• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 1,174 Views, 20 Comments

The Curse - DiscordFan

  • ...
15
 20
 1,174

Epilogue

Twilight had watched her friends, one by one, wither away. Now two were left. Both were pegasi. One was on a deathbed, the other the Curse of Immortality. Fluttershy had received the Curse on the day of her wedding with Discord. Rainbow Dash was dying of old age in the hospital, spending her last moments with her curse-bearing-friends. The Curse that she thought was a blessing when it wasn't.

"Twi," the cyan pegasus wispered, "I-I wan'na fly o-one last t-time." She saw the lavander alicorn purse her lips.
Rainbow looked down knowing the answer.

"Okay," she heard. She looked up at her purple-winged friend.

"Really?"

"Really." Rainbow started sobbing. She sobbed for a few more minutes.

"Thank you," wispered a still-sobbing-Rainbow Dash, "Fluttershy, will you and Scoots fly too, please?"

"Of course, Dashie," replied the buttercream yellow pegasus, "I'll go get her right now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three winged-ponies were flying with fourth pony on the purple alicorn's back. The passenger was still sobbing and saying "Thank you."

"Twi, thanks for this last flight," the passenger stated, "I-I needed this as a last Pinkie Promise." And cyan pegasus' eyes closed for last time on the purple alicorn's back.

"Goodbye, Rainbow Dash," the alicorn wispered, "Goodbye..."

Comments ( 19 )

You do know that Celestia and Luna are only immortal because they raise the sun and the moon right?

5518240

We don't know that :trollestia:

5518254
wiki Celestia or Luna.

5518289 There's no official word on whether the princesses are immortal, simply long-lived, and why they are like that. The wiki is fan-made, and does not involve the official creators of the show.

Your point in this matter is invalid.

An interesting idea,

First things first, Princess Twilight outliving her friends has been debunked already. Look it up. Unless you're going to suggest that her friends have immortality too, I suggest you put an AU tag.

Secondly, do you have ANY idea how overused this plotline is? I mean, there have been more "ERMAGERSH I WACHED MAH FRENNS DYE" fics than the amount of money the US owes China!
okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a teensy bit

Thirdly, OH MY GOSH COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING ORIGINAL?! I mean, doesn't it seem kind of OBVIOUS that Twilight would have to watch her friends die if she were an immortal alicorn? Why not come up with a different curse? Maybe her heart could become far more susceptible to corruption. Maybe she could fall a bit too hard for any stallion that smiles her way. Maybe she could be forced to oversee a monotonous task, the truth of her feelings locked deeply inside her heart as she goes around with a convincing smile on her face.
But out of everything, YOU HAD TO GO WITH IMMORTALITY.

:ajbemused: Applejack is severely disappointed in you.
:flutterrage: Fluttershy doesn't approve of the Fluttercord.
:pinkiesick: Pinkie is disgusted by your lack of creativity.
:raritycry: Rarity weeps because of your poor grammar.
:rainbowhuh: Rainbow Dash is confuzzled as to why she's crying so much. She's Rainbow Dash! She'd go out with a bang, not a whimper!
:twilightoops: Twilight does not approve of this, along with the other billions of Immortal Twilight fics.
:trollestia: Celestia laughs because only Twilight has immortality. Everypony else will die within the next couple of years.
:scootangel: Scootaloo skimmed through and liked the part where she got to fly.

5518440

I understand your anger, but this very story idea has been in my head a few years now. And it was getting annoying, always being stuck in there. I've only recently turned 13!!:fluttershysad:

So stop judging me so HARSHLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flutterrage::fluttercry::raritycry:

5518392 The Book about their diary is official. Which in turn should be mentioned on the wiki in the reference section.

5519383 You think I'M being harsh? On my very first story(which, admittedly, was at least ten times worse than this story), some guy pointed out every single cliché I had used and cursed at me every three words or so.

It could always, always, always, ALWAYS be way worse. You should be glad that nopony's cussed you out.

You should also be glad that Silver Spoon didn't come by and say she/he/it was going to review it later, because you probably would've ended up in a world of butthurt.

Oh, and don't try to use your age as an excuse. I'm thirteen, too.

5519737

The point was I'm new at this, and when my head makes a story, I write the story. PERIOD.:derpytongue2:

5519873 Then why don't you put "I'm not looking for ways to improve" in the author's notes or something like that? I wouldn't have bothered writing any of this if you'd done that.

Usually, people like me will assume that you actually WANT to improve. Some of us are blunt, while others are softer. I am the former, as you can see. If you're just writing because ideas are like dung that need to be excreted, you should definitely put that you don't want to improve in the author's note.

5520697

K! Will do! Thanks!:twilightsheepish::twilightsmile:

5529335 I think they claimed her as the Alicorn of Friendship... I'm not sure but Magic sounds more awesome.
Plus her kingdom is called the "Friendship Rainbow Kingdom"(sounds like something someone from the expected demographic would make up) according to the Wiki, so... Yeah, Alicorn of Friendship...

Edit
The feels... so many... Excellent job.

5567726

Oh, uh... well... I always refer to her as the alicorn of magic, so... yeah?

5567763 Sorry, didn't mean my post to sound condescending. Some call her Alicorn of Magic others call her the Alicorn of Friendship. It depends on what kind of story for me.
Still you wrote an awesome story.

5567772

Thanks!:twilightsmile: Not too may bronies (or pegasisters) thint so since everybrony has a stories like this.

Waaaaa Tue mane 6 died!!!!l waaaaa

5676243 no only four died flutters is like the other immortals immortal

Login or register to comment