• Published 8th May 2012
  • 7,968 Views, 1,390 Comments

Antecedent - Anonymous Pegasus



Raindrop needs to reunite the Elements of Harmony to cure herself of her affliction. But the journey will become so much than the destination.

  • ...
26
 1,390
 7,968

Disloyal

Luna deftly caught the letter in an outstretched hoof as the air in front of her flared green, and the rolled paper fell from mid-air suddenly.

Unrolling the paper, Luna found that the entire situation at Canterlot had been resolved, as was evidenced by Celestia’s neat hoofwriting, and the single keyword they had decided upon ‘banana’.

Luna was quite happy with this turn of events, as she had spent the better part of the day searching for the escaped Stardancer, and trying to convince the completely uncaring Doctor to come out of his practise and help.

Luna carefully rolled up the letter, and then reduced it to ash with a simple touch of her magic. The princess shot one last dirty look back over her shoulder at the practise, before bounding away towards the Ponyville Asylum, to see if they had found Stardancer yet. She had been missing for the better part of a day, and her most recent dose of medicine would have worn off hours ago.


Wisp bounced in place, trying to see over the banister and down to the stairs where Princess Celestia was ascending the steps with chitin in tow.

“Princess Celestia!” Wisp squeaked.

Celestia looked up as she climbed the staircase. “Ah, Wisp.”

Wisp bounced in place happily, and then sped around the banister to meet the princess and queen at the top of the stairs. “I uhm... I’m not sure where to go! My home was in the desert across the ocean and my airship got blown up so I can’t stay there and I don’t have any money to get an inn and I don’t know if ponies here would let me do work for a room for the night and even then that doesn’t exactly answer the question of food and I suck at foraging in anything that isn’t the des-”

Celestia cut Wisp off with a raised hoof. “You are welcome to stay in the castle, Wisp. Or if you wish, I can pay your board at the local inn.”

“You would do that for me?” Wisp squeaked, head tilting to the side and ears pricking upwards.

“Indeed, little griffon. It is my fault that you were displaced from your home. I seem to owe you an airship, too,” Celestia said with a gentle nod.

Wisp’s eyes widened, and she bounced in place excitedly. “Ohhhh! I would love another airship to work on! But it must have broken bits I can fit!”

Celestia nodded gently. “But if I am to do all this for you... I must ask something of you in return.”

Wisp’s ears pinned back at that, and her head lowered. “I... I guess that’s fair.”

“There is a door you must open for me. The door is locked, and I have lost the key. I must remove the door so I place a new one there,” Celestia said with a slowly growing smile.

Wisp’s eyes widened, and she gasped. “I... I have just the thing!” the young griffon squeaked, bouncing in place rapidly in excitedness. “I’ll go get it!”

Celestia just smiled as Wisp shot off towards the temporary room she had been given to collect her things.

Chitin just raised a brow. “So... bouncy.”

“She’s cute,” Celestia stated, waving a hoof.

“Cute and very, very annoying,” Chitin corrected.

“Come, we have much to discuss,” Celestia said, motioning for the queen to follow as she continued towards the Hall of Elements.


“It’s... it’s gone,” Stardancer whispered, staring wide-eyed up at the orderly.

The unicorn had been moved when she was unconscious, and was in a hospital bed in the Canterlot hospital with machines monitoring her vitals. Two orderlies were in her room, as though they could somehow stop her escape attempts if she wished to leave.

“It’s a new serum,” one of the orderlies explained, checking the readings on the machines. “It was developed from an artificial isotope that blocks magic. Same one we use to keep the unicorn’s from doing their magic. Of course, what we put in you was a stronger dose.”

“You don’t understand!” Stardancer exclaimed, rolling herself out of the bed and wiggling her hoof at the air. She tossed her mane, and then grasps a few strands of the black hairs in her muzzle, tugging them free and then tossing them onto the ground, watching them with wide eyes. “I can think again! I can observe without knowing!”

“Very interesting,” the orderly said in in a tone that conveyed the complete opposite.

Stardancer jumped in place a few times, grinning from ear to ear and then pouncing on the orderly, squeezing him in a hug. “You simply must get me more of this serum!”

“It’s expensive to produce,” the orderly stated, wincing slightly at the squeeze and taking a step away from the unicorn. “From what the doctor said, you’ll only be able to get a single dose a week.”

“A week?!” Stardancer asked, aghast. “That is unacceptable!”

“Well unless you want to produce it yourself...”

“I will do just that!” Stardancer protested, snorting once and then staggering slightly. With a huff, she stepped over to the bed, and pulled herself back up onto it. “I am going to rest now,” she stated haughtily. She didn’t want the orderlies to know, but she was tired. Years of sitting in a small room and watching the dust interact with itself had greatly reduced her muscle mass.

The orderlies just looked at her, and then turned away, already planning on playing cards once she was asleep.

“We’ve arranged transport for you,” one of them said, “Should be here by tonight. You’ve got a review booked for tomorrow afternoon to see how this new medicine affects you.”

“Whatever,” Stardancer said noncommittally, yawning heavily and then just laying her head on her forehooves. For the first time, she felt normal. And she was too tired to even enjoy it.


Raindrop sighed and stretched out against the edge of the tub, rubbing a hoof against her cheek. “Ugh, I wish I was a unicorn.”

“Why would you want a horn?” Sentinel asked lazily, draping a hoof over her.

“The water’s getting cold,” Raindrop whined, wrinkling her nose. “And I don’t wanna get out.”

“Well you’re the changeling. Give yourself a horn,” Sentinel suggested, wrapping his hooves around her properly and drawing her close to him.

“Y’know, if I was sure it wouldn’t kill me, I’d give it a try,” Raindrop said with a nod.

“But then you’d be an alicorn,” Sentinel pointed out.

“Changeling are alicorns!” Raindrop protested, huffing and nuzzling against Sentinel’s cheek.

“Alicorns are overrated,” Sentinel said with a wry grin.

“Says the one who works for an alicorn,” Raindrop said with a roll of her eyes.

Sentinel shrugged, “Unicorns used to raise the moon and sun before the princesses came along.”

“But alicorns do it by themselves. Ergo, alicorns are awesome,” Raindrop said with a sage nod.

“Why are we even arguing about this?” Sentinel queried.

“We don’t have anything else to argue about and arguing is our default state,” Raindrop explained matter-of-factly.

Sentinel gave a nod and an ‘ahhh’ at that, resting his nose against her cheek. “We should go out and do something fun.”

“I can think of a lot of fun things we can do right here,” Raindrop said in a definitely sultry tone.

Sentinel grinned, bopping her on the nose with a hoof. “I can, too. But we can do that whenever. It’s not often we’ll get an entire afternoon to ourselves. No doubt something will happen at the palace tomorrow and we’ll be called in to deal with changelings or something.”

“You’re probably right,” Raindrop said, heaving a sigh and shaking her head, before she crawled out of the tub and tugged a towel down over top of herself.

Sentinel pulled himself out of the tub after her, pulling out the plug to let the water drain, and then beginning to scrub the towel across the mare’s wings and back, to help dry her.

“Your cutie mark changed,” Raindrop said suddenly.

“Oh... that, right,” Sentinel said with a single blink, his cheeks warming. “I uhh... well, I got Celestia to remove her enchantment. The one that lets me sense changelings.”

Raindrop stared at him for a long moment, pursing her lips. “Why did you do this?”

“So that Chitin could use her magic on me. Somepony was going to have to get it turned off so that Chitin could properly work her magic. I was just the... uh, first volunteer,” Sentinel said with an attempt at a smile.

“And she couldn’t turn it back on?” Raindrop asked flatly.

“Funny thing that,” Sentinel said awkwardly, giving a strained smile. “She needs all of the bearers in cooperation to do that, apparently.”

“Well, once we get the bearers, we won’t even need to put the spell back on you,” Raindrop stated with a shrug of her shoulders.

Sentinel gave a sigh of relief at that. “Oh thank heavens. I thought you were going to hit me or something.”

“I’ll just have to tie you up and deny you any pleasure for a few hours,” Raindrop said with another dismissive shrug.

Sentinel just stared at her, shaking his head slightly. “And you never explained what your cutie mark is for,” he accused, pointing at the raincloud on her rump.

“I’m a weather pony,” Raindrop pointed out. “My name is raindrop. Do I need to explain this?”

“I... Well, I guess not,” Sentinel said with a wry grin.

Raindrop rolled her eyes, bopping him on the nose again and shaking her head, before hugging him close. “I like this. We don’t get to... laze very often.”

“Lazing is fun,” Sentinel admitted with a nod. “But so is staring down a hydra. They both have their pros and cons.”

“Dying is a definite con,” Raindrop stated, shaking her head.

“So where are we gonna go?” Sentinel asked of the mare, as he tossed the towel back onto the rack.

“I dunno, you’re the one who wants to go somewhere, mare,” Raindrop accused, slapping her rump with a hoof and wiggling it at him. “Coulda had all of this, but you wanna go out and have fun.”

Sentinel grinned and just shook his head, pulling the mare back around to face him and planting a warm kiss on her muzzle.

“We should go to the castle and get you all connected with the Element of Loyalty, so that we can fix me. I’d rather you didn’t die, actually,” Raindrop stated with a nod after they broke the kiss.

Sentinel gave a wry grin. “Still think I’m a bearer huh?”

“You are loyal to a fault,” Raindrop stated with a smile, nudging his nose once with her own.

“Actually... I’m not, really,” Sentinel said with a helpless smile.

Raindrop raised a brow. “And what makes you say that?”

“You’ll think I’m flattering you. Or buttering you up,” Sentinel stated, shaking his head once.

“You turned down my blatant sexual advance earlier, what could you possibly be buttering me up for, pocket money?” Raindrop pointed out, perking an ear.

“Touché,” Sentinel admitted, before taking a deep breath and then giving a faint sigh. “I just... I’ve come to realise that I lied to you.”

“Super not loyal there,” Raindrop said, waving a hoof in an awed way.

Sentinel snorted, placing a hoof on her mouth to quieten her. “When you asked if it came down to you, or my orders, which would I choose...” the guard trailed off, giving a wry smile. “I’d like to pretend that I’m loyal enough to disregard you, even if it hurt. But... I know in my heart that if it came down to a choice like that, I’d choose you. Every time.”

Raindrop snorted once, and then hugged the guard fiercely, squeezing him tightly and kissing him with a fiery intensity. “You absolute mare,” she accused, nudging his nose once and then smiling warming, staring into his eyes. “If you weren’t such a mare, I’d totally give you the most depraved sex you’d ever dreamed of.”

“But we have to have dinner and a movie first,” Sentinel whined, before giving her a goofy grin.

Raindrop just shook her head. “Dinner and a movie first. If you promise kinky, depraved sex afterwards.”

“Deal!” Sentinel said, kissing her nose swiftly.

Raindrop smiled, and then rubbing a hoof against Sentinel’s wing. “I love you, you fool.”

Sentinel grinned, kissing her cheek. “I love you too, you sex-crazed monster.”