• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 741 Views, 9 Comments

Sun and Moon - Dark_Soliloquy



The time has come. Equestria will fall at the hand of the nightmares, unless somepony stops them. But with the Elements out of sight, how will they do it?

  • ...
8
 9
 741

Light in the Darkness

A young purple pony trotted back and forth, pacing around the library. With her magic she held a book, and in the book held the tale of the mare in the moon. Her eyes darted right to left as she scanned the pages.

As she read further, her eyes widened.

"Spike!" She called. Spike was her assistant, her baby dragon assistant.

"Uh, yeah Twilight?" Spike answered, rushing to the mare's side.

"Take a letter, Spike. To Celestia." She paused and looked up at the moon. The silhouette of a dark mare stared back at her. The stars seemed to be reaching out towards the moon.

"Dear... Princess... Celestia..." Spike mumbled as he scribbled on a piece of parchment furiously.

"Oh, Celestia... I fear something terrible is happening..." The mare, Twilight Sparkle, whispered.

~oOo~

"Well?" Sekhmet said rather impatiently. She watched as her sister, Nyx, took her time to read a letter that had been addressed to Celestia. They didn't let her read it, of course.

"Twilight Sparkle... She knows too much. But even too much is still not enough. Celestia may answer back..." Nyx smiled and handed back the letter. "On your terms."

"Very well. Twilight will have nothing to worry about when she is under the notion that everything is fine." Sekhmet smiled and walked away with the letter.

A room or two over Celestia lay, weak and powerless.

"Oh, Celestia! Your little student sent you a letter." Sekhmet laughed.

Celestia looked up slowly.

"Now, I'm going to be nice and let you answer it. But when you're done, I'll... Read it over." Sekhmet floated the letter to Celestia.

Celestia grabbed it warily, then got a quill and started to write. Dear Twilight Sparkle, You must simply stop reading those dusty old books! In the mean time, I am sending you to Ponyville to help with preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And, while you're there, make some friends! Sincerely, Princess Celestia. When she was finished, she reluctantly handed the letter over to Sekhmet. Sekhmet snatched the letter from Celestia's grasp.

Her eyes scanned the parchment, then she laughed. "You have to be joking! 'Make some friends'? It'll take more than friendship do even delay us." Sehkmet rolled up the letter and sealed it with wax. With a swift whoosh, it dissipated.

~oOo~

Nightmare Moon smirked as the stars reached out to her. They would be her escape. Soon, she would unleash eternal night, and watch as all the ponies in Equestria lived in fear... Forever!

Don't do this, A little voice in Nightmare Moon's head whispered. It was familiar, like that was how she was, like that voice was hers. But it wasn't. You're Luna, not... This!

What? Who was this Luna? Whoever she was, Nightmare was definitely not her. But... Nightmare Moon couldn't remember who she was, so how could she know for sure?

Who was she?