• Published 12th May 2012
  • 2,821 Views, 66 Comments

Darkness of our Hearts - thenamelessauthor



An insane gamer brony that can warp Reality at will goes to Equestria. How awesome does that sound?!

  • ...
5
 66
 2,821

Chapter 3

Wataru’s PoV.

“And this is Oatmeal.” Pinkie voiced as she introduced me to a light brown coated, long dark brown manned and green colored eyed earth mare who smiled at me… a little tiny lustfully.

“Nice to meet you, handsome.” Oatmeal voiced

Well, maybe not that little tiny. Don’t check her Cutie Mark, no matter how much you want to know or how strong is your curious nature. “Nice to meet you…” I smiled at her awkwardly.

“She is not crazy.” Pinkie Pie suddenly blurted out, taking me and Oatmeal by surprise. “I asked her!”

“I remember...” Oatmeal nodded as she shuddered for a moment.

Wait a sec… ‘Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!’ Oh my God! I found that sentences’ sense-DAMMIT!! I looked at her bowl themed Cutie Mark.

“So… do you want to make me to give you a bowl?”

“Why would you give me a bowl?”

“I’m pretty good at giving them. In fact, they come to me like second nature. I always tell myself, ‘Oatmeal, you should make your job to make this wonderful bowls!’” Oh, I see what she did there. God, what an awfully lame dirty innuendo pun. “Anyways, do you want to know how the milk I use make my breakfast tastes?” the mare asked me in an almost pleading whisper before adding an unnerving wink, Pinkie Pie blissfully oblivious to the current events thanks to a blue butterfly that flew near her.

“Erm… maybe later.” I told her as I tried to hide my nervousness.

“Are you sure? My milk is quite… addictive.”

GAH!! CONFOUND THIS PONY!! SHE DRIVES ME TO SWEAT BLOODY BULLETS!!

I started to look frantically around, praying silently Luna for a way to escape from the madness, when the goddess herself, that stood a few feet away, suddenly walked away, allowing me to see DJ-Pon3 and Octavia chatting over some table in the other side of the room.

“So? What do you say, my little human?”

“Hehe… I think I will keep this in mind, catch you later.” I smiled at her before dashing towards the musician mares, hearing a quite loud, “Dammit!” behind me.

“Hello!” I greeted cheerfully at the mares, which turned towards me curiously, “I’m Wataru Kamijo.”

Vinyl smirked, while Octavia giggled a little. “We already know that, pal! It’s your ‘Welcome to Ponyville!’ party after all!” the first responded.

“Yeah, I kinda forgot about that.” I chuckled sheepishly, “Anyways, it is a pleasure to meet you both. From where I come, I only could hear fragments of your music, but what I did hear I enjoyed it.”

Both mare shared a look and then turned towards me with a feral grin, “Well… I guess we should give you a ‘private show’ then…”

“Wh-What?” I asked quite shocked. Is everymare in this town in heat or something?

They looked at me for a few moments before bursting into a joyful laughter. “Oh pal! You should have seen your face! Priceless!”

I sighed in relief. They were only messing with me. It was only something after all.

“Don’t worry. We saw how you tried to escape from Oatmeal.” Octavia explained, “I swear that that mare always tries to give her ‘special private party’ to every new resident.”

“Yeah, I remember her flirting with me when it was my turn. And I was only a foal, pal!” DJ-Pon3 nodded, “Now that I think about it, she tried to hit on you too, right pal?”

“Yes, I remember well. It was… awkward to say the least.” Octavia nodded as well, before turning towards me, “But enough of that flirty mare, tell us more about you.”

“Well… there’s not much to be told, really.” I shrugged, “Hey, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, pal. What is it?”

“Have you ever tried combining your music styles?” That question has always bugged me.

The mares looked at me in shock, then at each other and then back at me, “No… actually, the thought never crossed our minds.” That's... quite hard to believe.

“I see.” I guess I just started something, “Because I found this song and thought it would sound like something you would do together.” I explained them as I used my Reality Warping powers to find and summon my I-Pod to this world. I ended with a bleeding eye but I was excited in the inside. “Shrug off my bleeding eye, trust me. Now, listen to this.” I told them before I rested the device on the table and pressed the Play button, the mastered version of ‘A Touch of Variation’ made by CommandSpry starting to play.

Vinyl started to bang her head to the rhythm of the song as Octavia closed her eyes and tried to mimic the song’s violoncello, if it was a violoncello at all, I don’t know, with the air.

By the epic song ended, they looked at each other and smirked before turning towards me.

“Pal! You have to give me that song! Whoever did this is a monster! Believe it!” DJ-Pon3 voiced as she punched/hoofed towards the skies dramatically.

I smirked as I cleaned with my sleeve the now dried blood, “The CD is already in you mixing console.”

“Aw Yeah!!” the Remixing Mistress cried with joy.

“That song has given me many new ideas that I can’t wait to try on my new songs. Thank you very much, Mister Wataru.”

“The pleasure is mine, because I could help you both.” I winked at them with a smile. Not flirting! Just being kind.

“Hey! Wataru!” a familiar voice suddenly cried behind me and I turned around, the Mane 6 motioning me to go with them.

I nodded at the Musician Mistresses with a smile, which is the way I say ‘See ya later!’ before walking towards the Mane 6, who were smiling at and chatting furiously with each other.

Suddenly, a god-like roar echoed into the night. “KAMIJO!!” the unmistakable voice of Celestia called me with authority and anger. Like a fool, I looked outside the window and saw the sun rising over the horizon shockingly fast.

I rested my arms against the nearest wall, looked at the floor and started to pant in slightly panic as I began to theorize again.

By the facts that she is outside, the sun is rising prematurely and fast, and she is as pissed as she sounds thanks to her CAPS LOCK speech, then it wouldn’t be too farfetched to theorize she is going to try banishing me, fighting me if I refuse to go down peacefully, and kill me at the first chance she gets.

I turned over my shoulders and looked at the girls, who looked at me shock and fear, Twilight being the one in the border line of bursting in tears.

And she might try to use the Elements, which might or might not work on me.

And this factors give me the following choices: A, kill the girls so Celestia can’t use the Elements, which of course I will not even think about choosing; B, kill Celestia herself NOW with my reality warping powers, which I will not do either; C, face Celestia and kill her in battle, which is laughable because she is a thousand or even more years old and MUST have fighting experience; D, face Celestia AND Luna, the latter being one who could or couldn’t be outside there; E, let them use the Elements and see what happens; F, let her banish me, probably to the Moon; G, run away and be hunted down like a animal, which is trilling; and G-1-1, run away and be hunted down like a animal, have a showdown with both Alicorn princesses and somehow have a profit in the fourth stage of the plan, which is even more thrilling and tempting.

“COME HERE AT ONCE, YOU DISGUTING AND PARADOXICAL CREATURE!!” Celestia added again with that accursed booming voice that shook the whole house.

I could hold back an excited and sadistic grin. I guess I’m going with… H.

I straightened my posture, righted my air tie, and started to walk towards the exit.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes.” I voiced to anyone who listened to me, “Don’t wait for me stand up, okay?” I added as I reached the door and started to slowly spin the handle of it. “Oh, wait.” I stopped in my tracks suddenly before laughing voidly as I reached from my pocket once again my I-Pod and put on the earphones I made on the fly. I smiled again, “Now, that’s better.”

I opened the door and walked outside, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and a dozen of Royal Guard, both ‘Solar’ and ‘Lunar’, holding spears and swords with their hooves.

The Lunar Princess was the first one to speak, “Who are you, human?” she asked with authority.

I turned towards her and smiled kindly, “My name is Wataru Kamijo. A true pleasure to meet you, Princess Luna. Can I ask why you called me in such disrespecting manner? No, wait… surely you both know about human kind and their destructive nature, so that’s a complete answer. Am I right?”

Luna nodded silently at me, and I took the chance to meet eyes with her. Kindness, Loyalty and Generosity were reflected in her eyes. She was keeping the mask of not caring about me at all, but as the kindred spirit she is, she pitied me and feared for my fate, because she wished no ill will to any living creature and I am confident in that she think one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Wait…

“My faithful student has told me that you have met all of the Elements of Harmony, including herself, and believes that you are quite eccentric but not evil.” Celestia voiced in a very formal tone that betrayed no emotion by revealing its hiding place, “However, I know better of your kind. They are destructive and sadistic. They believe in right and wrong, and choose wrong for it is, most of the times, the easy way out of things. They betray the ideal of Harmony and Love and Tolerance and most of their lives, they enjoy from the suffering of others. You have no place in our kingdom, for you will corrupt and destroy everything at your reach, including my little ponies.” Her horn started to glow menacingly. “I will not give you the chance to do so. Guards, apprehend the human!”

The Solar and Lunar Guards dashed at me, but I stood in my place, motionless.

“Dear Princess Celestia,” I started as the nearest pony try to pierce through my chest, but his spear shattered into broken glass before even touching me, “my friends and I all learned an important lesson this week,” despite their shock of the recent event, the guards tried again to harm but they suffered the same result as the first one and, while shrugging that off, I started to walk towards Celestia, “Never judge a book by its cover.” Her eyes widened as she realized that I was quoting one of Twilight’s Friendship Reports, “Someone may look unusual, or funny, or scary. But you have to look past that and learn who they are inside.” The Guard were frozen at watching their leader looking at me in epiphany, and remained still as I closed on to her nearer and nearer, “Real friends don’t care what your ‘cover is; It’s the ‘contents’ of a pony that count.” The Mane 6 walked out of the house and looked at me and Celestia, I smiled at them kindly from over my shoulder, “And a good friend, like a good book, is something that will last forever. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”

“Who are you?” Celestia asked me, shocked.

“I used to wonder that for as long as I can remember and I never found out that answer, so I decided to make my own. I am what I want to be, and I want to be a being who watches over the others, Celestia.” I smirked, “A being… beyond the Gods themselves.”

“That’s… meaningless.”

I chuckled, “I know. But I wanted to say something dramatic.” I adjusted the glass I didn’t wear by pushing them a little over my nose’s bridge, “I have finally found Equestria. You will not take me away from this Promised Land.” I voiced defiantly before resting my hands into my coat’s pockets.

“No one promised you anything.” Celestia countered coldly before lowering her head and aiming her horn at me, that was starting to glow once again, “Be gone, Kamijo. Be gone to where beings like you should go… to our memories.” She added before shot a beam of yellow light at me from her horn.

Whoa, the Universes must love me if it let me the answer so perfectly settled, “I will never become a memory.” I added moments as the beam became nearer and nearer.


“Wataru… Do you hear me, Wataru?” a kind and masculine voice asked me with a whisper.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the blurry shadow of a human figure standing by my right side. I felt so bloody tired that I wasn’t feeling like even try to think. “Huh? Another human? And you know my name?” I asked weakly, as I slightly focused on him, “Weren’t I on Equestria?”

“You are. Or at least, your physical body is.” The shadow voiced. My vision was still blurry, but I could tell black, untidy, long hair, and pale skin.

Wait… physical body? I looked around and found myself lying in some grassy field at midnight, the moon looking really big on the sky and the sound of rustling water coming from somewhere, my mind starting to work at a thousand hours by the moment as I theorized every possibility. “Am I in my soul, dude?”

My vision cleared instantly and I saw him.

About 30 years old, give or take a few years. Pale skin. Long, chaotic and black hair. Black eyes that shone with kindness and determination. White robes that covered most of his body. I looked around and realized there was someone else with him.

It was a woman.

She looked to be about 20 and some years old. Pale skin, looking to be as delicate as porcelain. Long, tidy, white hair. Black eyes that shone with care, as well loneliness and tiredness. White robes covered her body as well.

“Yes, or more exactly you are inside your mindscape.” I have one? Sweet! “However… can you hear my name I am Izanagi.” the man asked.

“What about mine? Can you hear it as well? My name is Izanami.” the woman added.

“Yes…” I voiced confused, “I can hear your names very clearly. Why do you ask such stupid-“ Wait. “Who are you? No, wait. The actual question is… Seriously? Two Zanpakutos?”

“Don’t consider yourself that blessed.” Izanami cut me down, “Izanagi is not your Zanpakuto, but your Persona… I think. And I’m not either your Zanpakuto or your Persona.”

“Then what are you?”

“I am… a weapon, who uses you as a way to find its true wielder.”

“Come again?”

Izanami sighed, “You’ll see. Izanagi and I are beings that complement each other, yet we cannot have the same master, for our personalities clash eternally. However, I can ask you to find a master for me based on her own personality and characteristics.” Her body flickered and appeared before me, taking me by surprise, “Take this.” she voiced as she took my hand, opened it and put a keychain on it with the form of a book, “When you find a worthy master, give them this keychain. And I shall do the rest, Kamijo.”

“Okay.” I nodded at her as the keychain vanished. I already have someone in my mind indeed.

“Return to that world, and make show her who you truly are, Kamijo.” Izanagi voiced as he looked at me emotionless before a smirk showed on his face.

I nodded at him, “But of course.”

Everything faded into white.


I smirked as, from my point of view, everything slowed down. I slowly raised my right arm and raised it, black and red sparkling on my open palm.

A blue spinning card appeared over it, Naruto’s Main Theme playing in the background ominously, encouraging me to crush the card.

“Behold MY will!” I roared as time started to catch up to its usual speed, and I crushed the card, “MUGEN IZANAGI!! [Limitless Izanagi!!]”

Reality flickered for a moment, and the light beam was literally cut down, falling to the floor like if it were a physical object before vanishing as soon as it touched the ground.

I turned around and looked at my Persona. It was drastically different, yet at the same time akin, to the Izanagi I meet a few moments ago. It wore a black jacket with a huge headless platinum colored zip, and it had light grey stumps for legs. There was a blue ring of fire motif on the of end of the right sleeve of the jacket, while the other had the same motif but orange colored, and there was a long, blood-made scarf wrapped around its neck and pale face, covering its mouth and nose behind the jacket’s high collar. Its black long and untidy hair had a fringe as well that covered its left eye, the right and black eye being the only visible one. It held the legendary seven feet long katana known as Masamune with its right black claw with steel-made nails, letting it rest lazily over his shoulders as he stood behind me with pride and magnificence.

“Thou art I… and I am thou…

From the sea of your soul, I riseth …

I am Mugen Izanagi…

Ruler of Infinity…” Izanagi voiced as he stood by my side before vanishing into the sea of my soul.

“I mean no harm to you or your little ponies, Goddess Celestia.” I voiced with a somewhat demonic voice as the flute part of the song played, “In fact, if problems were to rise, be confident I WILL assist with the best of my abilities.” However, I don't get why I'm feeling so badass. I just cut down a Solar Beam with my just unlocked Persona! Maybe Reality had to wait a little until it played the song or something, am I right, readers?

“How can we trust you, human, if your kind does nothing but destroy?” Celestia asked me coldly.

With a sigh, I made my mind and decided to end this with a little gambit, “If you let me stay, then that shall be the way you can pay for interrupting so rudely my ‘Welcome to Ponyville!’ party and the fact you tried to vanish me without trying to hear me. After all, aren’t you the poster mare for Love and Tolerance? Oh, wait. After this little stunt, you are not anymore.”

Celestia’s eyes widened in shock and realization, before she coughed a little, “Fair enough, I will allow you to stay here by now. However, at the first problem you make… you are off the moon, understood?” Oh god! I can’t believe she said that!

I smiled and slightly bowed, “I will agree to your condition.”

Celestia smiled delighted, “Perfect. Seeing as there is no problem here right now, we’ll make our way.” She turned towards Pinkie Pie, “I’m deeply sorry for crashing so rudely into your party.”

“It’s okay Princess! You were worried for our sake! But I’m pretty sure Wataru will not steal it… he looks like a light-weight!”

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sake! That’s brilliant! I see what she did there indeed!

“Okaaay…” the Solar Princess voiced as she looked at the Earth mare confused and slightly freaked out before teleporting away.

“Hey! She left without us! Again!” one of the Solar Guards whined. She did this before? That’s so…

I gasped I realization before another Solar Guard sighed tiredly, “I guess we’ll have to drag the chariot alone… yet again.” Someone has to say it! And I’m here!

“Okay, let’s say it together, chumps!” I voiced before falling to my knees, “DAMN YOU, TROLLESTIA!!” I yelled to the heavens and I shook my right fist towards them.

Everypony sweatdropped as I stood up again, “Now that that’s out of my system, does she realize it immediately or something?”

“No…” the first Guard to speak whimpered, “It takes her about two or three days to realize it, and sometimes she never does.”

“OUR JOB IS NOT IMPORTANT!!” A Guard cried in despair.

“Hey! Get a hold on yourselves! Why don’t you guys join us and get drunk?” I offered them.

“There are no hard drinks.” Applejack told me.

“We’ll see about that soon. Anyways, what do you say, you guys?”

The guard started to whisper to each other before they turned towards me again, “I’m sorry, human. But even if we were forgotten, we have to fulfill our duties. Maybe the next time we meet?”

“GUARDS! WE, PRINCESS LUNA, COMMAND THY TO JOIN WATARU IN THIS SOCIAL ACTIVITY PERFORMED IN HIS HONOR!" Luna suddenly yelled with her Royal Voice, or like I enjoy to call it, spoke in CAPS LOCK.

“At once, princess!” The guys saluted before going into the house.

“I love so much being me! Get to see quite the sights.” I smiled to myself before turning towards the Princess of the Night, “Anyways that was very considerate. Thank you.”

“You know, you might be a human, but you have all the qualities of the finest and funniest colts.” Luna smiled at me kindly.

*smash!* HUH?!

*Moon/Star Arcana Social Link Established!* Sweet!

Hey! Wait a second! “Weren’t you at the party?”

“Excuse me?”

“When I was looking for a way to escape from Oatmeal…” I voiced as I remembered.

“I have no idea what are you talking about.” She answered before biting her lower lip, almost like trying to hold back a smile.

“Yeah right.” I voiced sarcastically as I rolled my eyes, “Anyways, let’s go inside, my throat is a bit itchy after talking with that demonic voice. Do you ponies truly do not have alcohol?”

“Yes. We do have.”

“Sweet!” I voiced before walking back to the Library with my hands resting in my pockets, as I wondered if Pinkie Pie really had sake or it was only a joke, Luna walking by my side.