• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 612 Views, 22 Comments

The reaper file 1 - wolfefang



WolfeFang, Rainbow Dash's estranged older brother is hot on the trail of the Reaper along side Alomond 'Al' Pie. Will they catch him? And what dark seceret does Wolfe hold...Several OCs.

  • ...
48
 22
 612

Family Ties

I arrived in Ponyville just as the moon began to cross the heavens. I checked into an Inn twenty minutes ago to rest for the night before finding Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash tomorrow. In my fifthteen years on the Force I have told countless families that their loved ones were murder or killed on duty. I'll tell you it never gets easier. The devastion I've seen in their eyes makes me feel like shit. I hope I can do this one last time. End Entry.

The next morning I woke before dawn out of habit so I could meditate. As the sun rose over the western horizon and shone its light over the town I rose from my meditation and grabbed a quick shower. Three days since the last time I had a shower, and I had no intention of seeing Pinkie or my sister smelling to high hell. Once I got out I gave my mane I quick brush, grabbed an apple, and the haversack with Al's belongings in it before leaving. As I pass the front desk I drop a handful of bits on the counter and tell the clerk I'll be staying another night. The clerk nods and wishes me luck on my task, I give a chuckle and left with a wave.

Soon ater I begin my trek towards SugarCube Corner I spot Fluttershy, an old friend of my sister's, standing in front of a boutiqe. If I remember correctly, Fluttershy was extremly shy and scittish. This should be fun. I think to myself as I sneak up behind her,"How's it going Fluttershy?" I say poking her in the ribs causing her to 'eep' and jump in the air. When she lands she lands on her ass and looks up at me. "Wolfefang? Wha-What are you doing here?" She asks meekly as I give her a hand up.

"I'm here to see my sister and deliver some news to Pinkie." I answer once she's up and finished dusting herself off. "I used to work with her brother on the PPD."

"Used to? What happened?" She asks concerned.

With a sad smile I answer, "He died three days ago saving my life. We were on a case. His killer didn't live to see the next day."

Her eyes widen at my last comment, she reliezes it means I tapped into the dark spirit within me. Before she can say anything, a white mare with a purple mane and tail comes up and wraps her arms around Fluttershy's waist causing her to blush violently. "Who are you talking to, love?" The white pony asks staring at me.

I smirk as I detect a tone of posseivness in her voice. "Rar-Rarity! I asked you not to do that!" Fluttershy says. "This is Wolfefang, Rainbow's older brother."

"Rainbow's brother? I didn't know she had a brother." Rarity says surprised.

"Haha. I'm not surprised. She still mad bout my leaving home I take it?" I ask Fluttershy with a laugh.

Fluttershy smiles softly as she answers,"Yeah, she never got over you leaving the way you did. I mentioned you once and I thought she would rip me a new one." She says laughing.

"Really? Rainbow got that mad over just memtioning him?" Rarity asks with a laugh. "What did you do to piss her off?"

"I left her alone with our folks fifthteen years ago. Our dad ain't the easiest pony to deal with." I say shaking my head.

"Well, Wolfefang, it was nice to meet you but Fluttershy and I have a...prior engagement to get to." Rarity says nuzzleing Fluttershy's neck causing her to blush brightly. "If you'll excuse us."

"Oh of course. You two have fun." I say smirking as I step aside to let them pass. Once they've gone on their way heading towards Fluttershy's place, I resume my journey to see Pinkie. I walk for twenty minutes or so before Sugarcube Corner comes into view. I stop at the door and gather my nerves before stepping in. As soon as I do my senses are bombarded by the smell of fresh baked treats. Cake, pie, cookies, cupcakes and all manner of other delectable treats. Shaking my head to focus my mind back on the task at hand I spot a small out of the way booth in the corner. I walk over and take a seat, setting my bag next to me. Soon after a white unicorn mare with red highlights in her mane and tail approachs. "Hey there Sugar, never seen you round town."

"Just got in last night." I answer with a smile, noticing the Ponyopilus accent in her voice.

"Well then, welcome to Ponyville. Is there anything I can get ya?" She asks pulling out a pen and notepad.

So she's a waitress here. Convinent. "Well since ya asked, I'll have a slice of apple pie. And if ya don't mind could you let Pinkie Pie know I need to speak with her." I say with a gentle smile.

"Sure thing Sug. Anything else?" She asks with hint of curiousity at me request to see Pinkie but she doesn't push it.

"No, that's all I need. Thanks." I say. With a nod she heads off to the back. I watch as she leaves, admiring her body. Damn. I think to myself. She looks real good. Shame she ain't on the menu. I pause at that. Now I'm thinking like Al. That thought stunnes me somewhat before a smile crosses my face.

As I'm lost in my thoughts I fail to notice the pink blur that passes in front of me and the sudden appearance of a slice of apple pie until a voice in front of me makes jump out of my seat, getting laughs from the other customers. "Heya! Rayne said you wanted to talk to me?"

Hand over my heart, I tey to calm it before answering, "Bloody-a ya trying to give me a heartattack? Sheesh. Yeah. I worked with your brother on the PPD." I say as my heart rate returns to normal.

Pinkie gets serious immediately. "What happened?" She asks, her voice weighed down by grief.

I look to my bag for I moment before pulling the box with Al's belongings in it. Setting it on the table I push over to her before answering. "Al and I worked together on the Reaper case up until three days ago when we finally brought Reaper down. Al sacrificed himself to save me."

She sits holding the box in her hands before carefully opening it as she listens to my story. The first thing she pulls out is his uniform and badge, quickly followed by a locket Al had specially made for her, one side contained a picture of her from right after she got her cutie mark and the other side contain a picture of Rose and Ruby. I watch in silence as tears begin to roll down her cheeks as she stares at the locket and it's contents. "He kept that locket on him everywhere he went, except the night he died." I say as I pull the picture from Al's locker out of my pocket. "Along with this." I say sliding the picture over to her.

She takes the picture as more tears slowly fall to the table."This- This was the last picture we took together. He kept it all this time?" She says with a smile. nodding, I hand her a hankerchief I keep with me, gratefully she takes it and dries the tears from her face. "Thank you. From coming out here to tell me what happened." She says slipping the locket around her neck. After a moment of silence she asks me, "What should I do? Should I mourn his lost?"

"No." I answer simply causeing her to look at me funny. "Your brother wouldn't want you to mourn him. He would want to be celebrated. Remembered for who he was in life."

As she thinks on what I said, a smile spreads across her face. "I'll throw a party. To his life." She says determinedly. "Wait, will you be there?"

"Of course. I have something else to do here." I say looking towards Sweet Apple Acres. "I'm here to see my sister, Rainbow Dash." I say glancing at her out of the corner of my eye.

A big smile spreads across her face at that. "Your Dashie's brother?" She asks excitedly. "That's great! I never knew she had a brother?"

"Yeah well she's mad at me for leaving home fifthteen years ago." I say with a small smile.

"Oh. Well I should go and prepare for the party. Tommorrow at Sweet Apple Acres. OK?" She says getting up. I nod in comfirmation before she bounces off. Shaking my head at her boundless energy, I turn to my now cold pie before I scarf it down. Once done I grab my bag and drop some bits on the table before leaving. I step outside and launch myself in the air heading towards Sweet Apple Acres watching the terrian blur by below. It takes all of three minutes at full speed to arrive at the farm, where I touch down in front of the house as a well built red stallion steps out the door.

"Hoy there! I'm looking for Rainbow Dash. Heard she was here." I say in a friendly tone.

"Eeyup." He says as his stance changes. Becomes defensive. A change only a cop or somepony with military training would notice. "Why ya lookin' for her?"

I'm not surprised by his hostillity. "Name's Wolfefang. I'm Rainbow's brother, been out west working the Reaper case." I say with a soft smile. "Trying to rekindle my relationship with my sister."

He relaxes slightly at that. "Yeah she's here. She's out back in the barn with my sister, Applejack." He says with a smile. "Ya may wanna knock first. Can't say if they're decent or not. Name's Big Macintosh by the way. Big Mac to friends and family."

"Pleasure to meet you Mac. And thanks for the heads up." I say with a quick nod. As I head towards the barn, a thought crosses my mind. "By the way, Pinkie Pie's brother passed a few days ago. I think you could give her the emotional support she needs." His response is instant, he stutters and stumbles back slightly his red fur turning redder. I hear him swear under his breath as I walk away. By the time he recovers I've already reached the barn. I hear him start walking towards Ponyville. Turning towards the door with a smirk I hear voices from inside, one of reach I recognize instantly as my sister's. The other I guess is Applejack's. I focus my sense of hearing on what they're saying.

"Somethin's buggin' ya sugarcube. What is it? Ya know ya can tell me." I hear Applejack's voice say.

I hear Dash sigh before answering. "I know AJ. It's- it's just I dreamt about my brother last night. About the night he left home." She says with another heavy sigh. "It's been bugging me all day."

There's silence for a moment before Applejack speaks up. "Well hon, if ya ask me I think your mind is telling you ya need to get in touch with him."

Wel, seems now is the time. I think to myself before ponding a fist on the door. "Oy Rainbow! I damn well hope ya'll are decent in there!" I yell before pushing the door open. Thankfully both of them are dressed.

Her reaction was as I expected. She went from shock to anger to joy then right back to anger. She used a very colorful umm vocabulary. I won't repeat them because even I was left disturbed by them and I've heard every obscenity in the book but never used like that. Immediatly after she walks up to me and slaps me before wrapping her arms around me in a powerful hug. "You're back. You came back to me." She says crying.

Returning her hug I pick her up and spin her around before setting her back down a smile on both our faces as a lone tear escapes my eye. "Yeah baby sis, I'm back for good. " I say causing her to pull back in stunned silence. "I've retired from the Force three days ago. After my partner and I finished our last case."

"You're serious?" She asks stunned. "I thought it was always your dream to be a detective."

"It was. And I made it a reality. Now I plan on making my other dream a reality." I say smiling. "I'm gonna open that jewerly store I talked about back when."

"A jewerly store? You don't look like the type to own a store like that." AJ says coming up behind Rainbow putting an arm around her shoulders.

I can't help but laugh at that. Not first time somepony thought that. "Hey now, I'm very talented with my hands. I can make all manner of trinkets." I say thinking about the locket and ring I made for Al at his request. "Though unfortantly I can't say I came here on a completly positive note. I had some bad news to deliver to Pinkie." I say sadly.

They both look at me confused until Rainbow asks, "What news?"

I walk over to the door and lean againist the frame looking towards the sky. "My partner was Almond "Al" Pie, Pinkie Pie's older brother. He was killed by the Reaper." I answer with a heavy sigh '

and sad smile. "She's having a party to remember him by tomorrow. She plans on having it here. I'm sure she'll tell you before it happens."

"Tch. Figures. Volenteers my farm wit out askin me." AJ says in mock annoyace. "It's fine. She can have it here."

"How she take it?" Rainbow asks, concern lacing her voice.

"Not bad. Though I think she'll be just fine." I say with a devious smile. "I may have 'suggested' to Big Mac that he should go support her."

"Wolfe! You're playing matchmaker again, aren't you?" Rainbow asks lightly punchung me in the arm.

"A little, perhaps." I answer. "Oh come off it, we all know they love eachother, neither wants to make the first move though."

"Yea, that is true. That brother of mine sure can be stubborn." AJ says with a smile.

Getting serious for a moment, I look at Dash and AJ,"So how long you two been an item?" I ask with a smile.

They both blush before Dash answers, "Almost a year now. Mom and dad don't know and I'd rather keep it that way." She says fixing me with a glare.

"Don't you be threanting me baby sis. We both know I can pin you no time flat." I say with a smirk. "Well I should go." I say looking at the sky. "It's getting late. And I need some rest. Meeting Pinkie wore me out."

That makes AJ and Dash laugh at as we part ways. I quickly take to the skies as soon as I step out the door and head straight for the inn I'm staying at.