• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 1,547 Views, 22 Comments

The Dark Truth of the Apple Family - Blondlionezel



What dark secrets infest the Apple Family?

  • ...
8
 22
 1,547

The Dark Truth of the Apple Family

The Dark Truth of the Apple Family

Twilight Sparkle was having a rather boring day. There were no friendship problems, no ancient centaurs causing trouble, and there were no dragons causing a rampage. Though it felt very quiet, it actually was pounding rain outside.

“GAH!” Twilight Sparkle exclaimed in pure boredom. She then heard a knock on door. Feeling a rush of excitement, Twilight Sparkle opened the door. Outside, Applejack was waiting for her.

“Good afternoon, Twilight!” Applejack greeted her friend Twilight Sparkle.

“Applejack, what a pleasant surprise!” Twilight Sparkle welcomed Applejack, “What brings you here today?”

“Well... um...” Applejack answered as as pulled out a diary. It had a white cover, and it was bound by cheap, grey strings. The front read “The Diary of Apple Strong and Granny Smith”. Twilight Sparkle had heard the name Apple Strong before, and he lived a while ago, even before Granny Smith was even a twinkle in her parents eye.

“Let me guess, you want me to translate them to you?” Twilight Sparkle sarcastically asked Applejack. Applejack simply nodded.

“It’s in a strange, code-like language I don’t know...” Applejack told Twilight Sparkle as she entered her home. She handed Twilight Sparkle the diary, as she began to look through it. Applejack really was being honest, as the diary was written in a very cryptic language.

“I think I can translate this...” Twilight Sparkle stated, as she looked through the book. The first entry read:

March 10th, 1850

Our new daughter named Applesauce was born today. She has my wifes eyes and my own fur. We’re very happy that she has successfully come into the world. The last time my wife gave birth, it was a stillbirth.

“That’s terrible...” Applejack thought out loud.

“Shall we continue?” Twilight Sparkle asked Applejack. Applejack simply nodded. Twilight Sparkle continued to read:

June 20, 1859

Applesauce has been going through school for and is now in 4th grade. Today, a pegasus asked if she could be friends with her. I became furious, the Apple Family doesn’t make friends with Pegasi! I sent Applesauce to room without supper. She kicked and screamed the whole way, but this was the only way she could stay a pure apple.

“Was the Apple Family this...racist?” Twilight Sparkle questioned Applejack.

“I actually never knew they were...” Applejack responded softly. She has thought about it for a minute. Even in her other friends families, there were Earth Ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns, and even Alicorns in their family trees. Applejack was the only one who didn’t.

“May I keep reading?” Twilight Sparkled asked Applejack. She nodded. Twilight Sparkle kept reading:

August 4th, 1867

Applesauce is at that stage of life when she acts rebellious. She told me that she loves the same pegasus, I believe he is named Storm Kick. I forbade her from dating that pegasi, though she would have none of it. I slapped her across the face. She cried as she ran out of the house. I don’t care if she doesn’t came back. I just want to keep us pure.

December 24th, 1885

I’ve heard the terrible news. My only daughter, Applesauce, has given birth to a pegasus. Apparently, she had married Storm Kick in secret. I’ve decided that this has gone on long enough. I’m putting a stop to this. I gathered a group of my closest family, two of my cousins and three of my brothers. We knew what had to be done. We lynched Storm Kick on a apple tree, and the slew the bastard child.

Applejack and Twilight Sparkle gasped in terror. They never thought that anypony would be capable of committing such a hateful, heinous act such as this. Twilight Sparkle gulped as she continued to read:

November 3rd, 1886

My wife has given birth to twins. Sadly, one was a unicorn, so we had to dispose of it immediately. After all, we can’t have impurity in this family. I asked my wife why one of our kids was a unicorn, but she didn’t know why. Oh well. At least we still have one pure son. We’ve named him Apple Burn.

“That monster...” Applejack was beside herself with contempt for Apple Strong, Twilight Sparkle could see it in her eyes.

January 5th, 1920

I’m currently on my deathbed right now. I plan on passing my diary to my newborn granddaughter, named Granny Smith. She looks amazing, and I’m sure she will find a pure, Earth Pony mate someday. My only fear is that she will dilute the Apple Family by making friends with other non-Earth Ponies.

“How awful...” Twilight Sparkle thought to herself, “I hope that Granny Smith was never like that...”

Applejack looked at the next page. It was no longer written in the strange text, but now in something that ponies could understand better:

March 10th, 1950

To anyone who reads this, my name is Granny Smith. I’m 30 years old at this time. I want to write in this book to show that I will never be like my grandfather, Apple Strong. I want my newborn son to live in a world of diversity, and not one of prejudice and hatred, as my relatives used to. My son should marry out of love, and not out of some old, ignorant tradition. I want to atone for my families sins.

November 6th, 1980

My grandson, now named Big Macintosh, has been born. I’m happy to say that my son has happily married a unicorn. I’m glad that my son has finally broken tradition, and is now living happily with his new wife and child.

July 17th, 1988

My new granddaughter, named Applejack, has been born. She has the sweetest little smile, and she has my eyes.

October 24th, 1993

Something terrible has happened! After my dearest sister-in law gave birth to her third child, Applebloom, the hospital was set on fire. Only the three children were saved. I don’t know who lit the fire but I do have some idea. Outside, my son his wife were hung on a tree. I must raise my three children, and keep them safe from the evils of prejudice and hate.

Applejack was stunned. She had never knew her parents were lynched by some hateful members of the Apple Family. She sat up and began to walk out.

“Where are you going?” Twilight Sparkle asked Applejack.

“I’m going to give my Granny a hug” Applejack stated, as she walked out the front door.

Comments ( 22 )

Awwwwww.... Poor applejack....

you should continue this fic.

I hope she goes on a rip roaring ride of revenge.
Like Granny fingers (hoofs?) the culprits at a Apple family get together and and everything goes all Godfather from that point on.

Edit: Or
Conversely, she IS the element of honestly. Have her do the Wonder Woman route and force a confession out of the bastards and then they get punished by a pissed off Celestia/Luna. Something terrible :pinkiecrazy:

Interesting, I would like to see where this is going.

Says oneshot but yet says incomplete? hmmmmmmm.........

5734325 Sorry! I'll change that right now

5734348 That happens sometimes :twilightblush:

Plz new chapter where we get some, sweet, sweet revenge, or a sequel, either work

5734545 I might. I have lots of other things I'm working on.

5734016
This... this is a very good idea. Mind if I borrow it?

Wow that history was very shocking

This story is really amazing, simple, but amazing. Your writing could use a little work, but all in all this shows clear talent in writing!

Excellent work! Here, have a duck-shaped marshmallow! :duck:

5735501
Hell no I don't mind. I can't write for shit. If you do make it link it to me though, I'd want to read it. :twilightsheepish:

I find that hard to believe.

Not the notions of racism, mind. Rather, the idea that Apple Strong got away with this.

Seriously? Lynch a pegasus and nothing happens? I don`t buy it. Other pegasi would`ve burned the farm to the ground there and then.

5736416
Thanks! I'll get working on that... :raritywink:

Hi! I really liked your story and I ended up doing a reading of it on my new YouTube channel so feel free to check it out ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCjoPIKUSMY

And I gave you credit, so don't worry!

Omg,this is really deep

6187857 of course it's a really good story,its so deep though

Damn, this was deep. It was really good, too! I really enjoyed this short story :heart:
Please make more of these! :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment