• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 1,859 Views, 46 Comments

The Green Eyed Gryphon - misskoifishpony



Sequel to "Count's Traveling Haunted House". Lord Ruber didn't die of Excalibur's magical might, but instead transported himself to Equestria. And this crazy and power driven man is on a quest to find Excalibur's magic in this new land. And his griff

  • ...
5
 46
 1,859

The Battle is Upon Us

Each of the kidnapped ponies responded to their predicament differently. Rarity was at first terrified of Emerl and screamed at the sight of him. It took him awhile to calm her down and actually have him listen to her. But once she felt too tired to scream, Emerl finally had the opportunity to explain where she is and why she's here.

Rarity was not very convinced by his explanation and it was clearly shown in her face and in her tone. She certainly didn't believe him when he said that her friends were safe and that he knows her name because Rainbow told him. Why in the world would Rainbow Dash converse with a creature like him?! However, after Emerl left her to her thoughts, she was able to observe Emerl with a serious yet skeptical look in her eye. Not to let this ruffian wander from her sight. Secretly seeing if he has some kind of weakness. Every male does.

But behind the strong facade, she was petrified. She was worried sick about the others. She was worried about her dear parents and her sweet little sister. She was worried about her scared little Opal. She was worried about everything. But she can't show it to him. She can't let him know he that she has a weakness. If she could handle some Diamond Dogs on her own, she could handle him.

Applejack had a more...understanding reaction to Emerl and his reasons for this situation. She needed to know what was going on and the way he explained himself kinda made sense. But the real testament of his character was when he apologized for stealing her apples. He gave her one awhile explaining her friends and him needed a food supply. While waiting for his master. She admired his honesty and willingness to admit his own mistakes. No apple thief or Flim Flam brother can do that. So she was going to give Emerl a chance.

Her real main hope was that her friends were not panicking whenever they are and that her family were not going rescue her. She can't have Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, and Big Mac getting hurt because of her. She couldn't bare it if that happened.

Like Rarity, Pinkie Pie did scream in the gryphon's face when she woke up. However, once Emerl had the opportunity to calmly speak his mind,Pinkie displayed silent curiosity. Emerl wasn't use to this innocent child like curiosity from other creatures.

Once he was done talking, Pinkie overwhelmed with serious of enthusiastic questions. He didn't have time to get a word in between each one. Awhile, Pinkie had a big smile on her face and happiness gleaming in her eyes. Emerl appreciated this pony wanting to be his friend, but he couldn't fully explain everything yet. Not until Lord Ruber gets here. It took him awhile to calm down and satisfy Pinkie's questions. Once he did, she answered him with a cheerful "Okie Dokie Lokie!"

Emerl tried his best to match the gleeful smile of the mare in front of him. He was silent yet smiling while turning around from her. He pondered to himself what does okie dokie lokie mean?

The last pony Emerl woke up was Fluttershy...the shy one. She made a sound of a scared mouse before crawling to the corner of the cage...away from Emerl. She looked like a quivering rabbit...facing it's hunter for the first time. Emerl felt horrible in frightening her so. Especially since she is Rainbow's dear childhood friend. He soothed her in the quietest voice he could manage. Even though his quiet voice did made Fluttershy stop quivering, she was still huddled in the corner...staring at him with sad eyes. He then whispered to her why she and her friends were here and his role in this ordeal. She didn't talk. She just listened.

When he finished explaining, he left an apple for her and walked back to the fire pit. Fluttershy didn't take the apple. She was too scared and worried to eat. She hoped that Angel and her other animals were alright. She didn't want them to panic and have a heart attack because of her. Especially her little Angel. She prayed for her friends' safety and for Discord to find them soon.

Rumble...

Emerl immediately noticed the fire shaking, and the shaking underneath his claws. He arose and positioned himself towards the horizon. His eyes narrowed and a growl began to grow in his throat. He crouched down into attack position.

Climbing over the side of the mountain was...Ruber. He looked liked a goblin clawing over the mountain's edge. With his crooked yellow smile...his fiery twitching eyes...all combined with his new form...his appearance truly matched his monster heart.

The rumbling and shaking came from his new minions. Giant pony creatures that were almost the size of the mountain themselves, stepping over to the top of the mountain with their master. The sand in their bodies were disappearing into the desert, and the silent minions suck into the hard stones from the mountain to create their new bodies. They became giant rock monster ponies. But this doesn't made Emerl back down.

The earthquake and the appearance of these new ponies made the mane five scream, gasp, and panic in their cages. Emerl was thankful that the spell was preventing Ruber from hearing them. Soon, Rainbow Dash awoke during this commotion and she immediately placed her attention on Emerl...and the pony in front of him.

Ruber slowly walked towards the large gryphon with ease. His eyes twitch profusely with each step. His smile became a smirk. His minions stayed where they were and watched their master approach Emerl.

Ruber finally exclaimed "Hello there birdie! How's my favorite gryphon? Hmm?"

Emerl hissed while flaring his wings out "I'mm nottt your grypphonn! Nottt anymorree..."

Ruber responded with his mouth twitching "My my, we're being rebellious. Aren't we?"

Emerl's eyes glowed their eerie shade of green while slowly approaching Ruber in his crouched position.

This only encouraged Ruber to question with a fat grin on his deformed face "Tell me, my little gryphon, where is it? I know you have it."

Emerl growled "It'sss minee! You can'ttt have itt..."

Ruber raised his invisible eyebrows and replied in a cheeky tone "Oh really? Is that so? Oh well,I guess we have to do this..."

He paused for a moment. His rocky skin glowed green like Emerl's eyes. He raised his rock hoof before his opponent, and commented darkly "My way..."

Then his hoof magically removed a giant piece of earth in front of him and threw it towards Emerl.

Rainbow Dash cried out while clinging the front bars of the cage, "M!"

Emerl clinched one of his massive claws together in a fist. He threw it back in order for the punch to gain speed and power. He stood still where he was as if he was a boulder himself. When the giant piece of the earth was just a foot away from his face, he released his drawn back fist and smashed it at it's center. This created a down pour of earth and rock pieces raining all around Emerl and Ruber.

Rainbow cocked her head back and with wide eyes, she uttered out "Whoa.."

Emerl screeched out like an alpha eagle to Ruber. Clearly showing his former master is his anger and his dominance in the situation.

Ruber laughed "Alright! Now we're talking!"

Then he reared high in the air and stomped into the ground to create a massive earthquake. The ponies struggled and stumbled around in their cages, while Emerl dug hid claws deep into the dirt in order not to shake with earthquake.

While Emerl was busy keeping balance, Ruber magically removed another piece of the earth...bigger than the first one...and quickly threw it at the large gryphon.

Emerl flapped his wings and flew and clawed over the flying piece of rock. After taking off from the boulder,Emerl extends his claws in front of him and pounced for Ruber. He screeched as loud as he could with his eyes glowing bright like green fire.

Ruber prevented his pounce by grabbing hold of Emerl's extended claws and pushing against the beast with all his upper strength. They wrestle and pushed on each other on their rear legs. The back hooves and claws were deep in the ground below them. Despite Emerl's tall yet bulky structure, Ruber was an even match for the beast. Ruber's evil smile never faltered during his combat.

Ruber then pointed out "It's a pity...if you fought this hard during our battle for Excalibur...Camelot could have been ours!"

Emerl angrily retorted "Don'ttt you meannnn yoursss?!"

Ruber smirked "Boy, you're catching on fast."

This made Emerl tried to snap Ruber's face off with his sharp beak. But Ruber kept avoiding his snap and bite. During the process of avoiding Emerl's beak, Ruber lose his balance in his rear legs and fell over on his back.

Emerl used this opportunity to pinned down Ruber by his shoulders. He lowered his face down to Ruber's face and growled ferociously in his throat. Ruber focused all his energy in his rocky hoof and slowly summoned over boulder into the air. He brought the boulder over high above Emerl's head.

Ruber let out a twisted smile at his boulder, which made Emerl look above his head. Ruber released the flying piece of earth. Emerl released Ruber in order to smash and break the falling giant rock above him. Ruber escaped to his original spot at the beginning of their battle.

One of the sharp pieces of that smashed boulder flew over to Rainbow's cage and accidentally knocked off it's lock. The multi-colored pegasus immediately speeded put of her cage and took action. She landed in front of Ruber in a crouched attack position.

Emerl felt his heart panic out of his chest. He shouted desperately "Rainnbow!"

Her friends gasp at the sight of seeing their friend. At first, it was joyously. But...seeing their friend about to battle this strange pony monster made them call out to her and worry for their safety. Fluttershy's calls were the loudest and the most dire of them all.

But Rainbow didn't hear her friends' cries or paid attention to Emerl behind. She focused her raspberry eyes on Ruber and said "Hold it right there Rubber!"

Ruber took a moment to look at her. After finishing scanning her with his eyes, he burst out laughing "What is this?! The Excalibur magic of this land is embodied in a small pony?! Oh my! This is too rich!"

Rainbow Dash snarled "I'm not just some pony. I'm The Rainbow Dash! And this pegasus is going to knock you out to next Tuesday!"

Emerl cried out while running to her "Rainnbow Nooo!" But he was quickly stopped by his body trapped in a rock like tent. He couldn't move his wings, arms and legs. His head was sticking out the top of this rock tent.

Ruber's hoof was glowing bright and pointed towards Emerl, "Now gryphon, let this charming young pony fight for herself."

Then Ruber turned his demented gaze towards Rainbow Dash. This encouraged the pegasus to fly in the air and prepare for a kung fu kick for her opponent. Her falling kick gained great momentum with each second. It was so fast that it left a light rainbow trail behind her.

Before she could kick him in the face, he grabbed her rear hoof and spinned her around. While Ruber was spinning her around, Rainbow used her front hoof to punch her enemy in the face. He let Rainbow go and instantly rubbed his red pony cheek with his hoof. Rainbow landed back on the ground with great power.

While still soothing his sore cheek, he barked at the rainbow pegasus "How dare you!"

Before this mighty Lord knew it, he was harshly pinned down by the quick pony. She holder him down by his forelegs and trapped down his short tail with her rear legs. As she raise her front hoof in the air to strike Ruber's face once more, Ruber used his free hoof to put it on Rainbow's forehead.

Rainbow stopped in mid punch and she felt like her eyes were about to go to the back of her head. Ruber's twitching eyes and smile returned once more. Emerl and the mane five witnessed in horror Rainbow's bright mane and coat drained of color...her cutiemark disappearing...and her raspberry eyes turning grey.

The new grey pony felt weak and collapsed to the side of Ruber. Emerl and the other ponies yelled "NO!"

Ruber slowly crawled back to his hooves and laughed evilly at the fallen pony to his side. The new magic inside him made him grow into twice his original size and made his raggedy mane gain some inches.

Emerl used all his strength to break out of his rock tent and run towards Rainbow. He gently picked her up in his arms and caressed her close to him. She was unconscious and almost out of breath.

Emerl thought to himself What have I done?

Ruber sneaked up behind Emerl and attack him while he still had the chance, but...he was stopped by something hard yet first hitting the back of his head. H rapidly turned around and saw Discord, Stellar Eclipse, Spike, and Diego. They were staring at him...ready for battle.

Author's Note:

How did I do on those action scenes? Yay or just plain no? Let me know. MissKoi doesn't own MLP and the movie "The Quest for Camelot",for they belong to their respective owners and creators.