• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 1,971 Views, 60 Comments

Count's Traveling Haunted House - misskoifishpony



Sequel to "What? Moi? Me Jealous? Never!". Tonight is Discord's first Nightmare Night with friends, and he has convinced them to visit an official haunted house located on the mountains of Ponyville. But will their night be filled with treats? Or wil

  • ...
0
 60
 1,971

Her Fears

Twilight and Applejack clinged to each other for dear life as they helpless slide down the tube that sucked them. The trip may have lasted mere minutes, to them, it lasted for hours. Maybe it was their screaming that made the trip last longer? Either way, once Twilight and Applejack saw a soft light at the end of this tunnel, their screams lessened and they started to gain some hope. Hoping that this tunnel would lead to some kind of safety.

However, they shocked to find them flying in the air after leaping off the end of this tunnel. Twilight was so surprised by this new development that her wings opened by instinct instead of by command. Once Twilight felt the gusting wind underneath her wings, she remembered to flap them furiously so that she can land herself and her friend back on the ground. She kinda felt like an idiot not remembering these wings in the place first, yet she was thankful that Rainbow Dash was not with her reminding her of her mistake.

When the two friends floated back on the ground, they noticed where the tunnel had taken them. They were in a giant, glittering, lightly colorful yet dark, crystalized, underground cave. It reminded Twilight of those caves underneath Canterlot, however these caves outshined Canterlot's caves by a mile. These caves had beauty…eerie beauty yes…but beauty nonetheless. Twilight and Applejack couldn't describe what specifically made these caves special besides being located underneath a floating castle.

Twilight also observed how there little mosquitos and other kind of little flies and bugs flittering about. Twilight put her front hoof on her chin and pointed out "Hmmm…fascinating."

Applejack nervously asked "What is it Twilight?"

Twilight responded "Even though these caves are designed to be solely gem caves, these caves are also the perfect habit for nocturnal life."

Applejack added "Nocturnal life?"

Twilight explained "The soil here is very rich, as if it's been enriched by the contributions of other creatures like worms and such. There's a lot of moisture in the air, not to mention I hear some sources of water not too far from here. Plus, there are bugs and little holes in the walls all around us. By my calculations, I say that we're in a bat cave."

Applejack exclaimed "A bat cave?!"

Twilight giggled "For some reason, I'm not surprised that this Count Batula has a bat cave."

Applejack nervously looking around her, especially above her head, as if looking for giant monsters waiting to attack her head. Applejack tried to clear her mind and focus on finding an exit out of the cave. She listened to the dipping sounds of water and started heading towards that direction.

With a serious yet firm look on her face, Applejack called out to Twilight "C'mon, let's head out this way!"

Twilight followed right behind Applejack, while still taking mental notes of the cave's scenery. Each detail of the cave made Twilight smile and awe at it in wonder, while Applejack narrowed her eyes into the darkness and paid no attention to the rest of the cave.

After two minutes of peaceful walking into the caverns of the cave, Twilight asked Applejack joyfully "How do you think Batula created a bat cave underneath his haunted house?"

Applejack quickly answered, while trying to keep his nervousness in check "I don't know."

Twilight added "A cave like this seems to need magic to create it as well as to maintain it. However, based on the crystal formation, it seems that this cave is very naturally made. Which is…very strange."

Applejack, not really paying attention to what Twilight, said "Ugh yeah…very strange."

It was in Applejack's response that Twilight noticed a distinct change in AJ's attitude. Twilight with concern in her voice questioned "Applejack…is everything alright?"

Applejack stopped, while still keeping his back to her. Twilight stopped when AJ did, and tried to look over her friend's shoulder to see her face. Applejack took a deep breath, about to answer Twilight's question, but then she heard a soft but booming Thud! in front of her.

Applejack immediately saw the trio of bat ponies they saw earlier with Batula's taunting gang. The earth pony, despite showing deep fear in her eyes, she instantly stood in front of Twilight. She was ready to defend her friend at all cost from any critter and monster that lurked in these spooky caves.

The trio bat ponies arched their backs like stealthy cats, and opened their magnificent bat wings at the frightened ponies in order to make them bigger than they were actually were. Their tiny fangs popping out their mischievous smiles gleamed in the light of crystals. As the bat ponies silently approached the two friends, Twilight and Applejack noticed that they were mares. They also saw how their eyes glowed at them. This glow radiantly embraced their haunting teal eyes.

Applejack quickly scanned her surroundings, trying to find something that could help her. So far rocks…rocks…crystals…more rocks…torch…wait torch! Before she went for her weapon, she sneered at her bat pony enemies. She slide her lower body harshly to reach the torch on her left. Applejack ripped the torch from the wall, and pointed the torch like a sword at the bat pony trio. This gesture confused the batty mares.

Applejack let out a mocking "HA!" before galloping towards her opponents.

The bat ponies let out a sincere scream, and huddled into each other's arms. They can only stare into the eyes of this crazy pony about to attack them. Twilight saw how scared these creatures were of Applejack. She knew that despite their appearance and how they acted earlier, it's not like they were changelings ready to tear them limb from limb. Twilight galloped towards the trio and cried out to Applejack "STOP!"

Author's Note:

MissKoi doesn't own MLP or any references made in this story. For they all belong to their respective owners and creators.