• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 1,860 Views, 46 Comments

The Green Eyed Gryphon - misskoifishpony



Sequel to "Count's Traveling Haunted House". Lord Ruber didn't die of Excalibur's magical might, but instead transported himself to Equestria. And this crazy and power driven man is on a quest to find Excalibur's magic in this new land. And his griff

  • ...
5
 46
 1,860

Immortals

Ruber used Fluttershy's magic to complete his transformation. He grew into the size of the mountain itself. He was about half the size Tirek was when he stole all the magic from Equestria. His mane grew longer, about past his withers, and it blew magnificently in the wind. He let out a terrifying yet booming laugh and it echoed all across the desert and beyond.

Discord teleported immediately to Fluttershy's side, while Emerl ran as fast as he could to the bush. Discord was horrified by the sight of Fluttershy's weaken and colorless condition. This was far worse when Tirek took her magic or...when he discorded her himself. He slowly collapsed to his knees...and carefully lifted her head with his soft lion paw. His beautiful, wonderful, kind Fluttershy...fallen victim to a monster. He couldn't protect her. It was like his nightmares...only much...much...worse.

When Emerl arrived, he was relieved to see Rainbow was still safe. But...a wave of guilt crashed upon the shores of his mind. He did all this. Even though he was trying to protect his new friend, he set her up to be easy and findable bait for Ruber. Emerl couldn't believe how blind and foolish he was. Even though he wanted to spare another land from Ruber's tyranny, he also wanted sweet and cruel revenge. He wanted to battle Ruber and defeat his master with his own claws. But this corrupted Emerl's heart...and the price for this corruption was having his worst impossible nightmares coming true. He cradled Rainbow close to his chest and nuzzled into her neck and mane. He purred sadly yet softly when doing this.

He whispered while his voice was cracking "I'mmm ssssorryyy."

Meanwhile,Discord could feel his own tears trying to break through. He tried to hold them in. He couldn't cry in front of Fluttershy. Not again. He focused on trying to wake up his dear friend.

He gently called out "Fluttershy. Fluttershy...wake up. It's me...Discord. Wake up. It's...morning and...the animals need to be feed."

Fluttershy weakly opened her eyes half way. She title her head to side...and smiled when she saw Discord. Discord exclaimed "Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy responded hoarsely "Dis-Discord. It's you. I knew that you...would come."

Discord replied quickly yet desperately...with more tears flooding from his eyes "Yes Fluttershy! I'm here! I will always be here! No matter what!"

Fluttershy smiled sweetly at Discord...before drifting back into unconsciousness. Discord yelled out "FlUTTERSHY!"

He took her forehead against his and sobbed quietly. Hoping to find his face from anyone. Sadness consumed his heart and he felt like it was going to break. All over again.

Ruber laughed in his deep voice "At last! This Kingdom...and all the other lands with it...shall be...MINE! BWHAHAHA!"

Ruber's voice made Discord's blood boil. His paw slowly let go of Fluttershy's dearly...before clinching both his fists hard into his chest. The fur on his back started to furled up, the feathery end of tail began to flicker like fire. A low yet angry growl slowly rumbled in Discord's throat.

He slowly rises to his feet...with his back to Ruber still. Emerl eyed the furious creature in front of him and brought Rainbow closer to him. In order to protect her...from what this draconequus might do next.

Discord couldn't hold it in any longer. The angry, dark side of his chaos began to consume him. His roar outrival Ruber's mighty echoing voice. This made Ruber turn around and look for his new challenger.

Discord snarled his sharp teeth and felt another fang to match the long left one. His mismatched serpent body steadily became longer...and wider...and bigger. Discord was becoming the size of that dragon that covered Ponyville in the smog of his own snoring. His short zebra mane and white beard were growing long and luscious, and the feathery end of his tail was doing the same. Spikey spines were popping up all along his spine. His horns extended and curled like ram horns to the side of his face. His red pupils disappeared and his eyes glowed bright gold.

Discord looked like a terrifying, giant, demented, Chinese dragon in Ruber's eyes.

Discord opened his great and powerful jaw and blew a typhoon of dark purple flames towards Ruber. Ruber quickly dodged this. His Lordship looked to his side and noticed the purple flames frozen the ground and create huge spikes of ice in it's place.

Discord opened his new wide wings and fly towards Ruber without hesitation. Ruber summoned a colossal tower of earth in front of him. Discord summoned his fire towards it and the fire turned it into a tower of fire ants. Discord roared once more.

Meanwhile, Discord's watched him battle their enemy from afar. They were speechless, awestruck, and petrified. Stellar was able to break the silence with a quiet "Discord..."

While Discord charges closer to his target, Ruber lifts another piece of earth into the air and throws it towards Discord's head. Discord caught the massive boulder with his fangs and crushes it. Then,the giant draconequus surprise attacks Ruber with a purple fire spin into the face.

Discord pile drives the blind Ruber to the ground. They wrestle for dominance and their ferocious combat causes the earth shake to no end. They claw scratch and bite at each like snakes and mongooses fighting for land.

Ruber eventually couldn't keep up with Discord's relentless anger and energy. Ruber may felt like a powerful God with this new magic, but using all of it at once at this one creature began to wear him down. Ruber was sweating, panting, and losing the energy to fight. Discord grinned evilly at this.

The dragon like Lord of Chaos rapidly grabbed onto Ruber's throat and pinned the giant pony's body against the mountainside. Thus almost caused the whole mountain to tumble over. The ponies on top of the mountain had to cling on to each other for safely. They shielded the unconscious Mane 6 from the crumbling mountain.

Ruber struggled in Discord's breath taking grip. He felt so weak and spineless, especially with his useless thumbless hooves. His pathetic hooves trying to pick Discord's fingers away from his throat. Discord grinned deviously at Ruber's struggle. He slowly raised his free claw towards Ruber's forehead...and flinched his index finger against it.

This activated a power release from Ruber's body. Ruber's eyes and the rocky side of his body glowed white. The white glow transformed into a beam of light. The beam of light flew towards the Mane 6 and Emerl. The light morphed the Mane 6 into their Rainbow Power forms. The light also awoke the Mane Six and helped them regain their strength. While Emerl's eyes morphed into normal looking eyes, eyes balanced with white sclera surrounding green irises.

Emerl opened his eyes, he saw Rainbow standing and awake and well! She was glowing...her mane wide and fierce like lighting...her wings were even decorated with the colors of her rainbow mane! Emerl was so happy that she was alright that he gave her a big bear hug. He exclaimed "Rrrainboow!"

Rainbow was surprised by her new friend's sudden burst of happiness. But she quickly shrugged it off and gave in to the hug. She told Emerl, "Easy there M, I'm alright."

Rainbow pulled away from their hug and immediately noticed his eyes. "M...your eyes...they...they changed."

Emerl was shocked by this, and he lightly traced his eyes. He could no longer feel the heavy burden of the magical servitude on his eyes and on his shoulders. He felt so light and at peace. He smiled softly and closed his eyes.

He chuckled quietly "Yesss Rrrainbow, it meanss it'sss finally overrr."

Fluttershy, as soon as she woke up, started looking for Discord and calling his name. She finally found him...pinning Ruber against the wall at the bottom of the mountain. She fluttered towards him in her new elegant form.

When the magic drained from Ruber's body, the dark rocky side of his body faded away. Ruber progressively shrink back to his normal pony size. With the stoney look, Ruber actually looked like a normal pony. Not an attractive pony, but a pony nonetheless. Discord shrinked back to his normal size as well, and his added fierce dragon-like features for battle disappeared. He looked his quirky chaotic self.

However, Discord was still holding the weaken Ruber by his throat. Discord had a very chilling and demented smile on his face, and flames danced in his eyes. Ruber softly coughing in the draconequus's strong grip. Ruber was now utterly scared of his enemy, for he Lord Ruber was at his opponent's mercy.

Discord brought his head closer to Ruber's face. Discord remarked in a very cocky but sly manner, "Just as I thought. You, my dear Lord, are nothing more than a mortal. A foolish mortal playing a god. A silly little boy playing with witchcraft. But like all little mortals and all little boys, you didn't know what you were doing. Your tiny walnut mind and your pathetic heart couldn't comprehend and handle the great magic you possessed. So narrow-minded, so clueless. But I...on the other hand..."

Discord tightened his grip on Ruber's throat, Ruber choked out in response. But Ruber was still able to hang on and jeep his half lid gaze on Discord. Discord uttered in a deep vengeful voice, "have had an eternity to wield and control the great chaos of the cosmos. You angered a very powerful god, little pony, and you deserve a millennium of pain. The same pain to which you put me through! But since I'm such a merciful chaotic god, I'm going to end your little humiliation...and the rest of your worthless life...once...and...for...all...INSTEAD!"

Discord pulled his free paw back, ready to strike Ruber's chest and magically pull his heart out. And crush it in his claws with great pleasure. Ruber closed his eyes tight, ready for the agony to come.

"NO!"

Discord stopped his strike. Fluttershy placed herself between the defenseless Ruber and her dear friend Discord.

Discord was in awe of Fluttershy's rainbow power. It reminded him of the first time he saw it, when she used it to battle Tirek. Even after seeing it the second time, he was still memorized by the way her mane flowed and streamed in the air like water...and by the way her teal eyes popped in her pink glow...and by the way her hooves and wings are painted with light pink and blue. She was truly a vision in Discord's eyes today and back then during the battle with Tirek. To Ruber, in this moment, Fluttershy looked like an angel of mercy.

Fluttershy softly pleads while gently cupping his face with her hooves, "Discord, it's okay. You can stop. You can stop now."

Discord blushes in Fluttershy's light touch. Yet despite this, Discord explains in a slightly frustrated tone "Fluttershy, please. Get out of the way."

Even though Discord didn't want to remove his face from Fluttershy's touch, he tries to move his head towards Ruber once more and proceed with his plans. But Fluttershy didn't let go. She moved Discord's face closer to hers. This made Discord blush even more.

Fluttershy pleads once more "No Discord, I won't. I won't let you act like Tirek."

Discord gasps at this. He felt his eyes widen and his heart stop beating in his chest. Was he truly...acting like that monster? The monster which caused him to hurt what he cared for the most? Was he becoming his own worst nightmare?

Discord released Ruber from his grip and the pink and red pony landed harshly back to the ground. Ruber massaged his sore throat and coughed for some air.

Discord slowly moved away from Fluttershy. He kept thinking to himself Does she think I'm a monster like Tirek? Is she terrified of me now?

Fluttershy's front hooves reached out towards Discord, as if begging him to come back to her. She comforted him with "I'm-I'm so sorry Discord, I...I didn't mean that. Please, let's go home. The battle is over. You saved us. Every pony is okay."

Fluttershy fluttered towards Discord and hugged his face into her chest. Discord felt like a frozen statue once more. Fluttershy continued explaining "I'm okay. I'm safe now. And that's because of you...you're our hero. You're my hero."

Discord uttered out in disbelief "I-I'm y-your h-hero?"

Fluttershy giggled lightly "Of course you are. And you will always be my hero...no matter what."

Fluttershy pulled slightly away from Discord's face, but still clinged on to it. She smiled sweetly and started stroking Discord's red cheeks tenderly. Discord felt goosebumps travel up his spine when Fluttershy started stroking him. Then, a small smile slowly creep on his face.

They pulled gently away from each other and smiled. They forget to relish in the fact that they were reunited. They were together again. And they could be happier.

Fluttershy turned her gaze back towards Ruber, with a slightly concerned look on her face. Discord commented "It's my dear, I know what to do."

Discord walked up to Ruber with a serious expression on his face. Fluttershy watched him from afar, praying that Discord will do the right thing. Ruber found the strength to stand once more, but his knees were still wobbly and unbalanced.

When Ruber saw Discord's shadow loom over him, Ruber quickly turned around and backed towards the mountain side for protection. Ruber's eyes expressed fear beyond comprehension, he looked like a foal meeting the eyes of a hungry Timber Wolf.

Discord groaned, rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Relax Raggedy Anne, I'm not going to kill you."

Ruber squeaked in utter disbelief "Then...w-what are you going to do?"

Discord sighed out in annoyance. Discord couldn't believe how quickly pathetic his opponent became. Discord explained "I'm simply going to take you Canterlot and throw you in the dungeon. And yada yada blah blah."

But then, Discord got an idea. A horribly...chaotic...bright...fun idea. Discord's bored expression turned into a mischievous and devilish one. Discord chimed "But first..."

Discord waved his glowing claws hugh in the air like a magic an before striking a beam of light at Ruber.

Discord's magic transformed The Mighty Lord Ruber into...a tiny orange with little white wings. Ruber's orange face contained his wide demented eyes and large mouth. His eyes and mouth took up most of his new body.

Ruber jumped up and down, which caused his wings to flap little. He screamed out in his new squeaky voice "What?! What did you do to me?!"

Discord chuckled "Oh! This is so much better than killing you!"

Ruber squeaked again "I demand you to turn me back to what was before! Do you hear me?! I command you!

Discord picked up the angry flying orange and summoned a wooden bar cage all around Ruber. Discord smirked "You command me? Oh that's rich!"

Fluttershy fluttered over to Discord with a bright smile on her face. She giggled when she saw Ruber the flying orange in the small cage. She chuckled lightly "I do have to admit, he is pretty cute."

Discord smiled at Fluttershy and responded "I agree my dear. He's quite the little rascal."

Ruber shouted in his highest and squeakiest tone "I'm not cute! I'm not a rascal! I'm Lord Ruber! The conqueror of kingdoms! Fear me! Fear me!"

Author's Note:

MissKoi doesn't own MLP and the movie "The Quest For Camelot", for they belong to their respective owners and creators. Tehee flying orange Ruber was sooo much fun to write;)! Hope you guys enjoyed this long whirl wind chapter:) Next chapter will be up next Friday or next Monday.