• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 1,730 Views, 36 Comments

The Elements of Friendship, Book IS [interlude one-point-five]: Bonds - Amras Felagund



Empowered by the Alicorn Amulet, Trixie foalnaps Queen Celestia's little sister. Twilight and her new friends must save her!

  • ...
4
 36
 1,730

Preview for Book II

Author's Note:

As Equestria acclimates to the presence of a second Queen, Twilight Sparkle becomes more and more accustomed to having friends. Balance must be struck between the time she spends reading and practicing her magic by herself, and indulging her friends in their own hobbies so different from her own.
And on top of all this, a great spirit of chaos and disharmony unleashes itself upon the world, subverting the laws of the world and threatening to throw all life into madness. Twilight Sparkle and her friends stand strong…
But what will happen if the Bearers themselves become subverted?

COMING MAY 2015
The Elements of Friendship
Book II:
Chaoskampf

Comments ( 10 )

Chaoskampf

... What?

5998065
To quote Wikipedia:

The motif of Chaoskampf (German for "struggle against chaos") is ubiquitous in myth and legend, depicting a battle of a culture hero deity with a chaos monster, often in the shape of a serpent or dragon.

(Italicised emphasis my own.)

5999094
Well... my face is red. :twilightblush: I knew it meant struggle, its just that whenever I think of 'Kampf,' my mind goes to a bad place.

6485395
Take the number of letters in the first word of the chapter, and count back from the last word in the chapter to find the keyword. For instance, if the word at the start of the chapter is six letters long, the sixth-to-last word will be the keyword.
6485400
The cipher stays the same unless you find another backwards hint at the start.

6504117
That's the point. We'll learn more about what the Concord Flame is in a later Book.

8077067
It was the magic of NightMare Moon, attempting to turn the wrath of the ursa major mother on Ponyville to slaughter the Mane Six.

8083255 Thanks for the answer.

What a trip! And all an infinitesimal part of whatever the bad guys have planned (so infinitesimal, in fact, that most of them didn't even think it was worth it:rainbowlaugh:).... Hoping we see more of the new guards, too.

I'm not clear on what it was that Twilight noticed to clue her in to the illusions, though.:applejackunsure:

8170837
The way I see it, it was hearing Trixie's utterly solipsistic statements about everything being an illusion of her own mind that led to her realizing that the same was true of all her Amulet-boosted magic.

Yay, great story, but seriously: FLOOF OFF WITH THE ORG. XIII CLIFFHANGERS!

Login or register to comment