• Published 15th Dec 2014
  • 256 Views, 0 Comments

The Elements of The Hero - Mr Review



A Tale that tells the story of the Crystal Empire and of the creation of the Tree of Harmony.

  • ...
 0
 256

Chapter 5: Freedom's Shackles

A sharp pain flew through Flash's body as he was being dragged across the ground. A sharp cracked voice called to his captures. "Careful you idiots! This is ... precious cargo I am intrusting you with." With that, his captures made it so that he no longer dragged. This eased the pain, but only slightly. Flash awoke hours later, his back tied to a pole held horizontal by two other posts. His wounds were bandaged roughly around the middle of his body covering his wings. He could barely see through the darkness and the pain. All he could make out was Apple and Gadget in similar positions. He could also see many small figures and in their blur, he saw a significantly taller and more slender female figure. Flash tried to pretend to stay "blacked out" in order to keep from being noticed.

"Well, I see you are up." The tall figure said jokingly. Flash's illusion had not worked. The creature had noticed him. Whispers flew through the crowd of observers. Flash looked to the other two to see that they were up and looking at him. There expressions were scared and they looked to him for an answer, when in reality, Flash was just as scared and in a worst condition than him. Flash turned away from his friends and to their captures. "What do you want with us?" His voice was broken and weak, but he was still able to assert himself with anger. The figures were taken back with his strength through all his pain. However, the tall figure stood firm. A small chuckle came from her. "You really think this is about us?" The figure was acting surprised, but after that, her voice went lower and more sinister. "No, my friend ... this is about you." Gadget looked terrified and Apple looked as if strong, but Flash knew see was still terrified, it was showing through her eyes, she was afraid of these creatures. "If only I had the strength that Applewood possesses." Flash thought. "If only ..."

Anger shot through him as he throughout that this was about the trio. "Freedom." The tall figure started confusing the tied up ponies. "Everypony thinks that it is ... free?"

"Well, it's in the name!" Applewood called out disrespectfully. The figure glared at her and slowly trotted over to Applewood. Once it was in the small amount of light showing through the trees, it was slightly easier to see what she looked light. All they could see was her dark aqua mane and glowing green eyes. After scanning Apple she smirked saying "Well, soon you will learn..." She started, were horn glowing a light green horn showed a cracked horn and pitch black coat. A rock flew over to the figure. See examined the rock closely and started striking Apple across the face many times before shouting at her. "NOT ... TO ... DIS ... RE ... SPECT ... A ... QUEEN!" Blood flew from every hit. The figure now stared at the bloodstained rock before dropping it. She slowly retreated to the shadows.

"Now that I have proved my point." The beat up Applewood spat blood towards the figure in anger. Apple, trough all the pain stood firm.The figure looked surprised to see only two ponies tied up instead of three. "Scan the forest!" The figure yelled startling the crowd. "Don't stop looking until you find him."

"Come on guys, I loosened the ropes, you can escape." Gadget's voice called. The two captives snapped the ropes and escaped through the woods. "STOP!" The figure called to the small figures scanning the forest. "Let them escape. Let them find out that freedom will soon be shackled." The trio trotted through the forest, Fire Flash helping Applewood, whose face was bloody and bruised. "I found someone who can help us." Gadget began. "She lives near the foul mountains, she is a unicorn who studied under Starswirl." I think she may be one of the three others we need. I think she may be the eye."

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter took so long, I worked on unsuccessful projects and only now returned to this.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment