• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 1,870 Views, 66 Comments

Canterlot High - A Magical Place - Rayli



Matt has just starting attending Canterlot High. He recently moved from out of town, and can't help but feel it's going to be a... magical experience. And he certainly is right, there's lots of magic involved. Possibly too much for even him.

  • ...
7
 66
 1,870

Chapter 6 - A Distanced Bond

It was two days from the incident that had happened with the whole Demon thing. The reason why it only took 2 days was because the entire school decided to help out the 5 girls who'd saved them from that little incident. It seemed to be that they were all mad at Bacon-Hair, and to be honest, Matt couldn't blame them. If someone were trying to enslave him, he'd probably shove a brick into their face. So, really, he was fine with the other students being mad at Bacon-Hair. Was he mad? No, not really. He didn't actually care. He was hidden away, and was fine with the girl going wherever she wanted, so long as it had nothing to do with him. He'd wondered, however, what would happen to the school? He'd probably move to another city, maybe even country, or, hell, maybe even another continent. Or... transfer to a different school. The easy route. He had his laptop in both his hands. Instead of eating, he'd be working on his mod, as coding was very important to him. He started to make his way to a table where no one else sat, but he could hear a girl calling his name.

"Matt~! Matt, Matt, Matt! Come sit over here!" Pinkie screamed across the room, in a cheerful manner, as usual. Matt, however, decided to sit alone, so he could get some coding work done. Pinkie kept on calling his name, but he put his headphones on, so he couldn't hear her anymore, and got to work. Matt was coding for about 18 seconds, until he felt someone hugging him. He turned around, and pink hair was all over his face.

"Shmu, Shmi Shmurda" Matt said, trying to say something.

"Huh?" She said, releasing him from the prison known as hugs.

"How'd you get over here?" He asked, very confused at how she sneaked up on him.

"I walked, silly!" She said, giggling.

"Oh. Right". Matt said, getting back to the work he'd loved most.

"Why aren't you sitting with us?" She said, giggling halfway in.

"Because. I need to get to working on my mod, if I want to be a coder. And right now, that's what I'm trying to do. So..." Matt said, hoping she'd get the gist. Unfortunately for him, she didn't.

"Hey, girls, come sit over here!" She said, with her friends following her command.

"Well howdy, Matt" Applejack said, expecting a hi back.

"Hello darling" Rarity said, also expecting an answer.

"Um... hi" Fluttershy said, hoping he hadn't heard them. Matt, however, seemed to be more so annoyed than actually happy. He wanted to be isolated from them.

"May I ask you all why you're sitting over here?" He said, hoping someone would catch on that he didn't want to be bothered by them.

"Because, you're our friend!" Rainbow Dash replied.

"Don't friends sometimes... *ahem* need to be alone, Dashie?" He said, in a desperate attempt to have someone catch what he was trying to say.

"No, silly!" Pinkie Pie said, giggling once more.

"Alright, I give up; please leave me alone, all of you. The Pink One, the Rainbow One, the Farm one, the Fashionista one, the shy one, and the Bacon-Haired one." Matt said, giving up on being subtle.

"Why do you protest so?" Rarity asked, not realizing she stepped on a landmine.

"BECAUSE. I. WANT. TO. CODE." Matt said, becoming angry at that point. The girls began to leave, but the bell rung, and he had no time, because it was time to go to class. Matt realized he had a free period, which made him happy again. However, he soon realized that he shared free period with Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Bacon-Hair.

"Hey, Matt, I'm... sorry about what happened at the fall formal" He heard a masculine voice say, and so, he turned around, to see Flash Sentry.

"Huh?"

"What happened at the fall formal, I didn't mean to hurt you" Flash said, hoping Matt would accept his apology. Flash was surprised by what came out of Matt's mouth next:

"To be honest, you didn't hurt me at all. In fact, I enjoyed making you angry!" Matt said, showing a smile, proving that he did like seeing Flash at his angry points.

"So... no hard feelings?" Flash asked, unsure of what Matt would say.

"Nah. Well, I got things to do, like CODE. So... bye!" Matt said, getting back to code. Today, he had his one class, and the rest of the day were free periods, so he had all day to code. Matt was ridiculously happy at this, and started to code again, and wasn't interrupted for the rest of the day.

---Getting out o' school---

"Say, Matt, wanna hang out?" asked a familiar voice, as Matt turned around to see who it was. Surprisingly, to Matt, it was Flash Sentry.

"Sure, but it depends on where we're going" Matt asked him.

"We're going to go to a guitar shop, so I can get mine polished, which will take 2 hours, and we'll pass the time by going to Sugarcube Corner, and Gamestart" Flash said, piquing Matt's interest with Gamestart. Ash worked there! He might be able to see Ash on this little trip! And so, they went off to the guitar shop, left it with the guy, and reached Gamestart. However, Andy took the day off, so they just looked around at games.

"Oh, HELL YEAH!" Matt said, looking at a game in particular. Flash Sentry came over to see what it was, and got the same goofy smile as Matt had on his face. It was a new game rumored to be one of the best; World of Atlas. They spent a bit more time looking around, but eventually, they reached Sugarcube Corner.

---Sugarcube Corner---

"I'll take a coffee and a Vanilla Shake, please?" Matt asked Mrs. Cake, as he payed. $10.00. Damn, he thought, back where he was from, it would've costed $6.80. As he tasted his Vanilla Shake, he realized why it costed so much; It tasted exactly like heaven. When he reached Flash, he gave him his coffee. Little did they know, the Human 6 were eavesdropping in their conversation, because they'd also happened to be there.

"So... Matt, are you mad at Sunset Shimmer? For the stuff at the dance?" Flash asked, but Matt seemed to pull a confused look on his face.

"Sunset Shimmer? Who's that?" He asked, with the 6 girls listening wondering among themselves.

"You know, the girl who stole Twilight's crown?" Flash said, with the 6 listening again.

"OH! You mean Bacon-Hair?" Matt asked, donning Sunset Shimmer with his own personal nickname, which he'd chosen based off of her looks, or rather, her hair.

"Yeah, Sunset" Flash said, wanting Matt to expand on his statement.

"I'll tell you something; okay?" Matt said, with Flash nodding his head at that statement.

"Before I transferred to this school, the Sunday before, or rather, the day before my first day, I overheard Twilight and her friend group say something about magic; for the time I've been here, that's all I could think about. Why had they said magic? Did it hold any significance? And the events that happened at the dance? To be 100% honest, I don't really care about her actions. I haven't forgiven her, because I was never really angry. I hid, so I wouldn't have been affected. But what intrigued me the most was that little portal statue thing your girlfriend had went through; what the hell had that meant? Where did it lead to? And now, I want to find out. But at the same time, I don't. It seemed to have a temporal effect, seeing as when Pinkie attempted to go through, it had not worked. Which means, it must open periodically, which means I'm ready to wait. But my thoughts about Bacon-Hair? I'd like to study her, your girlfriend, or at least the crown they were wearing; I want to understand magic more. After all; Magic is just science we can't explain!" Matt finished his speech, ironically, leaving Flash speechless, until he said one thing, the most important thing he took away from Matt's statement;

"You think we're dating?" He asked, secretly wanting Matt to say "yes." Instead, Matt said something else;

"It's obvious, Flash. You two stick like syrup. As for my speech, the tl;dr statement would be; I want to study magic, and I forgive Bacon-Hair." Matt said, as Flash looked at his watch, realizing it would be time for them to get Flash's guitar.

"Oh, crap! Let's go get my guitar, Matt!" Flash said, as they ran out the store. When they left, the 6 girls began to talk.

"Sunset, that's good news; Matt already forgives you for your actions!" Pinkie said, comforting Sunset even more;

"Yeah, I know... it's... nice of him" She said, with the slightest blush forming on her face.

Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer will now be called Bacon-Hair. :P
Also, Matt is awesome. :D