• Published 23rd Jun 2015
  • 334 Views, 20 Comments

Craving Adventure: The new elements - Misscord



The beginning of the big adventure for C.Rave and her friends. See how they became the next elements of harmony, what they did, who they defeated, what they sacrificed and what happened next?

  • ...
16
 20
 334

The Chaos Ahead

Once we reached Canterlot we noticed that nopony was outside, it was empty. We searched inside buildings, on the streets and the skies but nopony was anywhere to be found. We galloped to the castle post haste. Inside was also empty, I knew this was it, we all did. We went to the throne room and yes it was filled with thick green fog like in the dream. But there we no glamorous necklaces to be found. Just empty thick fog, we looked around and then came together. “Nothing’s here C.Rave, what do we do now?” Espresso asked.
“What a waste of time,” Huffed Plune. Wingstripe was eyeing down the mist as if still searching. Then I remembered hearing something about the elements of harmony appearing to Twilight and her friends when they realised it was their bond that called the elements to them. I held out a Hoof to Ghost who took it with his, Espresso noticed on soon we all were joined by the hoof and with that and a surge of power the elements were ours. But unfortunately that called forth the rest of my vision, a demonic laugh echoed through the halls and the mist swirled strongly. Those familiar turquoise eyes opened and glares at us and the sound of bug wings beat strongly. With a grunt Wingstripe pushed the fog back. There she was back for another taste of Equestria’s love. Chrysalis chuckled and stamped her hoof down on the ground, on her head was Celestia’s crown.
“How dare you stand where she stood!” I cried as I charged towards her, she knocked me back with no effort. Whose love had she been feeding off to get so strong? I wondered. I should have guessed it by then, but I didn’t for a long time to come. We all charged time after time but we were at a loss we didn’t know how to defeat her properly. None of us loved each other like Shining Armour and princess Cadence did, so our power didn’t match up. Then it hit me, she needed it more than any of us. Perhaps giving her all our love WAS a good idea.

I held out my hoof as my friends came to a stop, and with a smirk I challenged her. “You feed off love don’t you, then take it. I bet you can’t take all of the love we have inside of us.” I put my hoof on my heart. I knew from the stories Twilight had told me and I pieced it together, she mentioned how she saw Chrysalis feeding off Shining Armours love and his eyes turning green a few times. I realised she fed in sessions and didn’t take it all at once, it had to be drained slowly. I winked at my friends who just went with it, with that she began to drain it. I remember feeling empty and lonely when she used her power on me, it was rather horrible. Chrysalis stopped for a moment and puffed. “What is this, too weak to drain the love of just six ponies. You call yourself a queen how pathetic.” I started to laugh.
“Whoa there C.Rave,” Star bit his lip as he whispered to me but I nodded in reply to show my confidence. Chrysalis took the bait and started once more to drain the power of our love and as I though she couldn’t do it all at once, it was too much power to take in at once so quickly and she ended up passing out. With that her power weakened and soon the ponies of Canterlot returned from their temporary prison in the caves under Canterlot. Luna told us that it has been almost impossible to break out as Chrysalis had sealed most of the walls with her power making shattering the walls not possible while she was so strong. With our power Luna and I sealed her inside the caves herself and with that the dead was done. The enemy had fallen and we had also gained the elements of harmony, something we were still unsure about.

“Conjuress may I speak with you?” I rolled my eyes,
“Luna please don’t call me that.” Luna rolled her eyes back at me with a sly smirk, she had become a lot more rambunctious with me and refused to call me what everypony else did. I guess she wanted it to be more personal, to be special. I didn’t mind it truth be told but I wasn’t about to let her know that by that stage. She visited my dreams almost every night to simply hang out I knew where I stood in my emotions but I was too nervous to admit it. In a way I think we both knew and were aware of each other’s feelings after all we were both good at knowing such. But our duty and title kept us at a safe distance, we were content with it at the time.

But one night I had a peculiar dream, it was simply me getting up and walking to the edge of the everfree forest at night. Once I awoke I was indeed standing at the edge of said forest. I was being called by some sort of force into the forest. What did I do? I quickly rounded up my friends accept for Ghost who lived within and told them about my dream and where I woke up. We all agreed to go in together but after taking a few steps inside Espresso called my name. I turned back to see them still at the edge of the forest. “What’s wrong guys?” Espresso tilted his head and rubbed his mane.
“We can’t seem to get inside… we take steps in but...” He took some steps in but he didn’t appear to be getting any closer. “I think this one is just for you.”
“But don’t worry we shall wait right here for you to return,” Wingstripe gave me a proud salute.
“We will?” Moaned Plune eyes drooping and hanging his head low. The rest nodded much to his disappointment.
“Thanks team.” I smiled back at my friends before turning and heading deeper into the frightening forest.

In time I found myself come to a stop at the entrance of a cave, with a gulp and a deep breath I headed inside bravely. I walked town twisted dark paths till I felt soft hay under my hooves, I looked up and was met with a pair of yellow and blue eyes. I jumped back in shock once she started to laugh and I sparked up a brighter light from my horn. “Careful there or you’ll blind somepony,” the voice hissed. I gazed upon the beast which turned out to be a female draconequus. I had no idea there was more than Discord back then so I was shocked.
“Are you?”
“If you say Discord I will hit you.” I paused again, shocked at her attitude and utter dislike of the possible mention of his name. “Don’t even speak his name, I wish never to hear it again.”
“Why?” I snoopily asked. She glared at me so I dropped the subject.
“The name is Misscord, or Missy for short. Do not forget that you will need to remember it for the next time we meet.” I wasn’t wasting any more time I wanted to get out of that creepy cave ASAP.
“Why am I here?” She chuckled and floated above me suddenly,
“How should I know you are the one who came into MY home uninvited? How rude.” I huffed and tried again,
“So how can you help me?” She clapped her claw and paw together and appeared behind me suddenly and coiled around me.
“I believe it is you who can help me, you just have to do it by helping yourself.”
“…What?” I stated bluntly. I wasn’t in the mood to be played with, I never was or even am in that matter.
“To the ends of the earth as you know it
Six parts to one solution will do it
Open the door to test your skills
And be pushed to the limits of your wills
Can they all come out with a pass
Time is turning why sit here and wait
Why not do as I say to find out your fate.”
And with that I was back in front of my friend with her echoing laughter ringing in my ears. “So?” Star asked.
“I don’t know…” I said with a blank face. After telling them the riddle we all decided to head to inform the princess’ about this meeting. As expected we were told to once again pay a visit to Canterlot, I was beginning to think we should just move there to save time and bits. But that said I always liked to travel, I think we all enjoyed traveling there together.

“Misscord?” I nodded back to Celestia. “She has been missing for a long time, I am surprised to hear she is residing in Equestria.” Luna stepped forward,
“Yes dear sister as am I, I would have thought she would want to be as far away from him as possible given her outcome. She has no resolve…” With Luna’s sigh came my concern.
“Tell me about it Princess Luna?”
“As you can tell Misscord is a draconequus, she and discord were once partnered. After he was sealed by our magic 1000 years ago she flew into a deep depression. Not wanting to risk getting herself turned into stone she had no choice but to flee. Yet she seemed to think he was dead, I didn’t know at the time but she indeed had a son with Discord.”
“Discord had a son?” Plune butted in shocked at the news. Luna nodded and continued,
“Yes indeed. His name was Din ironically a name meaning chaos. Misscord in her depression couldn’t properly raise him and soon her son left to fend for himself. As I know Din is working in Manehattan as a movie director, his powers work well in that field.”
“It must have been really hard for her… to find out her love is still alive and fear to face him because she’s so ashamed. I know that’s how I’d feel.” Luna nodded,
“Indeed it is I have visited her dreams and she faces many personal demons.” My heart did go out to Misscord, then again my story wouldn’t be as happy and easy as I thought it would back then.

Author's Note:

This chapter brings in another OC of mine Misscord, she has a rather detailed background in which some of it is shared in this chapter.

Comments ( 14 )

6120901 Thank you it means a lot to me, its been up for a while and nopony has noticed it so I put it up in some groups. I hope you stay tuned for more when I upload it if you do really like it. If not that's fine each to their own, we all have our own tastes. I'm glad you took the time to comment and like my work. Thank you muchly.~

Misscord, huh... Such a lonely soul. I'm surprised that they had a son, and that he's a movie director.

Not bad, keep it up!

6121202 It is set after Twilight becomes a princess so the main 6 did have had the elements before this is just set a few years in the future. Everything cannon to the show has happened in the past so I'm not going back into the show and changing things. I know that Twilight always refers to Celestia as 'Princess Celestia' but C.Rave's character is a little bit more informal than Twilight Sparkle. I also refer to Twilight as 'Princess' to show that she has already turned into an alicorn and that this is set after said event. And if you are up to date with the show you would know Twilight is counted as a Princess and characters have refereed to it a few times, she even has the title of 'Princess of Friendship' so to say she isn't a princess is incorrect. The characters don't just 'have' the elements if you read on you see they gain the elements in an event so it doesn't start out with the characters already having the elements of harmony. But thank you for your imput.

6121015 Thank you ^_^

Comment posted by Fallen Prime deleted Jun 26th, 2015

oh christ that cover

Comment posted by Sdrawkcabsitxetsiht deleted Jun 24th, 2015

6129084 Whoa that was a lot of feedback, I understand this kind of story isn't ur cup of tea and that's fine everyone likes different things. I will take in everything you said when it comes to my next edit. I don't state this but I will add it in that some of the intros like Wingstripe's are from a roleplay I did with him ages ago so I used it in the story how it went. The intros are rushed I will admit but I wanted to keep them short, to the point and simple just to give a quick over view of how they all met C.Rave. C.Rave and Misscord are my old two OCs, the other ones are all OCs of my old friends and this story in a way is a tribute to all of them and our RP past together. Although the book has a detailed story line the idea came from making a book with my old friend's OCs and it went from there.

6125831 Thanks I think?

Comment posted by Misscord deleted Jun 26th, 2015

6129234 Okay, I see why the introduction is short. My apologies, I did't know you had already a story which had the OC's in them.:twilightsheepish:

I didn't know I was reading it from C.Rave's point of view. In Ch.1

“Friends look out for each other. By the way what’s your name?”

This question remained unanswered, I think that is why it got me confused at that point.:twilightsheepish:

And sorry if I used 'state' wrong, I'm not English in native, so I can have some wrong points when using certain words. I meant simply, what you had written down on top of the page.:scootangel:

Also clears the question why the Element of Magic is not in the beginning like the rest. Because ( probably.) C.Rave is the supposed to be said element. And we are reading from her perspective.:moustache:

Added text: The beginning of the big adventure for C.Rave and her friends.:facehoof: That, that is my own fault. I should have know I would read it from her perspective.:twilightoops:

6129308 No trouble at all I appreciate your effort and hope that if you like it you keep reading, if not that's fine. I am thankful for your input and will work on it more in editing next.

Comment posted by Fallen Prime deleted Jun 26th, 2015
Login or register to comment