• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 1,859 Views, 46 Comments

The Green Eyed Gryphon - misskoifishpony



Sequel to "Count's Traveling Haunted House". Lord Ruber didn't die of Excalibur's magical might, but instead transported himself to Equestria. And this crazy and power driven man is on a quest to find Excalibur's magic in this new land. And his griff

  • ...
5
 46
 1,859

Magic Works In Mysterious Ways

When Diego, Spike, Stellar Eclipse, and Discord exit out of the throne room, they went to the Canterlot Gardens. They needed a private and more serene place to conjure up their plans. They couldn't naturally go to courtyards in front of the castle or in the Canterlot city. Most of the families are still lingering in those areas.

Discord always had this uncomfortable and constricting feeling whenever he entered the gardens. Look at all the old stone statues brought horrid memories of his imprisonment. And yet, the gardens was the place where he met Fluttershy for the first time. Face to face that is. He remembered how lovely she looked when he tried to corrupt her as a butterfly. He remembered her little smile back then...the way her eyes shined when she talked about her friends...but more importantly,how sweet her voice was when defending her friends integrity.

Discord had to shake his head of these thoughts. The more he thinks about her, the more he misses her. His heart aches for her. His aching heart reminds him how he failed her. He didn't protect her from this kidnapper. He wasn't there for her when she needed him the most. It was the Tirek disaster all over again...

Stellar Eclipse interrupted Discord's inner debate by asking "So...what did Princess Cadence say?"

"Huh?" said a 'now out of it' Discord.

Stellar asked again "Princess Cadence. What did she say to you just now?"

Discord responded "Oh that. Yes well, she said to let the force be with me. Or something. I don't know."

"Ugh...the force? Really? Are you sure that's what she said?" That's all Stellar could say in that particular moment.

Discord shrugged then casually remarked "I don't really pay attention to what the Princesses say. Unless it's relevant to me and what I want."

Stellar Eclipse chuckled to himself and rolled his eyes. He thought to himself Of course you would.

Discord commented while stretching out his back and neck "We better get going Stellar. The soon we get on the road, the better."

"Wait!" exclaimed Spike.

Discord spinned around and found Spike by his side. While rubbing the back of his neck, Spike awkwardly conversed "I just wanted to say...good luck."

Spike offered his small claw towards Discord. Discord smiled while shaking his claw lightly, "Thanks. You too. You'll need it when traveling with him."

Discord looked up at Diego and gave the werepony a sly smirk. This made Diego growl and bare his sharp fangs at Discord. When Discord released Spike's purple claw, the little dragon noticed something unusual left in his palm.

He questioned "Um? A bean?"

Discord joyously answered "Well you know what they say about beans,they can be quite...magical." Then he gave his small friend a mischievous wink.

Spike smiled at his crazy friend before loading his bean in Diego's saddlebag. Then, he climbed up on Diego's back and waved good bye. While Diego left a ice cold stare in Discord's direction before galloping out of the garden.

Discord blew a little raspberry in Diego's direction before walking towards the other side of the garden. Stellar then casually scolded "Discord, you have to learn to get along with the guy. He is Fluttershy's cousin after all."

Discord responded "And that's precisely why I was merciful with the little mutt. He's lucky to be related to Fluttershy. If he wasn't, I would have literally wiped the nose clean off his face and have his nose run away from him." That last statement made Discord giggle in glee.

Discord continued with "He shouldn't have questioned The Master of Chaos."

Stellar added "He was only speaking from the heart Discord. He was trying to prove what he thought was right. But what's done is done. We should get going too."

Discord interrupted Stellar's trail by grabbing his wheelchair and waved his glowing eagle claw over it's side. Then, a button magically appeared on the wheelchair.

"What's this?" Stellar questioned.

"Just a gift. From me...to you." Discord happily replied.

Then,Discord poofed himself and his friend out of the Canterlot Gardens.


Emerl and Rainbow stayed up for the rest of the night chatting. Ever since Emerl introduced himself. He found out that her name was Rainbow Dash. The gryphon found it to be an appropriate name for her due to her rainbow mane. But as their conversation progressed, Emerl found out that the "Dash" came from her love for racing. Based on how she described her passion for speed and flying, Rainbow seemed to be the kind of creature that likes to dash from one place to the next.

Emerl expressed to her in their conversation how he too had always had a passion for flying as well. The gryphon admitted to her that he wasn't a racer, but he isn't a snail either. Emerl didn't linger on this topic long, due to her...current predicament. So he asked Rainbow about her friends.

He found out that the white unicorn is Rarity. Rainbow described her to be a girly girl with a good heart. Whatever a girly girl is. Rarity has a talent for making clothes, which Emerl didn't understand how horses could make their clothes. But also why do horses need to wear clothes? Then Rainbow talked about the pink one named Pinkie Pie. Again, a very appropriate name for her in his mind. Rainbow depicts Pinkie Pie to be crazy but in a good way. Emerl didn't understand how there could be a good kind of madness.

Then, Rainbow moved on to the purple alicorn named Twilight Sparkle. Apparently, Twilight was the best egghead that Rainbow knows. But to Emerl, this Twilight didn't have an egg shaped head. The gryphon felt ashamed when Rainbow mentioned that Twilight Sparkle was a princess. Emerl didn't want to kidnap royalty. He didn't want to cause anarchy. But Rainbow soothed him with the fact that there were two other alicorn princesses ruled over Equestria, not Twilight. Twilight is the Princess of Friendship, which means she is in charge of issues dealing with harmony in the kingdom rather than ruling over a piece of land. To Emerl, Twilight sounds more like a knight than a princess.

According to Rainbow, the orange horse with the strange shaped brown hat is called Applejack. Emerl admired how this Applejack is,as Rainbow stated,a hard working but fun farmer friend. Although, in their conversation, he discovered that the farm he abducted Applejack from was her farm. He stole from her farm. He stole some of her livelihood, and he was ashamed. He couldn't bare to tell Rainbow his revelation.

Then Rainbow described her yellow pegasus friend named Fluttershy. Rainbow seemed to be the closest with this friend due to the fact that she had the most to say about her. They were educated together as children in the art of flying at this flight camp. It warmed Emerl's heart to hear the story on how they meet. Especially in Rainbow Dash's words. Emerl found Rainbow's story telling skills be charming and fascinating.

However, just like the previous topic,Emerl knew he had to quickly end this subject soon in order not to make Rainbow worry. Yet at the same time, he marveled at how protective and loyal she was to her friends. It shows her strong yet willing character. Emerl could listen to her all day. Then again, he had been mostly the listener in their all night conversation.

Dawn beautifully breaked in the horizon. The golden orange glow shined on the mountain and into Rainbow Dash's eyes. She squinted at the rising sun and realized "Oh boy, what time is it?"

Emerl turned his gaze towards the horizon and softly responded, "It'ssss the firrrsst hourrr of dawn."

Rainbow chuckled "Oh wow, I can't believe we talked all night."

Rainbow couldn't believe how she managed to have a casual conversation with her kidnapper. Was it fair for her to call Emerl her kidnapper? He may have taken her by force like a kidnapper, but he did it to protect her from this Ruber maniac. Should she call him her protector? Nah! No way! Maybe her friend? Hmm maybe.

Rainbow let out a tired yawn and soon felt her energy slowly drain. Emerl then tells her "Sssoo ssorry that I kepttt you up. Forgivvee mee."

When Rainbow recovered from her yawn, she answers "Don't worry about it M, I'm not tired. Just getting started. That's all."

She stretched out her wings and back before continuing, "Besides, I was the one that kept us up. Not you."

Emerl softly smirked at the rainbow pegasus and remarks "But still, you need ssleep."

Rainbow yawned again "But...what about Rubber?"

Emerl chuckled in his throat "Don't worrrry about Ruber. Hhee won't beee here till tomorrow."

While Emerl picks up the apple cores surrounding Rainbow's cage, he gently tells her, "Plleasse sssleep."

Rainbow snuggled herself into a little ball and sighed "If you say so. Night."

Emerl peacefully sighed out "Good niightt."

He gave her a soft lingering look before heading towards the other gryphon placed one apple inside each cage and in front of the other sleeping ponies. He made sure not to wake them up during this process.

He placed the last apple in front of Twilight Sparkle. The light ding of Emerl placing the apple inside the cage immediately woke the sleeping purple alicorn.

Her heart was racing, panting in and out too quickly, and her surprised eyes took in the gryphon before her. Before she could cast a spell and speak, Emerl put out his giant paws defensively before him.

He soothed her in his softest voice "Don'ttt bee ssscared. I won'ttt hurrrt you."

For some odd reason, Twilight was calmed down by her kidnapper. His tone and eyes expressed genuine concern. He seems to be truthful in thus moment. She noticed under his massive claws there was a shiny red apple.

She asked with slight suspicion "Where are we? Who are you?"

Emerl answered calmly "High in the mountainssss. Near the deserttt."

Twilight asked herself out loud "Desert? I wonder if it's the Saddle Arabian Deserts."

Emerl added "My name isss Emerl. How dooo you dooo?" Then he bowed his head to Twilight.

"Oh" said Twilight being slightly shocked by the gryphon's good manners. "How do you do...Emerl."

"Sssoo ssorry to kidnap you m'lady." apologized Emerl.

Twilight cocked her head to the side, "M'lady?"

Emerl heistantly remarked "Your fffriend, Rainbow, told mee that you're a princessss."

Twilight exclaimed in worried state "Rainbow Dash?! Is she here? Where is she? Do my friends know...?

Emerl interrupted "Rainbow isss here. Your other friendsss are here too. They're sssafe. But...you mussst not see each other."

Twilight proclaimed angrily "Why not?!"

Emerl explained "My massster...Ruber...wantsss your power. He plansss to conquer your land with it. He'sss following your sssignal in thisss very moment. If he seesss you all together, he will take it all together instantly. Before you have evennn have a ccchance to fighttt. I can protecttt you better this way."

Twilight questioned softly "Why are you protecting us? Why you are defying your master?"

Emerl answered with no emotion in his face "Heee mustt bee ssttoped."

Twilight climbed to the iron bars and suggested "Emerl, there are other princesses in this land besides myself. They have great magic. They can help. Plus, we have a friend named Discord. He has powers beyond comprehension. He can help too."

Emerl responded seriously "Buttt only I know how to defeat hisss magic. Theyyy do nott. No more innocenttt lives should perisssh in hisss handsss."

Twilight's eyes widened when Emerl mentioned hands. He and Emerl were from the human world?! Twilight could understand Emerl's reasoning. The humans and their world worked in mysterious ways, especially when interaction with magic. Plus, Twilight admired the gryphon's commitment to their safety and the safety of Equestrian lives.

She then asked "Where is your master now?"

Emerl answered with "Out there. In the deserttt. He should be here by tomorrow."

Author's Note:

MissKoi doesn't own MLP and the movie "Quest for Camelot", for they belong to their respective owners and creators. I only own the name I have given to Ruber's Gryphon.