• Published 10th May 2012
  • 2,008 Views, 45 Comments

Leapling day - Feefers



Leapling day happens once in a great whilst and bring changes for everypony

  • ...
3
 45
 2,008

1


Twilight’s Tree Library


"Twilight! What happened to your horn?!" Spike asked in shock.
"Oh Spike don't panic;" Twilight stopped realising Spike probably had never been told about this.

"It's just leapling day," Twilight explained; as if this would clear up everything to Spike.
"Leapling day huh? What's that? Where everypony jumps about lots?" Spike snidely grinned.
"Not quite, it happens once in a great while, it affects everypony in Equestria!" Twilight looked towards Spike her wings splaying out for emphasis.

Spike shuffled closer to her outstretched wings they were darker than the rest of her, now he was really close to Twilight he noticed there was some other differences; She was taller, more slender and her muscles looked more bulky than usual.
She curled the wingtips down before folding them in neatly against her body.

"So, I guess you need me to open this for you then?" Spike asked holding up the letter.
Twilight nodded, "I could try with these, but if it's from Princess Luna then it could be urgent."
Spike carefully popped the seal off, quickly glancing at the contents, "Should I read it in the Royal Canterlot voice?"
Twilight rolled her eyes and shook her head.
"I'm gonna anyway!" Spike teased before starting, "MY SISTER'S MOST FAITHFUL STUDENT TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" Spike paused resuming his normal voice, "I must apologise for the arrival of this letter in this form; but I was unsure if Spike would be affected by Leapling day. As I am sure you are aware, Princess Celestia and myself are also affected. However my sister has ran off to find somepony to raise the sun. I will be unable to find her as I am."
Spike looked for more text; but the letter just finished.
"Uh .. that's all there is Twilight," Spike said, even turning it over and upside down to double check, "That doesn't sound so bad Princess Celestia should be allowed to enjoy herself sometimes, right?"

Twilight nodded but the realisation of the terrible news she had heard sunk in, "Spike... Unless we find Princess Celestia, Leapling day will last forever!"
Spike gulped not liking the sound of that one bit.


Sweet Apple Acres


“Heeeeeeeey Sis!” Apple Bloom giggled, levitating herself off the ground; a cool aura of light green eminating from her small stubby horn.

“Now Apple Bloom, Don’t be using up all yer leapling day magic at once!” Applejack warned whilst Apple Bloom slowly floated the ground.
“You don’t get another chance to be a unicorn for a good long time; so try enjoy it whilst you can,” the older sister warned.
“Eyup!” Big Macintosh commented, trotting in struggling significantly with a much more fancy longer horn than the two girls.
“Why I do say big mac, you look quite delightful!” Applejack teased her older brother .
“Looking pritty good yourself there AJ, I like the hat.” Big Macintosh retorted, Applejack had resorted to finding one of her older smaller hats and making a hole in it for her horn.
“Mail’s here!” Granny Smith suddenly cried from somewhere out of sight up-stairs.

“Oh oh oh! Can i get it please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeease?” Apple Bloom asked trotting around anxiously.
“Sure thing kiddo.” Big Macintosh replied, a soft red cone of magic clumsily pouring some oats into a bowl on the table.

“Happy Dinky-Derp day Miss Jack!” Derpy grinned widely as Apple Bloom opened the door.
Apple Bloom felt suddenly nervous, the mailmare opened her bag and a magical grey nimbus of energy floated a small envelope in the air towards the filly.
“I got it! I got it!!” She proclaimed excitedly, the light green aura from her horn extending around the mail as she scrunched up her face; focusing all her attention on this task. She could feel the magical energy as part of her like, raising up a hoof and simply needing to grasp the letter.
“Have a great Dinky-Derp day Miss Jack!” Derpy smiled, heading off back on her mail route.

“Am doing it Applejack!” Apple Bloom exclaimed happily, the small piece of mail floating delicately in the air; supported only by the light green magical energy which suddenly cut off. The letters dropping onto the table surface only just avoding some spilled oats.
“That was mighty good sugar!” Applejack praised, she concentrated herself; a darker green magical energy lifting up the envelope.
“I can do this!” Applejack shouted, focusing totally on the envelope only for it to burst into flames!
“Oh horseapples!” Applejack exclaimed, Big Macintosh blowing the flames out in a single large pff.
“Apple Bloom you made it look so easy, "Applejack said, looking to her younger sister.
Apple Bloom flustered, “It’s not so hard, I think you just gotta relax sis.”


Fluttershy’s tree


“O...o..my A...angel?” Fluttershy meekly cried out, there was yet another knock at the door from the mailmare.
The ever brave and reliable bunny companion of Fluttershy rolled his eyes; hopping up to the door and jumping up onto the handle to open it.
“Happy … … Miss Fluttershy?” Derpy asked confused at the mysterious door opening.
“I’m not in!” Fluttershy quitely yelped, summoning all her courage to break the silence.
“Okay Miss Fluttershy i’ll come back later with your parcel than!” Derpy replied, starting to walk off already.

“D..d..d.id she go yet Angel?” Fluttershy said cautiously, peeking her head out.
Angel took a little run up before body slamming the door to get it to close, noding proudly of his achievement.
Fluttershy let out a quiet whimper, “O...okay let’s … just stay in a bit longer.”
Angel shrugged in frustration, hopping up onto Fluttershy’s back to nestle into her soft wings, only to slide off and land on the floor.
Fluttershy’s wings, were missing.


Rarity’s Boutique


“You simply must not fuss Rainbow Dash, you know this happens every so often;” Rarity impatiently glared towards the surprisingly bashful Rainbow Dash.
“Easy for you to say, you don’t have to be an Earth pony this time round,” Rainbow Dash snorted, shivering a little as Rarity worked a strange contraption on to her back.
“Well it’s just a good thing you came to me yesterday to get these done, I would be no use at all with these clumsy things...” Rarity allowed the soft light almost gossamer wings; which she had taken extensive time to colour and dye to resemble beautiful butterfly wings, to unfurl with a soft puff of light down and dye filling the air.

Rainbow Dash was not impressed at all with her friend’s attitude.
“CLUMSY THINGS?!” Rainbow Dash shouted looking at her friend’s wings, “These are NOTHING like the wings Twilight gave you! These might be only for a day, but they are precision instrument of power and accuracy, perhaps if you did more than just preen them, you could be...” Rainbow Dash stopped herself mid-outburst.
“... As good as me.” She sighed, Rarity finishing strapping the strange device onto her friend.
“I understand, Leapling day can be hard. I simply can’t imagine how terrible it must be, to have the freedom of the sky one moment and then be land bound the next.”
Rainbow Dash took a tentative step forwards, large sheets of soft silk billowed out mechanically.
She sighed a little whilst there was a soft whir of activity, artificial wings in a myriad of colour sheets stretched out from her body.

“I think you went a bit over the top with the colours, my wings don’t look like this.” Rainbow Dash ground her hoof against the floor, a little powder of dust emerged from her powerful new Earth pony hooves. only to be distracted by a knock at the door.

“Let me just get that,” Rarity said looking to Rainbow Dash, delicately trotting across to answer the door.
“Happy Dinky-Derp day Miss Rarity!” The familiar voice of the mail mare came.
“Oh hello!” Rarity replied as Derpy dug out a bit of cloth, floating it across to the elegant now pegasus pony.
“This is superb, such a light fabric!” She declared happily, looking to Derpy as it dropped on the floor.
“Of course;” Rarity gritted her teeth , “No horn.”
She unfurled her wings and managed to use the light feathers to slide the fabric up into them, then as she trotted across to Rainbow Dash ignoring the poor mare mail; as Derpy trotted off happily to deliver more mail.
“You know Rainbow... This fabric gives me an idea.” Rarity said looking to the confused Rainbow Dash.


Sugarcube Corner


“Wheeeeeeere’s PINKIE PIE?!” Pinkie Pie giggled, a pink nimbus of energy pulled a pair of curtains away; revealing her to the two cake children.
“HERE I AM!” She giggled loudly, almost falling over as she suddenly blinked out of existence in a soft pink light, only to re-appear behind the colt and filly.
The pound children span around clapping their hooves together, happily giggling and falling over as well in excitement.

“How are you all getting on?” Mrs Cake trotted in with a tray of two bottles, they were surrounded by a bright pink field of magic energy as Mrs Cake set it down, levitating the bottles into the two hungry mouths of Pumpkin and Pound Cake.

“Thanks for letting me come look after them again!” Pinkie Pie giggled, making silly faces even whilst the cake children were paying no attention at all and drinking milk.
“Well Pound cake became an earth pony, Pumpkin became a pegasus and we all became unicorns, so i’m going to go see how Twilight is getting on being a pegasus as well, i’ll be back later!” Pinkie Announced vanishing again in a soft pink light.


Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse


Scootaloo tiphoofed carefully up to the clubhouse ;looking nervously in the building before taking a deep breath.
“Apple Bloom? Sweetie Belle? You guys around?" She shouted into the building.
A light wind brushed through the small glade where the Clubhouse stood rustling the leaves in the trees, but there was no answer from inside.

“You guys in here?” Scootaloo asked as she stuck her head into the clubhouse ,looking around inside and huffing a bit.
“Thought we were gonna meet up for leapling day, show off how awesome being another kind of pony was.” She complained to her Rainbow Dash poster on the wall.
Kicking a loose bit of stone in anger, she frowned looking at her smooth wingless back, “Mebbe I can go see Rainbow Dash. See how she is coping with it.”


Twilight’s Tree Library


“Twiiiiiiiilight?” Pinkie Pie called out, looking up for a potentially flying pegasus pony.
She reached the door just as Spike opened it with a sigh.
“Hey Pinkie, perhaps you can help her?” He said, looking behind him to an exasperated Twilight who was still trying to make minute adjustments to her telescope, using her wings; each time she nudged the telescope it spun off wildly in the other direction.

“Oh Pinkie Pie I’m so glad to see you,” Twilight let her wings flop to the floor before folding them back, “You have to help me!”
Pinkie Pie looked to the telescope and nodded, trotting up to it and placing a hoof carefully on it; pointing it in the direction Twilight needed.

“Oh... of course, I don’t need to use my wings....” Twilight said bashfully looking out along the telescope.
“I’ve been trying to tell you that for about an hour...” Spike complained.
Twilight ignored him, using the telescope to look up towards Canterlot castle.
“Well I see Princess Luna...” Twilight announced as she peered into the telescope, seeing Princess Luna looking back towards the tree library, through a telescope.
“Pinkie ... how long will it take me to fly to Canterlot?” Twilight asked, looking away from the telescope to Pinkie Pie.

“Oh ... uh... I dunno! We could ask Rainbow Dash, she flies a lot,” Pinkie Pie suggested, “Here come on!”
Pinkie Pie grabbed Twilights hoof as there was a build-up of magic around them both, a soft pink hue surrounding them as they both vanished into nothingness.