• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 9,739 Views, 264 Comments

Love Until Dusk - MyLittleGeneration



After the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings left, defeated and very angry. Well, two of them. The other one was left, abandoned. She was Sonata Dusk. Until a boy comes by to her side. With Dusk Shine by Sonata, love comes by.

  • ...
31
 264
 9,739

A Shocking Turn

After another beatdown in another game against Pinkie, this time 7-0, which was very competitive, I looked at Aria, who was playing Dance Dance Revolution with Sonata. I smiled as I saw them play and dance. I have to admit, I wanted to play, even though I wasn't the best at it, but still, could be fun.

Sonata looked at the screen. "Dang!" she said. "Ria, you always beat me." She gave Aria a playful pouty face.

Aria chuckled. "You can't stop me." she said. "You do know that nobody has ever beaten me in this kind of stuff, right?"

"What about me?" I ask from behind, making Aria turn around.

She laughed. "Go ahead. Game on." She inserted eight quarters for the two of us, and let me choose the song. "You know how this works, right?"

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have been as cocky." I said, smirking.

"Good point." I looked around at the songs, and decided to choose 'Stamp On The Ground' by the Italo Brothers. "This one? Gee, you and Sonata both." I raise a brow before she spoke again. "Sonata ALWAYS played this at least once whenever we battle."

"It's true." Sonata admitted. "So... good luck."

"What do you mean?" I said. "I might've gotten served by Pinkie, but Aria? Tsk, tsk. I got it in the bag."

"Alright, kid." Aria said, grinning. "Bring it on the dance floor."


We played around on the machine, having a helluva good time. I was getting my ass handed, but I didn't care. Aria smiled, Sonata smiled, and so did I. "You got it, Duskie!" Sonata cheered. I slowly started to get back in the game and caught up to Aria, but Aria just... stopped.

"Aria, you alright?" I asked, the game still playing as she turned her head to face the outside. Out of nowhere, a firetruck stopped in front of a building that just started to burn. The arcade was packed, crowded, and everything seemed so loud, even the game we were playing. I was a little shocked to see an apartment, set on fire, and it was getting big really quick.

I stopped playing also, and went outside. Aria followed, and so did Sonata, Sunset, and everyone else. We then witnessed it: a crying woman running out of the building with burning hands. A fireman came to her side, and the woman, who was grey and had blonde hair, weeped, "My daughter! She's in there! I couldn't get her out!"

A scream of horror coming from a small child was then heard. The fire broke through the windows, and the sound of cackling flames filled the air. It was getting violent and big very quickly. "HELP!" the girl cried out. She wasn't in sight, and was probably stuck somewhere, due to the woman, or mother now, having burnt hands, maybe trying to get some debris out of the way.

I wanted to get in there and help, so I took a step forward, but then, I was shoved by a fireman. "Step back!" he yelled. "We got this!" I then heard debris falling inside immediately. For God's sake that building is getting torn apart already. Firemen carried a hose, and sprayed the fire with water. It was getting the job done, but not enough. I may not be an expert like these guys, but I had a sudden urge in my stomach that this fire is going to take time, and that poor little girl in there isn't going to last long. Especially with thick clouds of smoke pouring out.

I took another step, which the fireman pushed me back again. "Kid, I'm serious! Don't be a hero now!" he shouted as the fire got louder. "We have thi- HEY!" Suddenly, the man merged to the right, like he was blocking someone. I thought maybe I could take the chance to be the hero here, but clearly someone else had that in mind. And she was executing it right now. But I got slightly afraid when I noticed who it was, and hearing Sonata scream.

"Aria!" she shouted. Indeed, the purple-skinned punk rushed quickly into the building, in which another fireman tried to stop her, but she pushed him out of the way, making him fall on his butt. I only stared in awe as I saw the teen run in... and prayed that she AND the girl came back...

Aria's POV

I pushed the old fireman out of the way, yelling at me not to go in there. Like hell I'll listen to you, I don't tell you how to live your life, bud. I quickly noticed everything seemed to turn into hell already. The stairs were luckily fine in its state, but the hallways were covered in thick smoke and flames. Before the fireman could try to grab, for when I looked back he lurched out, the door was blocked by fallen debris, which was burning intensely. He only stared with fear and shock.

I looked back at a scared and sobbing Sonata and Dusk, who was trying to get in here. Sorry, kid... I gave off a peace sign to the two of them, and then a little smile I started heading up the stairs, running into the fire.

I hear the girl scream once more. "HELP!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. It was annoying, but this girl was no-shit scared. I turned my head into a room, where I saw nothing but burning debris. There was another room, and I move towards the door of it, finding out that the girl was trapped behind a large bunch of flaming wood. I stared at it with eagle eyes. "Hello?" she said out loud. "Mom?"

"No." I answered. "But listen, stay calm! I'm here to help you!"

"But, you're not a firefighter!" the girl said back. "Stay away!"

"I'm not a firefighter, but come on, I'm trying to save you!" I shouted. I tried to maneuver around, since the fire was covering almost everything. Honestly, surprised I wasn't caught on fire. I finally made it towards the batch of burning wood, which she was lucky it hasn't collapsed on her. She looked around, trying to think of how to first off, not pull wood off and not let it fall on the girl, and also, how she was gonna do it in time.

She realized that the firefighters were trying to hose down some of the house down, but fire was literally everywhere. How does fire get this bad? I looked at the girl, terrified. I then just shrugged. "Screw it." I quickly grabbed the wood, and my hand burned immediately. I cringed so hard, and wanted to let go, but I shook my head and pulled off a large piece of wood off from the pile. I let tears escape my eyes and I look at my hands.

The girl screamed, but she had a clearing to go through. She just needed to crawl. "Go!" I shouted. But then I realized, how was I going to get this girl out? Unless the firefighters were ahead of that. And they were, apparently. I hear a loud speaker vibrate from outside.

"Are you okay?" said a fireman into the megaphone. "Up there in the second floor, jump from the window. We have a net set for you to land safely on. Hurry!"

My hands were burning, and I was crying, mascara running, but I looked at the girl. "Go!" The girl nodded, and looked at the window, which was open. She quickly got on the window, and looked down.

"Mommy!" the girl cried. The mother tried telling the daughter to just jump on the net below, and I looked around. This whole place was going to fall, and both of us are gonna be victims of this S.O.B. The fires roared, the girl cried, and I could hear a panicking Sonata. Soon, a small explosion was heard, and that's when my reactions were of good use. I turn around to see a large wave of fire come towards me, and my pupils shrink. I ran up to the window, grabbed the girl, and jumped out of the window, where down below was a giant net held by firefighters, like they said earlier. The fire roared out from behind me, and it all felt like an action movie.

We fall down to the blanket, but in mid-air, the fire breathed on my back, and some debris flew into my back, one hitting on my neck. While we fell perfectly in the net, the girl got up fine, crying and rushing to her mother. Me... I didn't know how I looked...

Dusk Shine's POV

I saw everything happen with Sonata in my arms. I'm trying to comfort her, but she couldn't take it. Not after Aria jumped. "Aria!" she shouted, running up to Aria. She was on the net, looking unconscious. Her hands looked burned and scarred, while her back seemed a little bloody, burnt, and bruised. I did notice pieces of the house crashing into her while she held the girl in front of her. Jesus... I didn't know it was going to go like this.

Aria was on the net, on her stomach, her closed eyes twitching. Sonata had a look of fear in her eyes, and she sobbed. "Aria..." I put my hand on her shoulder.

I don't think Aria was dead... at least I hoped, but she wasn't going to be the same after this. Pretty soon, an ambulance came. I only prayed nothing bad will happen when we get there...

Author's Note:

Well, Aria's a hero. Enjoyed?