• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 2,525 Views, 73 Comments

Choices - Twilove



A human girl gets the chance to go to Equestria, but nothing is what it seems

  • ...
5
 73
 2,525

Chapter 1

A cold breeze fluttered over Angela’s face as she stood before three enormous creatures. She looked at them with wide eyes, she would never have imagined this moment as it was now. The three creatures looked at her with amusement, disbelief in her eyes. She blinked for a moment, not sure whether to walk away or stay still. One of the creatures walked closer towards her. Though trembling with fear, Angela couldn’t find herself backing away. She stood as still as she could, the creature quickly looming over her. A dark shadow loomed over her, covering her in black. The creature grinned widely and tilted it’s head up a bit, taking in Angela’s confused and disbelieved face.

“Hello, Angela”

Angela looked at the creature. It’s eyes dark with amusement and, of course, truly evil. Angela gulped for a moment and looked away from the creature in front of her. Looking at the other two instead. She blinked with disbelief again, her body still stiff from fear. The eyes of the other two showed as much amusement as the larger creature right in front of her. Her mind clouded as she said the only thing that she could think of.

“Why are you here?”

The creature in front of her laughed with amusement. It’s echo flowing through the girls mind. Not sure what to do, she looked back up at the creature. The shadow was still looming over her, clothing her in utter darkness. The creature grinned widely, sharp tooth shining in the dim light of the half moon. Another laugh echoed through the dark forest, making the girl tremble even more.

“Why, you ask? Because we can”

Angela looked at the other creature. It wasn’t as dark as the other in front of her, but it was just as scary, maybe even more. The three creatures laughed simultaneously, making a looming echo surround them. The girl breathed harshly, her mind clouded with fear and her body trembling.

“Come on, Discord. Don’t tease the girl” The creature in front said, looking at the other two. Angela swallowed a lump in her throat and tried closing her eyes tightly, but to no avail. The looming creature had her eyes locked onto its own.

“Sheesh, sorry Nightmare Moon, but it’s just too fun” The other creature, known as Discord, said mockingly, obvious not as nearly interested in the human girl as the creature in front. The girl gulped at their names. Nightmare Moon and Discord? It was just too much. This wasn’t happening. This couldn’t be happening!
Full of anger, Angela moved away from the villains. She stumbled backwards and fell flat on her rump with a thud. Looking back at the three creatures, she grimaced, they were too strong. She could never defeat them. She shook her head violently.

“No, no, no, no, no!”

She stood back up and ran away. The creatures behind looked at each other for a moment, before grinning widely and chasing after the girl.
Leaves twirled up in the air as the girl ran over them. Her feet hurting from the scars they had received from running on bare feet. Before she had appeared in this sudden forest, she had laid in her bed at home, being hugged warmly by her soft blankets. When she had opened her eyes, she was here. And in front of her, were the three main villains of her favorite show. She had screamed, but surely stood tall when she had ‘realized’ it was all a dream When she found out it wasn’t however, she couldn’t move anymore.

“Oh Anna~”

Oh, how she wished it had been a dream all along…

Running harder, Angela tripped on a tree branch, twisting her ankle in the progress. She was even more hurt now and she was even more sure this wasn’t a normal dream anymore.

This was a nightmare.

Her feet was pounding and it hurt too much to stand on. But she had to run. She crawled back up, stumbling over her own feet, and started running. Her feet started to hurt even more, a wound present too, bleeding a lot. She didn’t know anything else to do than to run. To run as fast as she could.

Unfortunately, she couldn’t run very fast.

“Oh, Anna. Why are you running away?” The creature Discord teased. Nightmare Moon shushed him with a wave of her hoof.

“Please Anna, stay here and let us explain why we’re here”

Angela turned around, her face stained with tears. Her hair was messy and dirty. She had scratches all over her body from the leaves and twigs she had encountered on the way. Nightmare Moon chuckled evilly. Her eyes were full of amusement and darkness. Angela gulped. She stayed still, as still as she could, and did not let her guard down for even a second.

“Angela, we can help you” Nightmare Moon said, a hint of pity in her voice. The other creatures behind her snickered at this. Nightmare Moon shushed them again. “Please, you have to trust us”

Angela stayed still, thinking it over. What could it hurt just to hear what they had to say, right? She nodded slightly, her whole body still trembling from fear, tiredness and pain.
The creature grinned and looked back, turning to her two companions. She motioned them to come closer with a slight wave of her hoof. The other two nodded and obeyed their self-proclaimed leader.

“First, let’s get rid of that look…”

A bright light shielded the girls vision, making her close her eyes. With a gasp, she opened them again. She took in her surroundings. A beautiful meadow with no sight of any life near. She looked at herself after, the wounds and cuts were gone, her hair was combed and clean, and she didn’t feel any pain at all.
Sighing, she lay back down on her back, thinking it was all a dream in a dream. That the creatures were gone and that she could rest now.

“Ehehehi…”

Wrong…

Angela jerked back up, standing straight before the three evil doers. They were grinning madly at the girl. Each of them with a cheshire grin plastered on their face. Nightmare Moon stepped forward first again. Her teeth were shining in the dim moonlight as she stepped forward, her eyes focused on the girl in front of her.

“Angela…”

The girl gulped. The mare said her name like it was a goddess, maybe even with respect. She didn’t know. She just waited for the night mare to continue.

“We have come here to give you an offer” The mare continued. The other two creatures behind her grinned and nodded as Nightmare Moon walked forward a bit more. “We want you to come with us” She said, her eyes determined and serious.

“Where?”

Angela’s voice came out shaky and obviously scared. It made the two creatures at the back grin even wider, if that was possible that is.

“To Equestria, of course”

Angela looked at the mare in disbelief. This wasn’t possible, was it?

“How?”

“The same way we came here” The mare leaned closer to the girl, her mouth at her ear. “Through dreams”

Angela blinked. Dreams? How was that possible? She looked back at the black mare as she leaned back again. A wide grin was still plastered on her horse-like face.

“Why?”

The three creatures grinned widely again, as if they had just won the jackpot. Nightmare Moon laughed evilly. “Because you're special, of course” Angela thought it all over again. They wanted to take her to the very place she has been wanting to go to for so long. She doubted for a while, considering their offer. But then realization hit her. They were still villains. She couldn’t trust them.

“What’s in it for you?”

Nightmare Moon was taken aback by this for a moment, but grinned widely nonetheless.

“Fun”

Angela cocked an eyebrow, not sure how to take this in. Discord walked up to them and clicked his fingers. A huge blue portal opened, the blue faded away after a while and instead came the soothing meadows of Equestria. Angela was breathless by this. She saw the apple orchards, Ponyville, the main six, even the princesses. This was too much, too much.

“I-I don’t know…”

“Come on, it’ll be fun”

“Please Angela, at least think about it for a while”

Nightmare Moon looked at the human girl with pleading eyes. Angela did not waste time as she answered swiftly. “Alright, I’ll consider it” The creatures smiled brightly, especially the mare of the moon.

“You have 24 hours. After that, we want to hear your decision”

A bright light shielded Angela’s eyes for a moment again. A strong gust of wind blew her over and, when the light faded, she opened her eyes to see her bedroom again. She lay underneath her covers, tight and warm, in her dark room, safely. Sighing, she lay back down, but she couldn’t fall asleep. What if it wasn’t a dream? What if it was really real, if it was all true? What would she do? She had to make a decision.

One that will change her life.