• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,536 Views, 44 Comments

Come Back Dashie - The Mechanical Artist



Pinkie struggles to deal with loss when Rainbow Dash is hospitalized and falls into a coma.

  • ...
5
 44
 1,536

Yes, I Love Her

Pinkie sat quietly in the hospital waiting room staring down at her hooves. It had been a complete disaster. Why did everything she do always have to boil down to some form of hideous mistake? She had been so excited to finally have some quality bonding time with Rainbow Dash by herself when she had invited her to the picnic, and of course, she had to have chosen that time to get into such a mess. But you couldn't really blame her for what had happened. From what it looked like, she had passed out mid-flight. And to think, this whole episode happened all because of one stupid sonic rainboom. Honestly, it was less Rainbow's fault than her own. She had been the one to ask her for a demonstration of the incredible feat, and now, here they were. Admittedly it hadn't really been bonding time she had been so desperately hoping for, even though she still had trouble getting herself to believe it, she wanted to see some affection from her. Yes, Pinkie was attached to her friend more than just as a fellow element of harmony.

Ever since she had stood up to Gilda for her, it had just sort of built up over time. Pinkie just couldn't get enough of her boisterous personality and her adorably pathetic jokes. Even her vanity had its own type of appeal. Dash was like a drug. Pinkie couldn't deny it. She was hopelessly in love with Rainbow Dash, and It was clear as day that it wasn't her fault that little Dashie was so damn irresistible. Especially when she flew. Pinkie couldn't help but watch every inch of every move she pulled in her graceful ballad of speed, strength, and agility, all the while keeping her ignorant beauty proudly displayed for anypony to see. She sighed at the thought of being so close to finally telling her how she felt, if only it wasn't too late. But no, she didn't deserve Rainbow Dash after what had happened. This was her own fault, and she had to take the blame.

"Are you okay Pinkie?" Twilight's voice asked, snapping her back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Just a little daydreamy. Di'jya want something?" She said, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Yeah, Rarity and I were going to go get some coffee and talk this over, do you want to come?" She asked.

Pinkie sighed. fun as that sounded, she felt it was wrong for her to abandon her friend when she had pulled her so far into this herself. Plus she didn't really feel up to it.

"Nah, Im gonna wait and see what the verdict is." She replied with regret in her heart.

"Okay, well, give us a call if anything happens." And with that, Twilight turned and left.

Pinkie slid farther down into the uncomfortable chair. "Give us a call" She thought bitterly to herself. "Not like you could wait with me or anything, can't anyone tell I'm practically dying in here? She looked at the clock. Two hours, It had been nearly two hours since they had walked, or rather teleported, in. What was she coming too? Twilight had waited silently with her for nearly two whole hours and all she could do was complain. Why was she being so selfish?

"Nothing else new" She muttered and closed her eyes thinking about how well the day should have gone.

"Stupid sonic rainboom"