• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 12,836 Views, 985 Comments

You Can't Help Who You Love - Feather Flyer



What's the use? No one wants to accept her as a new person. She tried the best she could to show the others that she's changed, but nothing's working. She can't blame them: who would believe her anyway? That is, anyone other than herself?

  • ...
59
 985
 12,836

Differences to Note

"She seems kind of...different, don't you think?"

"Yeah. Like she's not the same person..."

"I agree. She never drinks coffee."

Sunset Shimmer opened her eyes slightly and glanced at the counter. Both the boy and girl were whisper talking as they prepared her order. It was obvious that they didn't want her to hear by the way they glanced over their shoulders at her. Her eyes were narrowed slights and she watched them as well as listened to them. They weren't that great at being quiet about things. It was probably because they thought she was asleep that they were a little louder than they should have been when it came to whispering.

"Shimmer would never yell at us. She must be having a bad day," the boy said.

"Or maybe...she's going through an emo phase!" the girl hissed.

The boy shushed her as he capped the black coffee.

"Shhh! Not so loud..."

"But it's so obvious. The leather jacket, those boots, that attitude, her hair being down..." the girl continued.

"Maybe you're thinking more of a bad girl more than an emo person, Sugar Belle," her friend sighed.

The girl, Sugar Belle, frowned.

"Either way, she's changed, Double Diamond."

Double Diamond nodded as he walked around the counter and made his way toward Sunset. The girl had many thoughts running through her head. What was with all this nonsense about her going through an 'emo phase'? What was an emo phase?? And what did they mean by her hair being down, her leather jacket, boots, and attitude...Sunset had always been like that! Nothing changed!

Sunset started to move forward and propped her elbows on the table she was at without opening her eyes, startling Double Diamond. She opened them and caught a glimpse of him nearly spilling her coffee. She gritted her teeth.

"You better watch it, buster..."

The boy blinked and glanced back at Sugar Belle, who looked just as surprised as him.

"...Uh, sorry, Shimmer."

Sunset snatched her coffee and muffin from him.

"My name's Sunset by the way, Double Diamond. I don't go by Shimmer so stop it."

Double Diamond combed his fingers through his hair. He glanced at his friend and sighed.

"Apologies...So how are you? What brings you here so late?"

Sunset frowned.

"Isn't it obvious. I wanted coffee and a muffin."

The boy stood there awkwardly. He nodded and kept looking at Sugar Belle. Sunset sniffed and continued to eat. Best humor them. She was too tired to do anything anyway so she just had to hope they'd stop being stupid. She would like more than anything to be in bed right then. But her legs just didn't want to move from their position.

"You told us that you had go to your lesson with Mr. Melody when we left school. How did that go?" the girl said.

Sunset paused before she took a sip from her steaming coffee. Her eyebrows lowered directly above her eyes and a frown came across her lips. She already was in a bad mood about all the reformation stuff...But this? What exactly was going on? She pressed the cup to her mouth and took a long sip of hot coffee before answering.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your lesson with Mr. Melody. How did it go?" Sugar Belle asked eagerly.

"I don't know a Mr. Melody. Is he related to an Octavia? Like maybe her father or something?" Sunset asked with confusion.

Sugar Belle placed her hands on her hips.

"You do know him, Shimmer! You just told us who he was just now. He does have a daughter named Octavia! Stop messing around. How did your lesson go?"

Sunset shrugged and continued to drink her coffee, feeling a bit annoyed.

"If you mind, I'd like to be left alone. I don't know what you're talking about and I'm a bit pissed at the moment so back off with the questions."

The two of them took a few steps back, feeling alarmed by the hostile tone she took. This was unlike her...Double Diamond scratched his head and turned scarlet as he looked down at Sunset. She's been a bit rude to them and he needed to know why. Shimmer always was nice and well mannered, no matter what happened. The only thing he could think of that could possibly be the reason for her sudden change in attitude was one thing...

"Um...I know this is rude of me to ask, but...is it your time of the...month..?"

Sunset's face reddened and she turned her gaze to him. Immediately, Double Diamond regretted his question. Sunset stood up abruptly and grabbed his shirt. The coffee tipped over and spilled on the floor. She pulled him close and ground her teeth together. Double Diamond practically lost all his strength as his knees gave out. Sugar Belle stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. It all happened so fast!

Double Diamond was scared out of his mind.

"I-I'm sorry, Shimmer--"

"It's Sunset! Sun-Set!" the ex-demon snarled. "Your apology isn't going to take back what you said. I should slam you on the ground and stomp your face!"

"N-No! Please!" Double Diamond shrieked and Sugar Belle stood where she was, fearful of what could happen. She wanted to stop her, but she was scared to get hurt.

Sunset felt her blood rush with an accelerating feeling she hadn't felt in a long time. Adrenaline. Sunset smirked. Being in charge and pushing others around had given her a natural high and now it felt good to be above others. Friendship wasn't anything she needed. Being the top. The best. The Queen....was all she needed. Sunset released her grip on his shirt and he fell to the floor in a heap.

Without saying a word, Sunset turned and left. She didn't bother to pay them for the food they gave her. Sugar Belle knelt on the floor and comforted a shaken up double Diamond. She herself was feeling very uneasy about the display of behavior the girl had shown. She patted the boy's shoulder and swallowed hard.

Just then her phone buzzed and she fumbled to get it out of her pocket. She looked at the name on her screen and the message with utter shock and disbelief. She gritted her teeth and slammed her phone on the floor, cracking the screen badly. On it the screen pointed up toward the ceiling with cracks running through the words.

Shimmer- Hey, how are you doing?