• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 2,215 Views, 95 Comments

Love's a Rainbow - Infinite Mewo



Dash arrives at her new school and meets Blitz, soon they become great friends, but what happens when Blitz wants more than just a normal friendship?

  • ...
3
 95
 2,215

Chapter 5

“So… Whats wrong with Blitz?” Rainbow questioned, sliding her fingers across Tank’s smooth shell.

“You don’t need to know,” Rainbow turned around and saw Rarity standing in the doorway, tray of biscuits and juice in hand. She carefully placed the tray of snacks onto Twilight’s desk before daintily seating herself on the dark blue bed. “Why don’t you let Spike show you Owlowiscious?”

“You own an owl? Cool! C’mon Spike!” Rainbow enthused, picking up Tank and running out the door, dragging a reluctant Spike behind her.

“I was about to tell her about Blitz! Rainbow is a good friend of his… Maybe she can help me!”

“Rainbow will find out in her own time, but what he did was unacceptable!”

“I… Even though he is a…”

“HE HAD ANOTHER ONE TODAY! When we were dropping him off...”

“An-another one?”

“You know what I mean Twilight, you out of all people is infatuated by him?”

“You used to like him,”

“Before he tried to… ARGGH” Rarity hissed in frustration, “I HATE BLITZ, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN CHANGE!”

“I-I’m sorry,” Twilight stammered, surprised by her friend’s sudden outrage.

“No, I’m sorry, that was simply impolite of me to yell,”

“Well, do we tell her?”

“Rainbow will figure it out herself soon enough, Twilight,” Rarity rubbed her arm, listening to the awkward silence that shrouded the room.

The two looked up when Rainbow rushed into the room, Owlowiscious perched on her head. “This is so cool! I have a owl on my HEAD!”

‘An. An owl. Not a.” Twilight corrected.

“Whatever! Wheres my phone?!”

Rarity smiled, forgetting her conversation with Twilight, she picked up Rainbow’s dropped phone and snapped her picture. “Here you go sweetheart,” She said, handing over the piece of technology.

“Yay! Thanks Rares!” Rainbow cheered, running her fingers across Owlowiscious’ feathers as he fluttered off her head and landed onto Twilight’s waiting hand.

“Twilight? Some of your friends are here!” Shouted a voice from downstairs.

“What? Alright, let them in, Mother,”

“Hihihihi everybody!” Pinkie cheered, bouncing into the room with Applejack and Fluttershy following behind, “Sleepover! Sleepover! Sleepover! It’s time for a sleepover!”

“Wh-what? But it’s a school night!” Twilight argued, letting Owlowiscious to perch onto Fluttershy’s shoulder.

“So?” Pinkie pressed, picking up a biscuit from the tray of snacks. “Mmmm… Your mom still makes good cookies… Mmmm,”

“Well… I guess there will be no harm… As long as we sleep before 9.”

Pinkie pouted, “Fine, as long as you don’t bring those books,”

“What? Sleepover? I’m confused.” Rainbow interrupted, tickling Tank’s stomach.

“Of course, Pinkie likes to throw parties for every new student… But she loves sleepovers,” Rarity claimed, twisting a lock of shiny hair.

“Yep! So… SLEEPOVER TIME!” Pinkie cried, jumping up in the air for a gravity-defying minute.

“What? How does she..?” Rainbow stuttered,

“That’s normal, by Pinkie standards, you’ll get used to it,” Applejack said, leaning into the door frame, adjusting her hat so that it sat comfortably on her blonde head.

“Well, lets meet at Rarity’s place in a hour,” Twilight sighed, flicking her pen into her pencil case.

“Agreed,”

“S-sure...”

“YAY!”
Rarity grabbed Rainbow’s wrist and started to pull her out the door, “Okay then, see you girls later! We must pick up Rainbow’s things from the hotel!”

The four girls waved goodbye as their friends left the room. Once out of the library, Rarity pushed Rainbow into the waiting car,


“Canterlot Central Hotel, yes?”

“Yea! How did you know?”

“Only good hotel around here, sweetheart,” Rarity smiled, “Now, sir, take us to Canterlot Hotel please!”

“Of course, ”

-At the Hotel-

“Room 12? That should be right here, darling,” Rarity said, gesturing to the wooden door. Rainbow swung her keys towards the ceiling, letting it fall into her opened hand. “Awesome,”

She unlocked the door and pushed it open to reveal a fairly messy room, paper and clothes were strewn across the floor.

“You have lived here for how long?” Rarity questioned, a look of disgust crossing her face as she glanced around the room.

“Two days, why?”

“It’s an absolute mess, darling! What a disgrace!”

Rainbow shrugged, then maneuvered her way to an open suitcase, taking out a small pile of clothes, “I’m gonna get changed out of this, you make yourself at home,”

“Oh no, darling! We are packing this up and leaving, we must meet the girls on time!”

“But-”

“No buts, sweetie, it’s rude, now come! Get your belongings together, we are leaving in a few,”

Rainbow sighed and tugged fruitlessly on the skorts in a final attempt to change Rarity’s stubborn mind.


In about ten minutes, the two girls had Rainbow’s things packed and were checked out of the hotel.

“Come Rainbow! Our kind driver will take me back to my home, hop in,” Rarity smiled, gesturing her athletic friend into the back seat while letting her trusty driver tuck the suitcase into the boot.

“The Carousel Boutique please!” Rarity cheered, happily flicking the tips of her hair.

“Of course, fair Rarity,” The driver nodded and started the engine.

Soon, the sleek car pulled up to a beautifully designed pink and purple store, it was striped with white and gold decorated the roof. “You live here? Wow!”

Rarity thanked the driver and turned to Rainbow who was pulling out her suitcase. “Of course sweetie! My mother works here, we live in on the top two floors,” Rarity explained, helping Rainbow with her backpack, “Now lets get in, dear mother will be waiting,”

The two entered through the gold framed glass door, a petite middle-aged woman with bright green eyes and long, swirling purple, almost black hair, greeted them, “Rarity! You’re back, sweetheart! And this is Rainbow I assume?”

“Yes Mother! The girls are coming over for a sleepover, is that ok with you?”

“Of course,” She smiled, “Rainbow, you can take the spare room, make yourself at home!”

“Thanks, Mrs… “

“Just call me Claire,”

“Thank you Claire!”

“Anything, sweetie, now hurry along and unpack!” Claire smiled, pushing her daughter and Rainbow up the stairs.

“Here we are, Rainbow, I’ll help you unpack,” Rarity said, opening the door to her friend’s new room, “Ta-da!”

“Wow! It’s so big, I love it Rarity… Thank you,” Rainbow said, hugging an uncomfortable Rarity.

“Yes, yes, now let’s get to it,”

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I know I haven't been updating in a while, was really busy, sigh, the life of a procrastinator... Well... What can you do~

Kkkkkk... Chapter 5 peeps, Rarity's parents won't be the same from the show, since she herself isn't old enough to run a shop, I figured her mom would have to... So I gave her new parents :3

Next chapter would be out next Saturday~