• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 1,779 Views, 147 Comments

A Gizmonk in Ponyville - Moheart7



When Apple Bloom discovers a strange creature injured in the Everfree Forest, it isn't long before the Apple Family have a new house-guest in the form of a Gizmonk named Goggles

  • ...
5
 147
 1,779

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - Dog and Monkey Show

“You mean to tell me that cutesy-animal routine has all been just an act!?!”

Applejack’s words were so loud that almost every pony within a 1-mile radius heard her, but she didn’t care. If there was one thing Applejack absolutely hated it was a liar, and at this point she saw Goggles fitting that description perfectly. However Goggles knew he couldn’t just stand where he was taking Applejack’s scolding when he knew there was still an emergency going on.

“Yes but I don’t think it matters at this point!” he shouted back, snapping out of his state of fear. “Look, Apple Bloom, Silver Spoon and I were collecting gems on the outskirts of town when a bunch of paws burst out from underground and grabbed them! I tried to help, but they pulled the girls underground!”

Applejack listened intently upon hearing mention of her little sister, as Goggle proceeded to explain the situation, her face became blanketed with terror. Suddenly Rarity’s eyes widened with realisation.

“Diamond Dogs!” she gasped.

“You know them?” Goggles asked.

“Let’s just say we’ve had experience in the matter,” Rarity growled, the memory still burning on her mind.

Now that she mentioned it, Goggles did recall Apple Bloom mentioning something about Rarity’s experience with Diamond Dogs earlier. He may not have met them himself, but he was now certain that it had to be the same creatures from the way Rarity’s expression appeared.

“You bet we did,” Pinkie Pie added cheerfully. “I simply loved all the running, and the chasing, and the digging the holes, and Holy Moly, was there a lotta holeys!”

“PINKIE!” Rarity, Applejack, and Goggles snapped simultaneously, silencing her instantly.

Ignoring Pinkie Pie’s usual outburst of hyperactivity, Applejack went back on subject.

“If it was the Diamond Dogs then they must have taken the girls back to their underground lair,” she said, fire in her eyes as she spoke.

“Then what are we standing around here for!?!” Goggles said as he turned back towards the way he came. “We gotta go get them!”

However before he even ran two feet, Applejack stamped onto his tail and held him back.

“YOU are going back to the farm, Goggles!” she snapped.

“What!?!” Goggles gasped, not believing what he was hearing. “But why?”

“Because not only have you kept secrets from us, but you have also put my little sister in danger,” Applejack answered angrily as she walked past him. “You’ve done enough damage for one day, come on girls!

And with that final word, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie ran off towards the edge of town.

“Applejack wait!!!” Goggles screamed, but to no avail as all three ponies disappeared into the distance.

Once Applejack and her friends were gone, Goggles state of panic quickly began to return to him, only worse considering the fact that he had only just now realised that he had blurted out the fact that he was able to speak in the middle of a crowded area. However even as a mass of ponies began staring at him, some with their mouths agape, some whispering amongst themselves, Goggles mind remained fixated on what to do about Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon.

“Oh Scrap-Bunnies, this is bad!” he grumbled to himself, clutching his head. “Okay Goggles, think, think! THINK!!!”

He then proceeded to slam his fists into his head hoping to come up with some sort of idea, after a few brief seconds, the orb at the end of his tail it up.

“I got it!” he announced. “Hang on kiddos, Goggles is on the way!”

He then made a quick dash back towards Sweet Apple Acres, running so fast that he left a cloud of dust blowing into every pony’s face.

#

“You sure this is the right way Rarity?” Applejack asked through heavy breaths before she and her two friends stopped running towards a nearby cave.

The area the three ponies ran to was definitely familiar, the earthy surface beneath their hooves was still the same as before, and even the cave itself remained unchanged.

“Absolutely,” Rarity said, gazing upon her surroundings. “This is definitely the same cavern we came out of the last time we ran into those brutes, it should lead us directly into that musky lair of theirs.

“Then let’s hop to it!” Pinkie Pie announced as she happy bounced ahead of the other two.

With a confident look and a strong nod between each other, Rarity and Applejack followed her inside.

#

Meanwhile, deep inside the underground caverns beneath the earth, there was an argument in progress. As Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon cowered by the gem-encrusted wall, the three Diamond Dogs towering above them were shooting their mouths off. One was a medium-sized dog, and was the leader of the trio, named Rover, the second was a large-sized one named Fido and the third was a small, bulldog-like creature named Spot. And at that moment all three Diamond Dogs had looks of pure scorn directed at each other.

“YOU NIMRODS!!!” Rover snapped at his two partners. “You numskulls grabbed the wrong ones!”

“Well it was YOU’RE idea to just grab them without looking!” Fido snapped back.

“Yeah, what kind of stupid plan was that?” Spot added.

“A plan that would have worked if you two would have been where I told you to dig!” Rover snarled. Now thanks to you idiots’ stupid sense of direction, we’re stuck here with two small ponies!”

“Well then we can just put them to work!” Spot pointed out, much to the terror of the two fillies, who were listening into the conversation.

“HOW!?!” Rover retorted. “They’re so small, they won’t even be able to pull the carts! They’re USELESS!”

“HEY!” Apple Bloom yelled, she may have been scared but regardless she was still insulted by Rover’s comment.

“Oh shut up!” Rover growled, staring down at the two.

Apple Bloom cringed under his gaze and stepped back, she may have been insulted but she was also smart enough not to get her kidnappers angry.

“We might as well let them go then,” Fido sighed. “Not much point keeping them around.”

That would have been a big relief for the two scared fillies, however Rover only chuckled at that remark.

“Oh yes, that’s a brilliant plan,” he said sarcastically. “And then they’ll go running back to their mommies and bring them back here, no doubt with that whining pony in tow. You idiot!”

Upon those words, Silver Spoon and Apple Bloom looked at each other with confusion.

“They must be talking about Miss Rarity,” Silver Spoon whispered, making sure the dogs didn’t hear her.

“Sounds like they’re scared of her or something,” Apple Bloom whispered back.

Indeed they was a definite look of terror upon the Diamond Dogs’ faces, Apple Bloom may not have gotten the full details as to what happened with Sweetie Belle’s big sister, but she was sure that whatever happened certainly got these guys spooked.

“There is no way I am going through that torture again, Fido!” Rover growled, pointing a clawed finger at the large Diamond Dog’s nose. “My ears still ache from the last time she was here!”

“But won’t ponies eventually come looking for them anyway?” Spot argued, slapping Rover’s paw away from Fido. “I’m pretty sure someone is bound to miss them.”

“Yeah,” Fido added. “And that silver one looks like one of those rich ponies, you can tell by looking at the pearls she’s wearing.”

Needless to say, Silver Spoon’s eyes widened with terror as all three Diamond Dogs looked down at her, luckily Apple Bloom there to place her hoof around her to stop her from crying. However Apple Bloom’s comfort only did so much as suddenly the cogs in Rover’s brain started to turn, a grin creepily spreading across his face as a twisted idea popped into his head.

“A rich pony eh?” he chuckled, sinisterly. “Maybe these ponies might be worth something after all.”

“What do you mean Rover?” Fido asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rover face-palmed at that.

“Think about it!” he snapped. “If the silver one really IS a rich pony, then I’ll bet her mummy and daddy will pay handsomely to get her back, and by handsomely I mean Geeeeeemmmmmmms!”

Both Fido’s and Spot’s eyes then widened with realisation, finally understanding the meaning of Rover’s words.

“Oooooooohhhhhhh, Gems!” they said simultaneously, their mouths salivating that the very thought of the precious stones.

Suddenly, Rover’s attentions were now completely on Silver Spoon, who could only look back up at him in terror as she couldn’t back up against the wall anymore.

“Now then,” he smirked, leaning down towards her. “How should we do this? Perhaps we snip off a bit of hair and send it to her home first?”

“No wait! Please!!!” Silver Spoon pleaded.

“Leave her alone!” Apple Bloom added as Rover reached his paw towards them.

Suddenly the caved echoed with another voice.

“Get you’re stinking paws off my sister’s friend, you darn dirty dog!” it said with a familiar sounding accent.

“Huh?” all three dogs, exclaimed, turning around to see the owner of the voice.

Sure enough, the owner of the voice, and Silver Spoon and Apple Bloom’s rescuers had appeared before them in all her sisterly glory. As Applejack glared upon the Diamond Dogs with rarity and Pinkie Pie by her side, Silver Spoon and Apple Bloom couldn’t help but beam back at them with a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

“You vile beasts!” Rarity scorned, glowering upon her former kidnappers. “How dare you kidnap innocent fillies!?!”

“Needless to say that upon seeing Rarity, all three Diamond Dogs’ eyes widened with terror.

“Aaahhh!!!! It’s that whining pony again!” Rover shrieked. “Quick, the earplugs!!!

Not needling to be told twice, all three Diamond Dogs each quickly took out a pair of ear-plugs from their vest pockets and stuck them in their ears, only to have that fall out seconds later due to the amount of wax built-up in their ears. Upon that display, all ponies simply looked at them with confusion and a slight bit of disgust.

“Honestly now?” Rarity deadpanned.

Deciding to ignore that obviously awkward moment, Apple Bloom called out to her sister/

“Applejack!” she cried.

“Apple Bloom! Silver Spoon! Are you okay?” Applejack responded.

“Let them go, you mongrels,! Rarity added.

“And you can apologise too!” Pinkie Pie Chirped in. ”Seriously you kidnap some pony and don’t even give them any snacks while they wait for their rescuers!?! What kind of hosts are you!?!”

Of course, Pinkie’s words confused the trio of Diamond Dogs, who looked back at her with puzzled looks upon their faces.

“Uuuhhh?” Spot exclaimed, not really knowing what else to say.

Suddenly Rover snapped back into reality.

“Oh for crying out loud!” he snarled, astounded by comrades stupidity as he swiftly grabbed Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon by their tails.

“GIRLS!!!” Applejack shrieked, fearing what Rover was planning to do with her little sister.

“Now we don’t want any trouble,” Rover growled sinisterly as he held up both girls in front of him. “All we want is… the monkey.”

However the reaction rover got was not what he expected, instead of looks of terror all he got were more looks of confusion, even from his comrades.

“Rover, what are you doing?” Spot asked.

“Yeah, I thought we were gonna ask for gems,” Fido added, scratching his head.

“What does it look like numskull!?!” Rover snapped. “I’m trying to make a deal here.”

However everyone still remained confused, even Pinkie Pie seemed to not get the idea yet.

“A monkey?” she said scratching her head with her hoof. “That’s a weird thing to ask for isn’t it? I would probably understand better if you wanted cake, or chocolate or even those little…”

“No! We want the monkey!” Rover snapped again, only this time even louder. “You know, blue fur, about yay tall, looks like nerd…”

“You want Goggles!?!” Apple Bloom gasped.

“Why on earth would you want Goggles?” Rarity added.

Rover may not have known Goggles’ name before now, but by the way the ponies reacted, he knew instantly that they were all talking about the same creature. Satisfied that everyone was now on the same page, he began to explain.

“It’s simple,” he said. “The Monkey-thing stays here with us, he then makes us those toys of his, and we use them on our mines. You get your little ponies back, and we get tons of precious gems, nice and easy.”

“Ooh, good thinking Rover.” Fido praised his leader.

“Yeah, very brainy.” Spot added.

“So what do you say ponies?” Rover asked, grinning inanely As the thought of all the possible gems filled his mind. “You bring us that blue monkey, and we’ll let the little ones go free.”

However every pony only gasped in horror upon Rover’s demand, especially Pinkie Pie, who had pulled a drink out of her hair, only to drink some and spit it out for emphasis on the drama.

“WHAT!?!” she shrieked.” You bunch of meanies! We would never trade a dear friend like that! Nu-uh, no way, no sir, no thank you, non, nein, NEVER!!!”

“Quite right,” Rarity added, furiously. “If you think that we’re just going to give someone over you to you then you’re sadly mistaken.”

“Darn right we won’t!” Applejack included, much to the big surprise of the Diamond Dogs, considering that one of the ponies they had was her little sister. “Apple Bloom may be my baby sister, but ah know for a fact that she’d never forgive me if we gave you Goggles just like that. Even if he is a little liar.”

Of course that last part she merely mumbled under her breath so that Apple Bloom couldn’t hear her, however the words Apple Bloom did hear made her smile with pride, she may have been terrified and her blood was already rushing to her head from being held upside down by Rover, but seeing her big sister defend not only her but Goggles as well made her heart glow.

“You tell em, Big Sis!” she cheered.

“Yeah!” Silver Spoon added, sharing Apple Bloom’s care and enthusiasm.

However upon hearing Applejack’s answer, Rover only growled with fury, if there was one thing the Diamond Dogs hated more than Rarity’s whining, it was not getting what they wanted.

“Well then,” he growled furiously. “I guess we’ll just have to keep these little ponies here forever won’t we?”

Rover then turned to run down towards a nearby escape tunnel, however before he or his comrades could move Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie rushed over towards them and blocked their path.

“Why you…” Rover snarled as he clenched his free hand into a fist, ready to fight his way through the Earth Pony.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie stepped back at this, but Applejack didn’t even flinch, whatever it took to save her sister, she was willing to do anything, even if it meant beating these arrogant Diamond Dogs to a pulp. However before anyone else could even move another inch, the entire cavern echoed with one loud call.

“HEY!!!”

Instantly reacting, everyone turned their heads to try and find the source of the voice, the fact that it didn’t come from any of them being obvious.

“Who said that!?!” Fido called out, almost spooked by the non-presence of the new voice.

“I did, you mangy mutt!” the voice shouted in response.

Now receiving a clearer sound from the voice, everyone turned their heads towards the direction that Applejack and her friends came from. What they saw made their eyes widen with surprise, as a shadowy silhouette of a certain Gizmonk came making their way towards them from the darkness.

“G…Goggles?” Apple Bloom stuttered.

Indeed it was Goggles, a scornful glare upon his face and what appeared to be a small, Gizmonk-sized briefcase in his right paw. As he got closer towards the group, the ponies noticed that as his features became more clear, he didn’t really look like the cute little Gizmonk that have come to know, as he glared upon the Diamond Dogs with the burning fire in his eyes, they saw something different, something that made him look… dominant. Of course it was no surprise to Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie that he was the one who spoke, however to Apple Bloom, Silver Spoon and the Diamond Dogs it was quite the shock.

“You… you can talk?” Apple Bloom stuttered, still trying to absorb what she was witnessing.

“Yeah, I know it’s shocking,” Goggles replied sarcastically as he continued his way towards the Diamond Dogs. “The cute little family pet is capable of speech, go figure.”

“I don’t believe it,” Silver Spoon gasped, her head spinning as she too tried to make sense of what was going on.

“Believe it kiddo, it talks! But never mind that now,” he chuckled before stopping in front of the leader of the Diamond Dogs, putting on a mischievous smile as he addressed him. “Look, Rover was it? Now I’m sure you’re a smart fellow, perhaps we can come to some sort of deal of our own. Maybe NOT get these innocent ponies involved!”

Rover couldn’t believe what he was seeing, was this creature, an animal that was only a fraction of his size, seriously trying to negotiate with him?

“Don’t try to be smart with us Monkey!” he snapped, tightening his grip on the fillies’ tails. “These little ones are the main reason we are even having this little talk, and YOU are the only thing we want in exchange for them.”

Goggles then sighed and placed his briefcase down on the floor of the cave, crossing his harms with an irritated look upon his face.

“Well I’m sorry to disappoint but as you can already figure out from every Pony’s reaction, I am not for sale,” he said. “But perhaps you and I can arrange some sort of substitution?”

Rover only laughed at that.

“Oh really?” he chuckled. “Well if you aren’t willing to come with us, then what ARE you willing to trade for them?”

This time it was Goggle who chuckled.

“Oh come now,” he said. “You and I both know what this whole situation is REALLY about, what you dogs crave above all else… gems! And lots of them!”

This statement not only caught the Diamond Dogs’ attention, but also every pony else’s, even now that they knew he was capable of speech, Goggles still managed to boggle their minds.

“And I’m not just talking about trading or digging for them,” he continued. “What if I told you that I know a way to get you Diamond Dogs all the gems you could ever want and more?”

“Goggles what y’all talking about?” Applejack asked with a raised eyebrow, confused as anyone else who had been listening to the Gizmonk’s ramblings.

Goggles merely grinned at that question as though he were waiting to be asked it, he then turned back towards the briefcase he had set down.

“Watch and observe,” he said opening the briefcase.

Everyone then found themselves watching intently as Goggle proceeded to take something out of the briefcase, at this point the atmosphere had become so tense that no one could do anything else. What Goggles took out of the case was a small glass vial containing what appeared to be a pure white liquid, while everyone else remained confused, only Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon knew what the vial’s contents were since they bore witness to its creation earlier that day.

“Normally my field of work would consist of creating mechanical gizmos, but this little doozy is the result of my newest reaches into science,” Goggles explained as he held up the vial for all to see. “After some experimentation and research into the books of the local library, I happened to come across a formula for a potion that will allow the growth of plants. However I managed to fiddle around with the mixture a bit so that it would be able to make anything grow.”

However this explanation only went over everyone else’s head, especially the Diamond Dogs, who were the least bright of the lot.

“What’s the strange Monkey-thing talking about?” Fido asked, scratching his chin.

“Yeah, what are you talking about?” Rover added, his eye narrowing at the sight of the vial.

“Goggles?” Applejack said, her gaze trying to find a way to demand a clear answer from the Gizmonk.

Upon hearing these words, Goggles once again grinned.

“Perhaps a demonstration is in order,” he said calmly “PINKIE!”

Upon hearing her name, Pinkie Pie instantly appeared right next to Goggles, causing the Diamond Dogs some confusion since she used to be on the other side of them seconds earlier.

“Yes Goggles?” Pinkie Pie answered with her usual smile.

“May I borrow a gem please?” Goggles asked politely.

“Okie Dokie Loki,” Pinkie answered cheerfully as she pulled out a sapphire from her curly mane, why she even had something like that in her hair was anyone’s guess.

“Someone want to tell me what is going on?” Spot whispered, leaning in towards Rarity and Applejack, who only shrugged in response since they were as confused as he was.

Everyone then watched intently as Goggles took the sapphire from Pinkie and placed it on the floor, he then removed the cork from the vial and turned his head towards Rover.

“This is what I’m offering dog-boy,” he said, narrowing his eye. “All it takes is one drop of this liquid, and this one sapphire will grow into something much more impressive.”

Rover’s eye then widened with realisation, with Goggles had just said, he was now able to put 2 and 2 together and understand where he was coming from.

“The… the gem will grow big?” he sputtered, his mouth watering as his greed began to grow in his mind.

“It will grow VERY big!” Goggles said with a smirk as he raised the vial over the gem.

Before anyone could say another word, Goggles tilted the vial and let a single drop fall onto the sapphire, which in turn began to glow and shake violently upon coming into contact with the strange substance. Upon seeing this, Goggles’ eyes widened with tension, as did Silver Spoon’s and Apple Bloom’s for all three of them had a strong feeling as to what was going to happen next.

“Now you all might want to step back,” Goggles said nervously as he crept around the shaking gem, towards Rover. “I haven’t quite tested it yet.”

“Say what now?” Rover responded, snapping back to reality for a moment after being captivated by the magical display occurring.

Suddenly everything seemed to happen all at once, with one quick movement Goggles jumped onto Rover’s face and poked him in both eyes, causing him to scream in pain as he dropped Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon to clutch his eyes in agony. Upon being freed, the two fillies suddenly found themselves thrown to the ground as the sapphire exploded into a massive ball of blue light and smoke accompanied by a massive bang that shook the entire cavern.

PreviousChapters Next