• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,536 Views, 44 Comments

Come Back Dashie - The Mechanical Artist



Pinkie struggles to deal with loss when Rainbow Dash is hospitalized and falls into a coma.

  • ...
5
 44
 1,536

A Step in the Wrong Direction

Something slashed through the streets of Ponyville, something in an ungodly hurry. Just a pink blur zipping off to where ever pink blurs go, when they go. It could have been a pony. It could've been a bottle of mustard for all the pedestrians cared. Still, it did manage to break the flow of things in the way that it seems, only pink blurs can.

But the Pink blur knew exactly where it was going. And it knew exactly why it was going. And the pink blur knew exactly why Rainbow Dash was dying. And the pink blur was having a nervous breakdown. It was going to be a pink blur kind of day. But who cared? There were muffins to eat.

* * *

The lobby was bustling with energy as the hysterical Pinkie Pie burst through the doors and pushed her way to the front desk as fast as a pink blur. She managed to get something coherent out about her friend and a crash before breaking into waves of heaving tears. Ponies were contacted, strings were pulled, and half an hour later Pinkie found herself in room 4014. Crying her eyes out as silently as she could.

She watched, biting her lip as hard as she could, as she slowly watched as Dash lay, silently, perfectly preserved in the deep fabric of comatose sleep.

"Pinkie. I'm so very sorry. I don't think she's ever going to wake up." Whispered Cross.

Pinkies heart stopped. Those words. She pictured them in her mind, biting and clawing at her lungs. She tried to say something, anything.

"N-n... no." She managed to push up from her bleeding soul.

"N-nn no she c-c-cant... die?" And with that she lost all control.

The room, the monotonous beeps, her friend dying of life. It was closing in on her. Her emotions had slain her upper functions and were fighting to take control of her. It didn't take much to win.

She collapsed, falling straight down onto the cold floor. Her life swirling in around her, stabbing her in the chest. Pain splitting outward from there on. She lay there weeping for what seemed like an eternity and a half. Alone with her dying heart.

"Pinkie" Cross murmured.

It didn't register. Millions of questions swirled around her, all of them for no one.

"Pinkie" Someone was calling her. She felt something touch her. Cross was sitting next to her. One leg on her shoulder. Theres someone here you should talk to.

She looked up. "What, what are you talking about. She gasped between heaving breaths.

She followed Crosses eyes and saw he was gesturing at Dash.

"It's quite possible, although not scientifically proven, that she still may be able to hear you. Tell her what you want her to know. It may not be to late."

Pinkie gaped at him. "W-why? That's horrible."

"It may be your last chance. Take it for what it is. Try to consider it a gift."

She blinked the tears out of her eyes. "Okay, I-I'll try to."

She pushed herself slowly to her hooves. Pinkie swayed dangerously. Just looking at her, so still, so lifeless. It was unnatural. She couldn't see how somepony so full of life, could be so lifeless. She slowly approached the bed.

She was sleeping that was all. That was enough. She was sleeping, and like all sleepers, she would eventually wake.

That lie was enough to keep her going.

She could hear the telltale clip-clop of hooves as Cross left the room and closed the door.

She took a deep breath and began.

"Dash? Well, if you're in there, I-. I just want you to know that I miss you and, and..." She stuttered trying to hold her emotions down. She leaned over and whispered softly in her ear. "That I love you..."


* * *

"Pinkie? Could you come over here a second?"

Cross was calling to her as she exited the room.

"Yeah, I was just on my way out. What is it?" She asked moving over to him.

"Well, I hate to ask you this, but you wouldn't happen to know of any documentation related to the incident would you?"

Pinkie stared at him blankly. "No, but I guess I could look for it."

"Thats not necessary, I would hate to trouble you right now..."

"No its fine" She interrupted. "It'll keep me busy."

Cross opened his mouth as if to say something but stopped. "Yes, of course. Thank you. Oh and Pinkie?" He said as she turned to leave. "I'm very sorry for your loss"

She gave him a weak smile and nodded. "Thanks." she said and left the hospital.

Author's Note:

Weeeeiiird right?