• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 613 Views, 22 Comments

The reaper file 1 - wolfefang



WolfeFang, Rainbow Dash's estranged older brother is hot on the trail of the Reaper along side Alomond 'Al' Pie. Will they catch him? And what dark seceret does Wolfe hold...Several OCs.

  • ...
48
 22
 613

Moment of Rememberence

I arrived at Sweet Apple Acres shorty after nightfall. I can't help but thinking that she invited half the town. I look through the crowd to spot Pinkie and her friends near the back of the barn. I notice three younger fillies standing with them. Pinkie is the first to spot me. "Hey Wolfie! Over here!" Pinkie yells jumping up and down excitedly, causing everypony present to turn towards me.

Walking towards them I shake my head mumbling to myself under my breath. Once I reach them I ask Pinkie, "Could you be any louder?" That gets a laugh out of everypony in earshot.

"Pinkie's always loud." One of the fillies says. She's a yellow earthpony with a red mane and tail and an accent similar to AJ's. "I'm Applebloom by the way, AJ's little sister."

The next one, a white unicorn filly with a pink ans purple mane and tail speaks up next, "I'm Sweetie Belle, Rarity's sister."

The last one, an orange colored pegasus, pops off with, "So you're Dash's brother?"

I chuckle at that. "Yeah, I'm Dash's brother. Who are you?" I say with a smirk.

"I'm Scootaloo. Everyone calls me Scoot." She says looking at my scar. I know what she's about to ask. "How'd ya get that scar?" Knew it.

"Scootaloo! That's rude!" I hear Rarity say rather sternly.

I chuckle softly at that as I walk towards the memorial of Al's. "Don't worry bout it Rarity. I prefer folks ask instead of just staring. This scar is a constant reminder of my first encounter with Reaper." I say closing my eyes to think back to that fateful day. "I had just arrived in Ponyopilus and had started walking through town when I heard a scream from a back alley. I acted on insinct and rushed into the alley. I saw RoseFox backed into a corner by Reaper." I hear Rayne gasp hearing her sister's name. "I knew if nothing was done she'd die so I rushed in as Reaper was preparing to attack, I spun kicked him straight in his gut knocking him back in the process, as he recovered I crouched down and delivered a right hook to his rips, breaking several of them. He landed a hit on my, a grazing strike with his scythe. I saw it coming and pulled back in time to avoid a fatal hit." I say tracing a finger along the scar. "It was at that time that Al showed up with several other officers. Reaper knew he was out numbered and fled, the officers chasing after them. Al stayed back, saw the blood running down my face. Before he could take a step towards me I told him to check on Rose. I knew I'd be fine. "

I heavy silence fell over the room as everypony took in my story. Rayne stepped forward and hugged me before saying, "Thank you for protecting my sister." I returned the hug and let her no it was no problem.

"The next day I began work at the PPD." I say pulling away from Rayne. "I began working with Al on the Raper case. It took fifthteen years to bring him to justice." I say solemnly looking at the memorial. "Al was one of my greatest friends. He went out of his way to help others and always made time for his daughter."

A respectful silence fills the barn as Pinkie looks at Al's memorial photo. "My brother left home just before I got my cutie mark. I was sad but also happy that he left. He hated living at home. It was to slow paced for him. His dream was to join the Ponyopilus PD." She says lifting her glass in a toast to him quickly followed by the rest of the room. Spike says a quick pray I don't quite hear. My mind is focused on the sensation I felt when Rayne hugged me.