• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 1,859 Views, 46 Comments

The Green Eyed Gryphon - misskoifishpony



Sequel to "Count's Traveling Haunted House". Lord Ruber didn't die of Excalibur's magical might, but instead transported himself to Equestria. And this crazy and power driven man is on a quest to find Excalibur's magic in this new land. And his griff

  • ...
5
 46
 1,859

The Quest for Excalibur's Magic

The night was quiet in Arthur's kingdom. The moon was heading towards the other end of the sky to set and the sun was about to rise in the other. It certainly was a long night for all after battling and defeating the villainous Ruber. Especially for Kayley, Garrett, Devon and Cornwall, and all of the other knights of Arthur's Round Table. The heroes had their triumphant celebration after Ruber vanished into the stones of Excalibur's home. But after a couple of hours of drinks and praise, the new heroes and the rest of Arthur's kingdom went to bed with much anticipation. Besides, tomorrow was a new day and it will be another day for celebrating for King Arthur was going to add some new knights to his Round Table.

The night in Arthur's kingdom was empty and no creature was stirring in the streets, or in the castle, or outside the kingdom's walls. One would think that the stone hedge area around Excalibur's stone home would most certainly be vacant and clear of life….but they were wrong. A giant galumphing mass was limping towards the boulders with the three connected rings on them. The creature's back legs were extremely sore and bruised, its paws were wearily and torn, there were multiple of scratches and cuts all over its furry back. There were patches of its feathers and fur that were burnt by dragon fire, and its face and beak were darkened by the fire's ashes. What drew the creature slowly to this sight was the lingering magic remaining of the sword Excalibur and….his master.

When the damaged beast came into the moonlight shinning on the boulder in the center of these tall stone hedges, the beast was revealed to be….Ruber's Gryphon. Despite that falcon and those dragons taking a toll on his body and spirit, he was not one of those to be easily broken. He had lived for far too long to die in their claws. He had lived too long to die in the midst of that humiliating battle. He had lived too long just to die as Ruber's slave. Getting closer to the ring designed boulders made the gryphon's eyes glow the eerily shade of green. The gryphon could still smell the remains of his master. The remains did not indicate that he was dead, but simply transported somewhere else. But where was the question daunting the gryphon's mind.

As the gryphon put his massive paw on the boulder, he could still feel that his master had some of the witch's magical potion with him. Like it was still inside it. It was a weak signal, but nonetheless Ruber was still more powerful than any mortal with that kind magic….and Ruber still had power over him. The gryphon could also tell that Excalibur's magic had left Ruber's body, for the magic has stayed within the sword inside the castle….but also in this boulder as well. It was as if the boulder was still trying to protect the sword somehow, even though King Arthur was protecting it once more. This fact along made the gryphon cock his head in confusion. Yet all the gryphon knew was that…the boulders…were centuries older than the magical sword itself. And at this moment, it had more power than the sword itself. It certainly had enough power to dominate Ruber and his witch's magic.

The gryphon needed to follow Ruber…he didn't care where…he just needed to follow Ruber and the witch's potion inside him. But how? The gryphon put his other paw on the boulder….he closed his eyes…and focused all his thoughts on the magic trail that his master left behind. The air around him was filled with silence…silence of the night…but also the silence of his own focused mind. However, the swirling glittering and magic that drifted around the gryphon's feet was as silent as the moon itself. The magic was leaking from the bottom of the boulder and it slowly formed around the motionless gryphon. He may not have been able to hear this magical process, but he could feel it slightly on the outer layers of his feathers and fur. He could feel the magic gentle taking him in…he didn't know if it was a portal in the sky…a rabbit hole in the ground…or even in one of the cracks of the boulder he was touching…but he didn't care…he strangely not worried….in fact he never felt more at peace. The gryphon had a feeling that this magic knew exactly what he needed.

After what it seemed like five minutes of slow yet progressive magical conjuring, the green energy soon became a small but powerful hurricane around the gryphon. And in a bright flash of green light, the gryphon was gone! Without a trance….without an echoing sound to indicate his departure. No one in the castle or in the kingdom took notice of this magical phenomenon….they were only focused on the dreams they had of tomorrow and for the bright future ahead of them.


When the gryphon gently opened his eyes, he first noticed that his body…wasn't in any pain. He didn't feel the fresh and scorning burnt marks on his body, or the scratches and bruises on his back or legs. His legs felt amazing. His paws felt like they just received a soothing massage. His body felt invincible once more! As he slowly getting up, he took note how he was in black and dark cave, lit by the light of beautiful purple and pink and blue crystals. However, there was a brighter light coming from behind him. He quickly turned his head around and found a gorgeous crystalized blue tree in the middle of this cave. It had strange stiff and crocked branches reaching towards the ceilings and the sides of the cave. It had unusual markings and symbols all over it and tiny but delicate white diamonds hanging from it's branches. But what puzzled the gryphon the most was the fact that the tree processed Excalibur's magic!

How could this be? How is this possible? Only the boulders and stone hedges that protected Excalibur possessed its rare yet mysterious magic. And yet…it was the only explanation he could think of was that Excalibur's magic needed an ending destination…it needed a place that shared its magic with…the same kind of magic. This crystal tree must be the sacred and magical source of this land. What was this new land he was in?

The gryphon a deep cleansing breath in of this new land, he came to the realization that…there was no human scent to be found….anywhere! All that he can smell were…horses. Equine everywhere, especially in this cave. He also caught a whiff of other magical creatures nearby, but…why was this land filled with just horses and magical beasts like him? Where were the humans? But more importantly, he could smell magic…everywhere…in all directions. Magic of all sorts. He also noticed that Excalibur's magic was spread out in six different directions…however this spread out magic was nearby…but it was strange that the Excalibur's magic was not all contained in the crystal tree. Then again, the Excalibur sword had the ability to leave its magically protected home.

When the gryphon opened his green eyes, he saw through the front entrance of the cave a giant rocky wall with stone steps to climb up it. On top of this rocky wall were some tall trees, indicating some kind of forest. He knew that the magical creatures lived up there in that forest. He wondered with these horses lived with the magical creatures as well, however he seriously doubted this due to the cautious and easily frightened nature of the equine species. That is why horses obeyed the will of man…to protect them from dangers of the magical world.

The gryphon knew what he had to do…he had to find the Excalibur's magic of this land. For Ruber was on this trail already…..


When Ruber first opened his eyes, he was greet by a painful and terribly bright stream of light, along with the overwhelming feeling of the blazing sun scorching his sore body. It took him a while to regain the details of his surroundings. Ruber found himself…in the middle of a desert. A barren and hot wasteland of golden sand for miles and miles! There was no end to it! Ruber had never been a land like this. There was no sign of plant life! Or water! Or any life whatsoever! For a moment, he thought he was dead. But feeling the soreness of his muscles, the achiness of his feet, and the weariness in his eyes. If he was dead, he wouldn't be feeling this pain right now.

He felt humiliated when feeling this pain because it reminded him of his failure…his soul shattering and heart breaking failure. How could have this happen?! To him of all people?! His plan was perfect! Their fates were sealed! Power was within his grasp! And now…the kingdom was gone…the sword was gone…the magic…wait! The potion's magic! It wasn't gone! Yes, there is still some hope! He silently thanked the magic slowly healing his damaged body, and the remaining magic made him smirk evilly.

However, because the healing process was slow, it was a sign that he didn't have not much power left….the accursed sword and its stone home took most of the witch's magic out of his system. He didn't have enough magic to transport back to Arthur's kingdom. He needed more magic. Ruber soon felt a soothing gust of wind passing through the barren and scorching desert…he treasured how it cooled the sweat in his hair. All of the sudden….some unexpected brushed against his skin. He felt a faint rush of magic…brushed against skin…not just any magic…Excalibur's magic! The signal was weak, but he could tell that Excalibur's magic was coming from the west.

He didn't understand how the powerful sword can be in this strange new land as well, since he lost it during his mysterious trip, but nevertheless he didn't care. Excalibur was just within reach and he's never going to let that magic escape him…ever again!

With a wide and dark grin on his smug face, he ventured towards the west. Not caring about the hot sand underneath every step he took. Not caring about the increasing heat that will stop him on his journey or the buckets of sweat coming from every inch of his skin. After taking a couple steps forward, the great and powerful Ruber….slipped on something burning and slippery. This made him fall face forward into the golden sand, which resulted in Ruber accidentally swallowing some sand and for his eyes to be covered in sand as well. His eyes were stinging in pain, and the pain made him kicked furiously at the object that made him tripped.

When Ruber was able to open one of his stinging eyes, he saw a shining piece of bronze armor….his armor! He quickly scrambled towards it and brought his face towards its reflective surface. What Ruber saw…in the armor's reflection…both terrified him and disgusted him. He saw a demented and twisted looking monster. The left side of his face looked like a light pink horse with a choppy red mane. And the other side of his face…was covered in dark black and green stone. It covered the right side of his face unevenly, as if it was a disease consuming his skin. Despite the bulky appearance of this stone hard skin, it still outlined a horse-like face. Ruber looked down at his hands and found that they were now hooves. One pink furry hoof and the other was a rocky hoof. Ruber started ripping his new face in disgust and pain. His beautiful and wonderful face! Gone! Forever! Who's ever fault this is…whose ever magic did this to him…they will pay!

Ruber reared high into the hot air in rage, lifting his new large and hard hooves high and ready to strike. When his front hooves stroked the soft ground below him, Ruber created a deep and unsettling crack in the sandy hill. But Ruber didn't notice the crack because he was trying to catch his breath and calm down his heart beat caused by fury. The crack in the sand gathered itself into the wind. With its scorching golden grains, the crack began to transform into a giant sand pony. Solid, shining like golden bracelets in the sun, no mane or tail or even a face….just a giant mass of sandy destruction.

When the huge sand pony stomped its hoof on the ground, commanding it's presence to its new master, Ruber slowly looked up to the face of this beast before him. Inside his head, he was screaming till no end, but being the man he was…he wouldn't allow his fear show on his face. The sand pony stared at Ruber back, but stayed obediently still, as if waiting for his command. So far, Ruber liked this giant. It was quiet, strong, and didn't seem like an idiot like his previous henchmen. He slowly waved his stone hoof from left to right, which caused the sand pony to follow his hoof and moved his body from left to right.

All his distressing thoughts about his appearance…the new land…disappear and were soon replaced by thoughts about soul consuming power. This power made Ruber's disturbing smile creep slowly on his evil pony face. He then shouted to his new minion "Excalibur's magic….this new kingdom…and all the monsters that live in….WILL BE MINE!" The deformed Ruber then proudly laughed his demented and haunting laugh into the empty desert, making the whole sandy wasteland hear his evil joy and his evil proclamation to the kingdom that will soon feel his wrath.

Author's Note:

MissKoi doesn't own MLP or the movie "The Quest for Camelot", for they all belong to their respective owners and creators. Funny story about me and "The Quest for Camelot", unlike most people, I didn't grow up watching this movie. I actually just saw this movie with my friends just a couple of months ago, and I ended up enjoying it. Most of the songs were good. I loved Garrett, the dragons, and Ruber's Gryphon. I don't know why I liked the Gryphon so much, but I think it was the fact that he was big and fluffy3 yet also being extremely cool looking, he had a funny yet cute Gollum voice, and that he didn't seem like a bad guy to me. Just an innocent creature who was a slave to Ruber. Ruber was what I hated about this movie. But my friends kept telling me that Gryphon was still a bad guy, and blah la la. Anyway, I recommend you guys watch that movie before reading this fanfic. Enjoy!