• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 2,177 Views, 32 Comments

The True Meaning of Christmas - Probably Minion



Twilight rejoins her friends from CHS to celebrate Christmas.

  • ...
4
 32
 2,177

Chapter 5: The True Meaning of Christmas

"Ok girls. Now I want to have a group discussion about the true meaning of Christmas. I figured we might as well talk about since we're all here together on the night of Christmas Eve and Santa Claus is supposed to arrive here within the next few hours." said Rarity.

"Go ahead what do you have to say?" asked Fluttershy.

"Well as you may know Christmas is considered the most wonderful time of the year for good reason. It's a time of year in which people gather to spend time with their family and friends and share the joy of the holiday season. However, unfortunately some people aren't as fortunate as us and in some cases don't have enough time or money to buy gifts or spend time with their loved ones. We're fortunate enough to be together here at Pinkie's house celebrating Christmas as a group and to have Twilight and the Rainbow Dash from her world to be joining us." said Rarity.

"Well said sis!" said Sweetie Belle.

"Can I add on to what you said Rarity?" asked Applejack.

"Absolutely, go right ahead." said Applejack.

"I one hundred percent agree with everything Rarity said about Christmas. However it may not seem like it but Christmas is a very sad time for me, Big Mac, and Applebloom." said Applejack.

Applebloom then got up and hugged Applejack really hard and started crying.

"Christmas is rough time of the year for me because when I was eighth grade and I was living in Auburn before I moved up here, on Christmas Eve, my parents went out to dinner that night so they could spend time together. As they were driving home, their car hit a pothole and the car flipped over and they were killed instantly. As soon as we found out we out, we couldn't do anything but cry because our parents were gone. The day after Christmas that year, me, Big Mac, and Applebloom said goodbye to our native home of Auburn, Alabama and moved with Granny Smith up here near CHS. Ever since, every night on Christmas Eve, we usually put all the presents under the tree and pray for about 2 hours in remembrance of my parents. I'm just thankful and fortunate enough that my granny lived right near the best high school in the world and that I have the 6 best friends anyone could have." said Applejack with tears running her face.

Everyone in the room got up and hugged Applejack after she just explained the events of what was the worst night of her life.

"I'm sorry about your loss Applejack. I'm sure your parents are looking over you everyday and motivating you to push through any obstacles you may face." said Twilight.

"Yeah. That's the main thing that keeps me motivated. I just sometimes wonder what would have happened if my parents didn't get killed in that car crash and I never moved up here." said Applejack.

"Oh darling. Don't worry about that! We're all friends and we got each others' backs no matter what happens." said Rarity.

"Thanks girls." said Applejack.

"Can I say something next?" asked Fluttershy.

"Sure. Go ahead." said Rarity.

"Ok so as you may know there are some people out there that aren't as generous and thankful for what they have. Some people think Christmas is just about getting gifts and having more possessions. Those people get on my nerve and sometimes I want to yell at them and tell them to be less greedy and more thankful for what they have. I know it may be tough at first for kids who are about as old as Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle to realize that Christmas isn't just about getting more toys but we have to realize that in an instant it could all be taken away from us and we could be left with almost nothing at all. It's also a great feeling to share the holiday spirit with the people with love." said Fluttershy.

"Oh oh oh oh, like what we're doing right now?" asked Scootaloo.

"Exactly. I'll admit I myself had a hard time understanding that Christmas was really about and there was a time in my life where I assumed all the people were doing at my house were bringing me more toys. As I got older, I came to realize that the most important thing about Christmas is the time you spend with your family and friends. While we're on the topic, I'd like to thank Pinkie for coming up with the idea for having a slumber party on Christmas Eve and inviting Twilight to join us for what I think is her first Christmas." said Fluttershy.

"Yep no problem." said Pinkie.

"Can I add something as well?" asked Twilight.

"Absolutely." said Rarity.

"As you may know, my real home is in Equestria which is on the other side of the portal. At around this time of year, we celebrate a holiday similar to Christmas called Hearth's Warming Eve. It's a holiday in which ponies of all kinds from around Equestria gather to celebrate the beginning of winter and to see their loved ones. About two years ago, me, Rainbow Dash, Spike, and our four other friends were given the honor of running the reenactment of the time when the three types of ponies united as one and ended the grudges held against each other. It was a big honor and I hope to do it again one day." said Twilight.

"Yeah I know right! I had the best costume out of the five of us!" said pony Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow please, will you stop bragging about that?!?! I got sick of that a long time ago." said Twilight.

"Oh yeah sorry! Continue what you were saying." said pony Rainbow Dash.

"What I'm trying to say is I'll never be able to tell you how thankful and fortunate I am for you giving me the opportunity to be with you guys especially around this time of year. I am having the time of my life so far and looking forward to another great day tomorrow. Thank you once again for not only inviting me but also for allowing me to bring one of my friends from my side of the portal to celebrate this great holiday with us." said Twilight.

Everyone then got together and had a big group hug that lasted about two minutes. They ended up having smaller conversations for about an hour until about 10:00 PM.

"Ok girls let's go hit the hay. I bet Santa will be here any minute now and I don't he'd want anyone seeing him while he's putting our presents under the tree." said Applejack.

"Sounds good to me." said Rarity and they headed up to bed in anticipation of the arrival of Santa Claus.