." I gave a smile to her, but she didn't smile back.

"I really thank you guys for doing this. Honestly, I'm speaking the truth. But really, sometimes you gotta face the truth." Sonata said. "I mean, there is NO way I'm going to get my voice today, tomorrow, the next week, next year, or at all!" Then, the little radio playing in the diner soon played Paramore. Before the the radio started playing the lyrics, Sonata looked at all of us. "See watch."

She then opened her mouth to sing the lyrics, showing us how bad she is, no matter how hard she's trying. But... it's the complete opposite. "No sir, well I don't wanna be the blame, not anymore." She then shut up and cupped her mouth. This wasn't a trick was it? No, her voice was louder than the radio over here. She looked at us.

"Come on." I whispered to her. "You had it."

She put her hands off her mouth, and prepared herself again. "That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa." She continued singing, with the others listening in. That was her voice alright, and during the time, the radio stopped, and Sonata still sung. And she aced the pitch. Literally. She then stopped, now noticing the radio stopped for a moment.

I smiled so wide, and so did everyone else. "Oh my god..." she said quietly, with tears forming in her eyes. Tears of absolute joy. "I sung." She couldn't help but bring such a heartwarming smile. "I actually sung."

"Sure did." I told her. "See, I told ya."

She giggled. "Well, I got my voice TODAY, not the next day."

I grinned. "Damn." I said, laughing afterwards. "But hey, you can sing now!"

"Don't know how, but I got my singing voice back!" Sonata said in such a giddy and happy tone. She looked at Sunset. "And about that offer, I'll gladly sing!" We then formed a group hug, and then after we finished a minute later, we got out. And along the way, Sonata did nothing but happily sing. She skipped, smiled, and sung with all her heart. And it was a sweet moment.

Author's Note:

Enjoyed? Check out my other stories, too! #StayAwesome And also, sorry for the delay. I'm just trying to get proofreading done and such, so the story, or chapters really, don't suck. Please forgive me. I also got two new stories about to pop out, too.