• Published 25th Mar 2015
  • 1,225 Views, 64 Comments

I Hate Being In Equestria - ImNoPony



This is a tale of a guy who doesn't want to admit that he is a brony and got sent to Equestria

  • ...
71
 64
 1,225

Entry 6

My life has not been easy for me, but what happened to me recently has defiantly, without a doubt, takes the cake. After coming home to my apartment after a long day of work, I rewind for a bit before going out and meeting up with my friends. Have some dinner, surf the internet for a bit and discover that I have to write a new fan fiction on a series that I am too embarrassed to admit to watching it. But then I soon got a stress inducing headache that knocks me out. After having a terrible nightmare, I woke up falling from the air, landing on a pile of leaves and discovering I was in a fictional world that I knew. It was one thing if it was in a fictional world that I like such as the worlds of One Piece or Naruto, but It's not. I somehow got teleported to the world of MLP, got turned into a horse and have no way going back home.

And top of this level of insanity, I am explaining all of this to the rainbow coloured ponies that are the main characters of My Little Pony. This experience is something which I won't be explaining again any time soon (not unless I pitched it as a joke).

I was cautious enough not to reveal to them about the fact that I know them from a cartoon. Not only because I think they would be less then friendly to me, since I know most of their personal life and secrets, but because they were confused enough as it is. As I explained to them what I did before and after I got here to Equestria, no one made a different expression other than utterly confused. Even Pinkie Pie didn't know what to make of this and she's the horse that can make any situation a joke (and not always funny). I think they might still help me if I told them about the show to them, but I want to get home as painless as possible and not shatter their perception of the world.

"So then... that's my story" I what I told them when I finish explaining my situation to them.

Once all of them discovered what my problem was, Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 were totally lost on where to begin with. Even Rarity who knew my situation before hand, but then again, I haven't told her how I got here (which is something that I like to know myself). I think they weren't confused on what they need to do as that I haven't give them a lot of details. The first thing that Twilight asked me was:

"So... You just woke up and found yourself in Equestria?"

"And fell from several storey in the sky" I reiterate.

Rainbow Dash then whispered to herself: "I bet I could've found you if you were in the air."

"Strange?" muttered Twilight as she thought out loud. "You don't remember stepping through a portal?"

"No" I replied, feeling like that I repeated what I said for a third time.

The next thing that Twilight say got everyone in the room to become a little bit worried. "How is that possible? If it wasn't a portal, then there must have been some powerful magic."

As we were focusing harder and harder on this subject, a grim picture was being painted in our minds. It was sounding like some person or pony or some sort of entity dragged me here and wanting me to do something. If that was true, then there is two questions that come to my mind. One, why would they want me here for? And second: If I do get back home, would "they" send me back here again? These were troubling questions and they won't be answered so easily.

But as everyone was in their troubling minds, Rainbow Dash yelled out the obvious. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know this sounds really important and all, but don't we already know where he's meant to be?"

Once Rainbow declared her point, everyone is starting to think the same thing as she is thinking: use the mirror portal that connects to the Equestria Girl's universe. To everyone else, that might sounds like a good solution. But to me, that is a bad idea because I know the place that it will lead me to won't be my universe. Worst yet, I still have no way to prove it.

"We just have to start up the old machine of yours and problem solved."

Just before I could have a chance to say anything, Pinkie Pie appeared beside me and yelled into my ears: "Looks Like You Are Going Home After All Hate!" Pinkie was so loud, there was constant ringing in my ears and lost a bit of my balance. With my balance lost, I feel to the ground when Pinkie moved away in horror and yells: "*GASP* Your Going Home! I didn't got the time to get to know you."

Rarity and Fluttershy lend me their hoofs so I can pick myself off the floor, but I managed to do it by myself. Things were going too fast for my liking. If I'm not careful enough, I might have another heart attack. The only thing that I thought I could say without sounding suspicious was:

"Can I see the thing that you are talking about?"

And just like that, the ponies were taking me to where their portal is. Along the way, as they were guiding me, I notice that some of them shot quick glances at me part of the way. I don't think they were suspicious of me or anything. I think they were just checking to see if I am ok. I did well to hide how nervous and tense I was as I was screaming in my head as I was trying to figure out how I can get out of this mess.

My biggest problem is not know enough about the Equestrian Girl's human universe and how it was different it is to my own. I don't know if they have a New York City, a London and/or Australia? I can't say: "My world doesn't have a Canterlot High." because I haven't been to every school in my world. However, I was wracking my brain to figure out a clear cut answer to prove everything. I need to calm down and think more simply, trying to take one step at a time until I find the right answer.

Eventually, the Mane 6 finally brought me to the room where the portal was. I imagined they would have left it in the castle's library, but apparently I was wrong. There were a couple of bookshelves, but not enough that I remember from the Rainbow Rocks movie. But one thing that I definitely recognize was the large mirror that was hooked up to the machine that Twilight invented. It was right dabbed in the middle of the room, taking up most of the space actually.

"Here it is. The portal that can take you home" Rainbow Dash happily explains. "Just don't ask me how it works though. It was meant to be open once every 30 moons or so, but Twilight made a thing that can open and closed it and I always get confused when they try to explain it to me."

"Rainbow Dash!" yelled Twilight in frustration. "I tried to explain it to you like ten times. Just was part that you just don't understand?"

"Yeah! It's really easy" stated Pinkie. "Twilight use the power from Sunset Shimmer's book that connects to a book in the other universe to jumpstart the mirror. She just put the book on the mana synthesising mantel above the mirror's frame and the mana leads to the conductors and through multimodal reflection sorting it can..." And then Pinkie Pie went into Star Trek territory of explaining things and even Twilight Sparkle was confused about. I switched off my ears until Pinkie was finished.

As I stare at the portal mirror, I felt overwhelming urgency. I haven't yet plant the seeds of doubt in their minds yet to make them second guess this plan. It felt like the answer was so simply that I...

"Hey, what's wrong Hate?" enquired Applejack who notice that I wasn't looking happy.

It felt like the answer so simply that I that I had to stop thinking and say what comes to mind.

"It just that...... Um...... Simple?"

"What do you mean?" replied Twilight as the Mane 6's attention became centered on me.

"I mean... everything is going so fast and easy, it feels like..."

I was still trying to find a proper answer, but I soon realized that I said enough. I confused everyone just enough that they were starting going into deep thought. Rarity, Fluttershy and Twilight did the classic putting their hand/hoof up close to their face and some was actually bitting their nails. Applejack had a stumped expression on her face as she was looking and into her thought cloud and Rainbow Dash was just scratching her head. But the "thinking face" that I will remember in my sleep was Pinkie Pie's. She just has a blank, smiling expression that you'd assume that she was thinking something, but it was just so scary that it should be in a horror movie.

"I don't know what you're talking about" complained Rainbow Dash. "Don't you want to go back to your world.

"Now hold on Rainbow Dash" interrupted Applejack. " 'Things are going easy like. A bit too easy."

"What!?"

Twilight concurred with Applejack and explains: "I think Applejack and Hate it right. I don't think the map would tell us that this is our problem if we could solve it so easily. Usually, the map would guide us to a friendship problem. You don't have problem with your friends, do you Hate?"

"No! Of course not" I replied. "I love my friends and I don't think there is anything wrong between us. We talk about stuff we like, go out drinking and we do favours for each other. Yeah, we sometimes fight, but doesn't everybody at one point?"

I tried my best not to smile as I had successfully made everyone stumped. They were second guessing, no longer sure on what they need to do. If my mouth curve just a little, then the jig is up. Fortunately, I was either really good hiding at hiding my true expression or everyone was too deep in their own thoughts. To hammer in the last nail, I asked out loud to everyone:

"Is this really the portal to my world?"

The room was rendered silent. Eventually, Twilight stated: "I think I should go and see if everything goes ok?"

"What! Why do you always have to go?" complained Rainbow Dash. "At least take us along this time."

"This would only take a minute. Five at most" rebutted Twilight as she levitate Sunset's Shimmer's book onto the mantel. It was actually hidden among the books that was on the bookshelf. It was actually quite brilliant.

Once the book was on the magic synthesising stand, the machine behind the mirror kick started and the portal is ready to go through. Me and Twilight stood up against the portal and look into the spiralling space between dimensions. Spinning so much that it certainly gives me a headache. I quickly look behind me and check how the others were doing. While Rainbow Dash was sulking by the side, everyone else were looking tense, unsure how things will turn out. Even I got to admit to myself that I am a little bit scared. I also haven't forgotten that I haven't completely convince them yet. I just hope I can spot the main difference once I am on the other side.

However, once I made more one small step into the portal, it suddenly yanks me. Before I knew, I was stumbling around a vortex of colours like I was in a tornado. Thankfully, as I was I being hit with a full case of nausea, the portal finally spits me out onto the other side. But as I was glad the little spiral trip was over and was resting on top of the concrete ground, the portal also spits out Twilight and landed right on top of me. When Twilight saw that I cushioned her fall, she quickly got off of me and apologizes.

"Sorry Hate."

"No problem" I replied, feeling the experience on what it would be like if I have a broken back.

Twilight then helped me off the ground. Even though I didn't asked for it, it was much appreciated. My legs felt like jelly and the blazing sun was getting into my eye. But then, as I block the sun rays with my hand, I discovered... I HAD HANDS!
Emotions surging through me as I could not begin to describe how happy I was to have hands again. As I was flexing fingers in front my very eyes, it felt like I got the present which I wanted most for Christmas. I then notice my legs and I only have two again. I thought it would feel weird standing on two feet again, but no. It feels like pulling on your old pyjamas and they as comfy as ever. After spending 24+ hours in a pony's body, I was bursting into tears as I was feeling normal body once again.

Thinking I was being overloaded by joy and happiness, Twilight checks to see if I was alright. "Are you all right?" she curiously asks.

Noticing on how unmanly I was being, I rip the tears away from my tears and embarrassingly reply: "Yeah... I'm all right."

Once I got my emotions in check, I took a second to see everything that was around me. Seeing Canterlot High (in person) for the first time left me reminding myself that it was a school and I shouldn't be at awe by it. One other thing that stands out besides the school and the horse statue was... me. Standing side by side, me and Twilight notice how tall I was compare to her. I wasn't tree size tall compare to her, but it sort of shows off the size difference.
But one thing that I thankfully spotted before Twilight could notice was what's on my back. After a quick glance at the reflection of the statue's mirror, I realize that my cutie mark had followed me through the portal. I was wearing a white leather jacket with a giant anti-brony symbol plastered on the back. If Twilight spots that, she will be asking a lot of questions. It was within my best efforts that I have my back facing away of Twilight and could not see what's behind me. And luckily, she didn't suspect a thing.

But then, after we had our look, Twilight says to me: "Well Hate... I guess we made it back to your home. Right?"

It was then that I thought: "Oh Snap!" The problem of me proving this isn't my world has returned and now was the time for me to give my answer... which I didn't have yet. There was still uncertainty in Twilight's voice, but she was still asking me an important question. Without any clear answer and my head was going into a panic, I could only give vague answers.

"I don't know?" I hesitantly replied. "Something... Something..."

"Something... ?"

"Something... doesn't isn't feels quite right."

"What do you mean?" Twilight ask curiously.

Stumbling for a right answer, I vaguely reply: "It just that... I... I can't put my finger on it, but something just feels different. You know?"

Although I still got Twilight's attention and sympathy, I still wasn't convincing her of anything. She just look at me and was confused on what I mean, but I still couldn't say what the difference it.

But then, as I was straining my brain, I began hearing something. And before I knew it, a stream of students appeared from behind the statue and was making their way towards the main building. They all must be heading for school, but if that was the case, I wonder what time it is. Some notice us, but none of them stop to chat. They just look happy when they saw Twilight and was curious about the guy she was with (I.E: me). It gave me a bit of an distraction, but it was also distracting me a little bit.

And then, as if the heavens were feeling sorry for me and decided to give me a hint, I overheard couple of girls talking that gave me "Eureka Moment" that I needed.

"Hey, what do you think of the outfit that I got for you?" asked one fashionista girl to her friend.

"I don't know?" the friend regretfully replies. "I don't think it's right for me."

"What! I thought you like outfits made by Hoity Toity?"

"I Do! But... It doesn't really matches my skin."

"Oh Right! Sorry."

Once the girls left, something that they said was stirring up a brain storm within my head. "Skin... Skin... Skin." I was repeating the word: "Skin" over and over again in my head, like it was some kind of mantra. And then it he, I finally discover the difference which can separated this word from mine: the skin colour. In this world, everyone has wacky skin colours which you would see in “Doug”. But in my world, no one’s skin colour is blue, purple or pink. It was such an obvious difference that I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t spotted it earlier. But wait… I could tell the skin is different, but does Twilight can see the same thing as me?

Once the last remaining students left us and entered the building, I hesitantly ask Twilight: “Twilight… can you tell me those people’s skin colour?”

“What!” Twilight responded.

“I want to check to see if you see what I saw. Did you see everyone’s skin colour?”

Twilight had no idea on what I was leading to, but she answered as best as I could. “I… I think I saw blue… green… maybe even brown? What are you on about Hate?”

Once I heard Twilight’s answer, I completely lost control of myself as I yelled “YES!!!” at the top of my longs. I then pulled in a frighten Twilight and I loudly say to her: “I Finally Discover The Difference!”

“What!” Twilight responded in confusion.

I realize I was being excited over something that I shouldn’t, but I couldn’t help myself. I explain to her:

“In my world, no one’s skin colour is like that. We don’t have pink or green, we only have like two skin colours: white or brown.”

Surprised, Twilight asked: “Really!” And even after I nodded, she was still in disbelief. “Really” she asked again with her arms cross.

“I’m Serious!” I replied.

Twilight looks absolutely stumped. I bet she never heard such a thing existed. But unexpectedly, I heard her thought out loud: “Fascinating.” I don’t know if you would call that fascinating, but it was a clear sign that she had believed me.

Depressingly, Twilight enquires: “So… I guess we didn’t make it to your home after all?”

It was then that I remembered that I was surprised to be disappointed. I didn’t know what I should say, but I scratch my head and tried to look as sad as I could be. But on the inside, I’m just really, really, REALLY glad that I managed to solve my problem. Now the only problem I have left really is to get back home… my real home.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment