• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 613 Views, 22 Comments

The reaper file 1 - wolfefang



WolfeFang, Rainbow Dash's estranged older brother is hot on the trail of the Reaper along side Alomond 'Al' Pie. Will they catch him? And what dark seceret does Wolfe hold...Several OCs.

  • ...
48
 22
 613

The Final Hunt

Date-012020- Wolfe's Journal

For 15 years I've lead the hunt for Ponyopilus' most notorious serial killer along with my partner Almond 'Al' Pie. We have finally got the lead we have been waiting for. It took almost two decades. At 1100 hours tonight we will end this hunt. End entry.

1030 hours, in half in hour we bring down Reaper. It's ironic how similar today is to that night I arrived in Ponyiopilus and crossed paths with Reaper. A dark, gloomy, rainy night. Reaper meets justice tonight. "You're quiet again Partner. Something on your mind?" My partner Al asks setting down the binoculars he's been looking through for the last two hours.

I brush my bangs out of my eyes. "It took fifthteen years to track this SOB down." I say closing my eyes thinking about the years spent hunting Reaper down. "Fifthteen years and 300 plus victims. It shouldn't have taken so long old friend. We should have caught him and gone home to our sisters."

"I hear ya. Ain't our fault through. Reaper was smart. Always a couple steps ahead of us." He says with a sigh. "Hate to say it but Reaper was no fool. Played the fuck out of us."

Silence falls over us as we wait for any sign of Reaper. Al breaks the silence first, "I got a favor to ask."

"What ya need bro?" I ask looking across the street through the binoculars.

"If something happens to me tonight I want you to take that box in the back of my closet to my sister." He says seriously. I look at him stunned, not believing what I heard. "Don't look at me like that. You and I both know that Reaper is unpredictable. You almost lost an eye the first time you crossed him."

Subconsciously I trace my the scar crossing my right eye, a reminder of my close call with Reaper. A pale through my midnight black fur. "Yeah I know." I say dryly

"You get what I'm saying. "He says with a dark chuckle. Before I answer I spot Reaper heading for Pier 13. "He's here. Time to move." I say grabbing my sidearm.

"I see him." Al says grabbing his sidearm as well. "Don't forget the plan"

"Forget the plan? I came up with the plan." I say as we run across the street after Reaper. "We corner him at the far end of the dock. Cut off his escape to the left, I cut his frontal escape." I say with a grin.

We followed him to the far end of the south docks of Pier 13. Reaper knows we're following him, just like we want. I can sense the panic rolling off him in waves. I've waited a decade and a half for this day. He runs into the corner as Al cuts him off from the left as I cut him off from the front as I point my sidearm at him. "It's over Reaper! Lay down your weapon and surrender." I say as Al lines up his shot.

"Make it easy on yourself Reaper." Al says stepping closer to Reaper for a better shot.

"What makes you think I'd surrender?" Reaper says drawing his scythe with a chuckle. "This game of ours has been too much fun to just give up." I notice a difference in his voice, a slight one.

Al doesn't notice it as he asks sarcasticly, "Can't blame me for trying, can you?"

"Don't matter to me." I say flatly pushing my earlier thoughts to the back of my mind. "I'm bringing you to justice. One way or another. Dead or alive. It ends tonight."

Reaper grins before he answers."You're right it does end tonight." He says as Al and I step closer. I notice a difference in Reaper's build and height. His voice is feminine. Before I can say something, Reaper attacks. Time seems to slow down as Reaper's scythe slices through Al's upper torso. As he hits the ground and Reaper turns back to me, I feel it begin. The dark spirit within me rises. My eyes go from silver to yellow, my wings become dragonlike and my mane turns to flame. I see the fear in Reaper's eyes as I rush him. Spinning on my left foot I knee him in the gut and follow through with a ki strike to the chest knocking Reaper into the wall. i hear the sound of his rips snap and puncture a lung. I'm already radioing dispatch as I turn to Al.

"Detective Wolfefang, Unit 13, to dispatch. Officer down, immediate medical attention needed at south side of Pier 13. Repeat officer down.

Dispatch. We copy. Medical unit en route. ETA 10 minutes...

"Hear that comrade. Help's on the way." I say kneeling beside him. "Hang in there for a bit."

"No can do Wolfe. The Pale Mare is coming for me." Al says with a sad smile. "Watch over my sister. Watch... over... Pinkie for ... me. And tell her I died defending the innocent." He says softly as death claims him. I pull my coat off and drape it over him as I hear a soft groan from behind me. I turn and Reaper has rolled onto his back, his hood partily covering his face, his mask beside him. I stand and walk to him before pushing the hood back. A gasp of surpise slips out as I see her face. I instantly think decoy.

"I'm not a decoy." she says, reading my mind. "I'm the second Reaper. The daughter of the first who you killed ten years ago today. He made it home before dying and I found him clutching a journal still wearing his costume. I became the Reaper to finish what he started. Take the journal. Do what you wish with it."

I look at her shocked before noticing the journal sticking out of her bag. I grab it as she looks to the ocean, "My father planned on giving you that when you caught him. Or I should say the Reaper." She says smiling before she fades.

I look at the journal in my hands before sticking it in my bag. As I stand I gently close her eyes, noticing her youth. She doesn't even have a cutie mark. It's sad really. I look to the skies as backup arrives. I think I understand why you continued your fathers legacy. To make him proud... I think to myself as the EMT's check Al.

~The Next Day, back at the station after Al's memorial service.~

I gave my resignation last night before I went home. Told the Chief I'd clear out mine and Al's lockers today. His memorial service ended half an hour ago. I had to stop by his place and grab the box from his closet before swinging by the station. As I walked towards the lockers everypony I pass has an air of depression over them. They all feel the pain of Al's passing. He will be missed greatly by all of the city.

I enter into the locker room and walk to mine and Al's locker, quickly opening them both. I pull the haversack I brought with me and open it before I start to empty our lockers. In the process I grab a picture of Al and his sister from before he came to Ponyopilus. I stare at it for a bit before sticking it in my coat pocket.

Once i finished clearing the lockers I close my bag and head out. As I'm leaving Chief SilverHawk calls me into her office one last time. "Wolfe, it's custom that a fallen officer's badge and uniform are taken to their closest blood family. Normally that would be a spouse or child but Rose requested they be taken to his sister." She says passing me Al's badge and uniform.

With a solenm nod I grab them and gently place them in my bag. I salute the Chief one final time before leaving. I step outside, toss my bag between my wings before streaching them before I launch myself into the air. I need time to think and flying has always been a good way to do so. It'll take three days to reach Ponyville...

-End Chapter One-

Author's Note:

I originally posted this on fanfiction.net. After hearing so much about this site I figured I'd add it here as well. I hope it is enjoyed. I own nothing but my OCs.