• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 741 Views, 9 Comments

Sun and Moon - Dark_Soliloquy



The time has come. Equestria will fall at the hand of the nightmares, unless somepony stops them. But with the Elements out of sight, how will they do it?

  • ...
8
 9
 741

The Aftermath

"And, now, your two princesses, Princess Celestia and Luna!" Silver Suit, the royal adviser, announced. The crowd cheered.

The two sisters stepped up on the platform. Celestia looked at Luna, just to see her expression. She looked happy, happier than Celestia had seen her in a long, long time. But yet, her smile was laced with sadness. Sadness that one could not forget. The pain of living for centuries, and knowing that your sister could not save you.

Perhaps Luna could never forgive her.

What had happened a few nights ago, nopony ever truly knew. After Nightmare Moon and Solar Flare clashed, the nightmares seemed to... disappear. Celestia and Luna woke up, rubble surrounding them. Then they flew towards each other and embraced their sister.

~oOo~

The days went on, the more that passed, the more ponies would forget. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The fact that my subjects admire my duty raising the moon comforts me.

I wish I could forget. Forget the sorrows, the troubles. Forget the pain that I have caused. Forget all I have done.

Forget the nightmares that still plague me.

But, for now, my troubles can wait. After all, my sister awaits.

Author's Note:

That's it. That's the end. The end of the series. :fluttershysad:

I wish it could go on forever, but alas, all good things must come to an end.

Comments ( 5 )

I don't see why this got dislikes.
I like an easy read. If I'm devoted, I'll drag my way through a 5,000 word-per-chapter book, but I like the quicker ones better.

I liked this series, it was nice.

Oh, it is so wonderful. But there is a bad jump between two chapters. The last one and the one bfore it.

A millennium's worth of history... Contained in a trilogy about as long as an average chapter. What?

Lyi
Lyi #5 · Aug 9th, 2015 · · ·

Pretty good, although I do think it could do with a bit more work. The pacing was a little bit off, and the scenes progressed too fast. I also think that this story deserves the AU tag, as Solar Flare appearing in Ponyville is not part of the canon. The characters are not developed very well, and they seem a little too vague to be true. Between the two "Daydream and Nightmare" sisters, there isn't enough information to follow along. I know that there was supposed to be a plot twist somewhere, but I didn't find anything to "twist". I didn't know enough about them to have feelings and emotions to understand the plot twist. I noticed some spacing and punctuation errors. This was a good series, but I can't say it was great.

Login or register to comment