• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 1,776 Views, 147 Comments

A Gizmonk in Ponyville - Moheart7



When Apple Bloom discovers a strange creature injured in the Everfree Forest, it isn't long before the Apple Family have a new house-guest in the form of a Gizmonk named Goggles

  • ...
5
 147
 1,776

Chapters Next
Prologue - A New Arrival

Running, that was all that he could remember from that night. The darkness of the trees surrounding him as the pack of Timberwolves were chasing him down, ready to chomp down on his scrawny hide. Suddenly chance decided to intervene and provided the poor soul a means of escape from the hungry beasts, one quick jump off a cliff later and he found himself being washed away by the rushing current of the waterfall. The last thing the poor creature heard that night were the angry howls of the disappointed Timberwolves after witnessing their snack evade their jaws.

#

“Zecora?” Apple Bloom said, tapping her hoof against the door of Zecora’s hut. “Zecora, ah’m here for the potion making lesson. Hello?

It was then that she suddenly noticed the note next to Zecora’s door, which read:

Have left my hut to pick some wild spice,
Please come back later if you wish to ask for advice.

“Oh great,” Apple Bloom groaned, turning away in a disappointed huff. “Now what am ah supposed to… what in tarnation?”

Apple Bloom’s ears then perked up as they picked up a strange sound coming from the nearby bushes, she knew full well of the dangers of the Everfree Forest but there was something about this noise that seemed a little strange to her. It was almost as though something or someone was groaning in pain.

“What in the name of Celestia was that?” Apple Bloom puzzled as she turned towards the direction of the noise. “Hello, is somepony there?”

But all she heard in response was the same muffled groaned emerging from the shrubbery in front of her. Curious as she was, she carefully edged her way towards it, ready to run if it were something dangerous. Just to be on the safe side, she also picked up a nearby stick in her mouth for protection.

“Ah… ah’m warning ya,” she said nervously. “I’ll knock ya senseless with this thing.”

But when Apple Bloom finally pushed away the leaves of the bush, she was met with a shocking site that mad her drop her stick. Lying there on the damp grass beneath the bush was a creature that Apple Bloom had never seen before, it looked like the monkeys Fluttershy looked after in her cottage but it was different in so many ways, for one thing it’s fur was a gentle shade of blue, topped with a patch of ruby red hair on it’s head, not only that but it had a strange orb at the tip of its tail, two small buck teeth producing from its top lip plus it wore a small purple vest along with a pair of dark green goggles on top of its head. However despite this creature’s appearance, what captured Apple Bloom’s attention most of all was the fact that it was hurt, it was hurt badly. Not only was it completely soaked, but bruises completely covered the poor monkey’s body and its left leg was completely twisted out of place. From what Apple Bloom could guess, the poor creature must have washed up from the nearby river and somehow managed to crawl here before collapsing in pain. It was then that compassion overwhelmed Apple Bloom’s fear and she scooped up the poor monkey up onto her back, she may have been small but the monkey was very light and wasn’t too big for her to carry.

“Don’t ya worry now little critter,” she said as she began to walk down the path leading out of the Everfree Forest. “Ah know someone who can help ya.”

#

“Fluttershy!” Apple Bloom called out as she quickly banged her hoof against the timid Pegasus’s door. “Fluttershy! Are ya there!?! It’s an emergency!”

Finally the door opened up slightly to reveal a nervous looking pair of blue eyes belonging to the cream coloured Pegasus residing in the cottage.

“Oh it’s you Apple Bloom,” she said. “What can I… Oh my goodness! What happened!?!”

It didn’t take long for Fluttershy to notice the injured creature on Apple Bloom’s back and quickly rush the two inside in a fit of worry.

“Ah don’t know,” Apple Bloom answered as Fluttershy helped lift the poor monkey onto the sofa. “I was on mah way to Zecora’s when I found this thing under a nearby bush.”

“You did the right thing in bringing him here Apple Bloom,” Fluttershy said as she looked the monkey over. “Quickly, I need painkillers, bandages and something for a splint, there should be some stuff in the medicine cabinet in the kitchen.”

Following Fluttershy’s instructions, Apple Bloom quickly ran into the kitchen and got what Fluttershy needed. She may not have lived there, but Fluttershy has foalsat her and her friends so many times that she practically knew Fluttershy’s cottage inside out. After getting the pain killers and Bandages from the medicine cabinet, she made her way to one of the kitchen draws, where she found several small pieces of wood that Fluttershy kept for situations such as this. After Fluttershy did what she can, all that could be done was to let the poor creature sleep, she may not have been a vet but she enough medical skills to know how to treat all animals that she looks after.

“Well?” Apple Bloom asked as she looked over the sleeping monkey.

“He had obviously had a rough journey here, but he’ll be okay,” Fluttershy said with a gentle smile, reassuring the young filly. “The most damage was just to his foot, I’ve already bandaged him up and given him pain killers, but he will have to stay off that foot for a few days.”

“What a relief,” Apple Bloom sighed with a thankful smile. “What the heck is it anyway?”

“To be honest, I have absolutely no idea,” Fluttershy admitted, scratching her head. “He appears to be some kind of monkey but I have never seen one like him before. Maybe we should ask Twilight in the morning, I’d go now but it’s getting late.”

Apple Bloom’s eyes widened with shock upon hearing those words, looking out the window she saw that it was indeed getting late, so late that Princess Celestia was already beginning to lower the sun.

“Great Apple Fritters! Applejack’s gonna kill me!” She explained, rushing towards the door. “Ah was supposed to be home ages ago!”

And with that, Apple Bloom rushed outside and quickly ran home, leaving Fluttershy alone in her cottage with the sleeping primate on her sofa. As she looked toward her, now bandaged house guest, she couldn’t help but put on a gentle smile while raising an eyebrow.

“Well, I may not know what you are,” she said. “But I have to admit you are adorable.”

Chapters Next