• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 1,970 Views, 60 Comments

Count's Traveling Haunted House - misskoifishpony



Sequel to "What? Moi? Me Jealous? Never!". Tonight is Discord's first Nightmare Night with friends, and he has convinced them to visit an official haunted house located on the mountains of Ponyville. But will their night be filled with treats? Or wil

  • ...
0
 60
 1,970

Family Reunion

Author's Note:

MissKoi doesn't own MLP or any references made in this story. They all belong to their respective owners and creators. The only thing MissKoi owns are her original characters like Count Batula.

Count Batula's terrifying bat pony face lit up with the biggest smile ever imagined, as he heard his sweet daughter calling him papa. He immediately dove towards Fluttershy, picked her up by her armpits, and the two ponies flew high up in the air together. Once, they were in the center of the ballroom ceiling, Fluttershy smiled sweetly at her father. This initiated a tender and tight hug, as their wings flapped slowly in the air to keep them afloat.

When their hug was over, Count Batula smiled and giggled in joy seeing his daughter's face once more. He then loudly proclaimed "Oh little mouse, it's so joyous to have you back home once more! This is truly a Nightmare Night worth celebrating! Everyone, come on out! Our little mouse has returned!"

As soon as Count Batula exclaimed his command into the empty ballroom, Discord then felt a sudden and unsettling rumble coming from all directions of the ballroom. As if there were more hallways and passages leading to this place. As the seconds passed by, the rumbling and shaking increased until the slamming of doors and hooves finally filled the air. Before Discord knew it, he was almost being run over by mobs and globs of various kinds of monsters and funny looking creatures coming from his hallway. He also noticed that portals and opening were appearing out of nowhere all over the ceilings and walls of the ballroom, and more monsters and beasts were coming from those as well.

From the portal on the right wall, Pinkie's gang of monsters were entering through and immediately ran towards the center of the ballroom like the other creatures. Pinkie Pie, the CMC, Rainbow Dash, and Stellar Eclipse struggled to catch up with their new friends. When they got to the ballroom, they were panting and wondering why their new friends ran so quickly to get here. Then, the group of friends saw Discord by an entrance not too far from them and decided to walk up to him. They noticed that Discord's jaw was dropped to the floor…literally. It was very strange to find their chaotic friend to be shocked by…anything.

Rainbow Dash was the first to asked Discord "Discord, what's up? Where's Fluttershy?"

Discord responded with pointing his eagle talon towards the center of the ballroom.

Rainbow followed where his eagle talon was pointing at. Once she discovered what he was pointing at, her jaw also dropped all the way to floor. The other friends followed in this lead, as they witnessed Fluttershy…in the center of this ballroom with the monsters.

Fluttershy was in the middle of this giant mob of creatures that were filling up the ballroom completely. Instead of being attacked, Fluttershy was happily smiling and laughing and chatting with the beasts around her. And the monsters were smiling and laughing and chatting with her. The ballroom became loud with the sounds of their multiple questions and jokes and praises for Fluttershy. Yet Fluttershy wasn't nervous or shy about this attention. She answered the questions and jokes and praises in her calm but sweet voice. It seems like Fluttershy deeply knows all of the creatures in this mob, and the creatures felt the same. Some of the monsters even gave Fluttershy loving and gentle hugs, which she graciously accepted with open arms.

After a few minutes of this meet and greet, the trio of bat ponies entered from an opening from the left side of the ceiling while carrying Applejack in their hooves. Twilight flew soon after them. The group landed gracefully before Discord and the others. The bat ponies turned around and saw Fluttershy in the mob. They let out a squeaky cheer before calling out to Fluttershy "FLUTTERSHY!"

Fluttershy heard this cry, and happily exclaimed back to them "Moon Blossom! Night Shade! Star Wing!"

Fluttershy and the bat ponies flew to each other's arms, and they had comforting group hug. During this hug, Fluttershy sighed "Oh it's so good to see you again girls."

Rainbow Dash broke the jaw dropping silence with a "What…What's going on here?! Who are they?"

Applejack answered "Those are Fluttershy's cousins."

Rainbow Dash shouted "Say What?!"

Twilight added "And the rest of the mon-I mean, creatures who live in the Haunted Mansion are Fluttershy's relatives. Apparently, Count Batula is Fluttershy's dad."

Discord squeaked while still staring at the mob before him "D-d-dad?"

After Fluttershy gave her bat pony cousins a hug, something come out of the top portal on the ceiling. It was a beautiful pure white pegasus, with wings wide, large, and impressive just like Princess Celestia's wings. She had long and wavy raspberry mane, styled like Fluttershy's usual mane style. She also had long and elegant eyelashes accenting her giant teal eyes. Fluttershy's friends began to see where their shy friend got her good looks from.

The beautiful pegasus gracefully floated towards Fluttershy with her arms out wide to her. She cried out to Fluttershy in a Transylvanian accent "My little mouse!"

Fluttershy answered "Mama!"

The mother and daughter then shared in a long overdue hug. Fluttershy's mother wrapped her daughter in her massive wings, while Fluttershy kept them floating with her fluttering wings. The white pegasus remarked to Fluttershy while softly caressing her daughters' face "Oh my little darling. So beautiful…so…"

Then she looked up and down at Fluttershy's costume and then continued "How come you're dressed as Grandmamma?"

The mob of monsters then responded in a loud but prayerful tone "Grandmamma Countess…may she rest in peace in Princess Luna's beautiful night."

Fluttershy's friends looked around awkwardly, trying to figure out why those creatures responded with a statement like that. This family keeps getting weirder and weirder by the second.

Fluttershy's face then flushed a deep shade, just realizing how unusual her costume would look to her family and to her mother. She took the pins and ties out of her bun in order to make her hair fall down to it's natural style. She looked down still embarrassed and responded "Um…you see…I uh…"

Her mother smiled at her and quickly stated "If you wanted to wear a dress for Nightmare Night, I could have lend you one of mine my little pumpkin. Or better yet, make you a new one. Especially one more befitting of your Batty beauty."

Fluttershy gave her mom a nervous smile and responded "Um thank you mama."

Count Batula flew up to his beloved wife and daughter and remarked "Mavis, Mavis, it doesn't matter what our Fluttershy is wearing. What matters is that she is here! Here to celebrate Nightmare Night with us!"

Mavis gave her husband a scary and scolding snarl. She released Fluttershy from her grip and shouted "Ugh is that all you can think about?! Nightmare Night! It's because of your Nightmare Night Haunted House that…our little mouse doesn't celebrate this glorious holiday with us! It's the sole reason why she doesn't visit us!"

Count Batula cooed at his darling wife, while her back was turned towards him, "Now, now my angel, please."

Mavis quickly remarked "Oh no, don't' coo at me like a pigeon! I am NOT your angel tonight!"

Count Batula growling under his breath, but clenching his teeth to give an impression of a smile at his wife "What am I supposed to do my dearest? Not celebrate Nightmare Night…the most important event…in the whole…Batty family calendar!"

Mavis rapidly turned around and harshly crashed her face into Batula's face. Her furious teal eyes staring straight into the soul of Batula's golden eyes. She gave a furios and bone chilling stare at her husband, similar to The Stare that Fluttershy uses. Count Batula responded with his golden eyes glowing vibrantly, as if he was trying to hypnotize his wife. But his own stare could never work on her. And her stare could never work on him. They were evenly matched. Our heroes began to see where Fluttershy got her disturbing stare from.

Mavis yelled out "Argh this Haunted House was truly the worse idea that you've ever had! You know that?!"

Count Batula let out a frustrated "Oh that's it!"

This started an engaged, confusing, and angry verbal argument between the married couple. Fluttershy tried to stopped her parents from fighting by whispering between them "Mama! Papa! Please! This isn't the reason why…please calm down."

Her attempts to calm her parents down failed. She had to think of something to get their minds off that certain topic. Something that they would instantly agree on or at least cheer about together. Fluttershy kindly asked them with a small smile on her face "Would…you guys like to meet my friends?"

The squabbling parents instantly stopped their conversation when they heard Fluttershy's question. They responded at the same time "Your friends?...We love to!"

Fluttershy sighed in relief before floating herself and her parents down to the ground where her friends were. Once they landed, Fluttershy pointed her hoof to each member of the group and said "Mama…Papa…I would like to introduce to you…"

"Twilght" Twilight then smiled and bowed "It's nice to meet you."

"Applejack" Applejack then added while tipping her hat "Howdy."

"Pinkie Pie" Pinkie waved furiously at them with a big smile and said "HI Fluttershy's parents!"

"Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo" The CMC then gave little smiles at the adults before them, feeling a little shy around them.

"Stellar Eclipse" The wheelchair pony then added "How do you do?"

"This is Rainbow Dash. You know, that nice friend who always stood by me at Flight camp." Rainbow Dash, slightly nervous by Fluttershy's parents' presence, added "Hehe nice to finally meet you guys."

Count Batula was the first to shake Rainbow's hoof "No no, the pleasure is all ours Rainbow Dash!"

Mavis included into the conversation "We can't tell how much we appreciate your friendship with Fluttershy, especially during Flight camp."

After their conversation with Rainbow Dash ended, Fluttershy concluded with "And this is Discord."

Discord then poof away his Beetlejuice costume and makeup to reveal his true and original form. Once that was away, he magically poofed an explosion of confetti and glitter into the air before Fluttershy's parents. He bowed before proclaiming "The Lord of Chaos at your service!"

Mavis grinned and let out an amused awe "Oooohh a lord! Did you hear that darling?" Then she poked her husband in the ribs with her one of her front legs, which made him grunt in slight pain. However, this didn't changed Count Batula's disapproving yet scornful scowl on his face. He slightly growled at the draconquues.

Discord saw this scowl, and it made to slightly back away from Batula. Discord showed a nervous look on his face. But yet, at the same time, he was trying to be brave despite his nerves. Discord may be intimidated by the fact that this pony was Fluttershy's father, but he wasn't going to let any pony get the better of him.

Mavis heard the growl and scolded while stepping on his front hoof "Batula!"

This made the Count yelp in pain and hold his injured hoof with his other front hoof.

Mavis let out a frustrated sigh before changing her tone to speak cheerfully with Fluttershy "I must say my little mouse, he is very ferocious and very monstrous looking."

Fluttershy whispered her back "I wouldn't say he looks ferocious or monstrous…at least not to me anyway."

Mavis then expressed a mischievous smile on her face "Are you sure…that he is…just a friend?"

Fluttershy responded "Yes mama, he's just a friend."

Mavis adds soon after "Hmmm, that's…interesting. Because I see something more."

Fluttershy furiously blushed and scolded her mother with "Mama!"

This caused Mavis to giggle in delight at her daughter's embarrassment.