• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 1,021 Views, 8 Comments

Dear Twilight... - RarityEQM



A love letter for a certain librarian

  • ...
3
 8
 1,021

Dear Twilight

Somewhere in Equestria, was a pony sitting quietly at a desk, peering into the empty space in front of a clean piece of parchment, fresh ink, and a brand new quill. The task was the same, as it always was; finally break the cycle of fear and just deliver the message. Just do it! Just stand right up and take the letter to her mailbox, stuff it inside, and run like the wind. It was easy...this time it would happen for sure. As soon as the letter was finished, signed, sealed, it would be placed in her mailbox without a second thought. No hesitation this time! Thats all that needed to happen- and of course, to write the letter.

Dear Twilight Sparkle.

I don't know how to start this. I've never actually done this before, but I've also never felt like this before. You see, ever since you came to Ponyville I've never visited the library quite so much, but since you pull off the hot librari- I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know how to write one of these, and you deserve a pony who can. You deserve a pony who could tell you how brilliant you are, like Star Swirl in his prime. You deserve a pony who could tell you how beautiful you are, like the sun's radiance only brighter. But my words are meaningless. An artist with all the colors of a rainbow couldn't capture your beauty and a poet with a million words couldn't capture your genius on a page. So all I can say, is only the smallest shard of whats in my heart for you.

I see you in the market, or in the plaza. Sometimes leisurely reading a book, or other times, you're with your friends, and you've got the most beautiful, world shattering smile. Twilight, if I could I would reach up to heaven and bring back a miracle for you. I would build the worlds largest telescope and show you around the universe on our first date. Your voice is the music of the heavens, and you make angels seem tone death. Your body is beauty beyond belief and even Luna could not craft a dream as magnificent as you.

I'm sorry if that was to much. As I said I don't know how to do this. I don't know what I'm doing. Just trying to write this, thinking about you, my heart is beating incredibly fast, and actually I fear my chest might explode. No it's not really going to explode. No, forget it, just leave that part out And I wish there were some way for me to tell you how I feel. To put into words the emotions that run rampant inside of me. This letter, I fear, is the closest I shall ever get, and the closest you'll ever find out about how I feel. You are the kyroptonite to my heart, and I yearn for you like water in the driest dessert...desert...des...nevermind

If I were with you, I'd need to pinch myself every moment to make sure I was awake, or maybe this wasn't some sort of mistake, until my entire body ached, and I'd still keep doing it, because I swear I'd wear every ounce of pain like a medal. Like some decorated soldier of love whom had won some long haggard war of intense confidence just to see if I had the courage to hold your hoof. I would study you like a book, Twilight. I'd highlight every important part of you and pray everyday that maybe there'd be an oral exam.

If that's not creepy. But I just had to say it. I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm doing.

But for you I'd learn. I'd learn to fly faster and higher than high and match any pegasi. I'd cast spells to move mountains and lift oceans, or gain the strength to crack the earth in two, just to find myself with you. You have beautiful eyes, skin like silk, and the sweetest little nose. HOLY FRACK IS THAT A SPIDER?! ITS HUGE, KILL IT! ARE THOSE WINGS?! WHY DOES IT HAVE WINGS!! NO DON'T ZAP IT!! GOD THE DRAPES ARE ON FIRE! WHY ARE YOU STILL WRITING?!?

At the end of the day, Twilight, I know you have your friends. You have your books, and your studies, your adventures and your life. You seem perfectly content and it makes me happy knowing that you're happy. I wouldn't dare take that away from you with a complicated relationship. You don't need any pony like me. When you have that little bastard Spike always around- No, don't write that last part. Of course I've had a few, how else do you expect me to write this? I KNOW technically you're writing it, but thats only because I'm drunk. Look, just go back to your room. I don't know why I wanted to dictate this to you. Gimmie that quill I'll write it myself. Stop copying what I'm saying! I am content to love you from afar. Always and forever. I am but a coward who can't tell you this to your face, but if you're ever feeling down, lost or alone, please remember you have the power to touch other's hearts. You've brought me back from a brink of loneliness and despair just by being the type of pony you are in the world. For that, Twilight Sparkle, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.



Love~


Outside, Twilight and Spike could be seen walking, chatting animatedly about something, with Spike waving his pudgy little arms about and Twilight giggling in loud hardy laughter. Slowly, they meandered towards the library. She could be reading the letter this very same night if it had been sent. She'd have finally discovered the truth. She might reject it, but so what, at least there was an attempt made at reaching out for her!! But fear was the little voice of doubt, and that voice could often be very very loud. Sadly, the parchment with the letter was not sent, but lifted, folded and placed neatly on a small stack of other letters, all written the same way: "Dear Twilight..."

A morose sigh spilled through the room.

Maybe...someday...oneday...

Author's Note:

12:01. I've been in bed for 45 minutes. Now this happens. This was really really sad, but I tweaked it and added some comedy because I'd rather laugh than cry right now. I'm not a fan of being sick and I had a fever yesterday. You'd think three shots of Nyquil would put a pony down, but nooooo...

To get a feel for the original story; take out all the strike-thrus, and replace the ending with the writer of the letter approaching Twilight, backing down at the last moment, and realizing she's better off without said writer with a quip about missing 100% of the shots we don't take.

Comments ( 8 )

I am so curious as to who was writing that letter

I am so curious as to who was writing that letter

Either the chap writing has personality issues or there are two ponies- one who is obviously drunk.

A nice read ,mate. Rather sad that he/she never sent any letters. Oh well, maybe one day we will see the live expressed.

5292596

Take a stab at it darling. ;)

I liked this. I liked it a lot. While I didn't find it as funny as you probably did, this brought a smile to my face. I know that ending isn't exactly happy or anything, but it was an enjoyable read, if small.

And, coming from personal experience, never write a love letter to your crush, announcing your prolonged love and all that. It doesn't work.

...I was an idiot.

Very sweet. And a touch sad. In all ways, very moving. I'm guessing that the writer can be... well, whoever we want them to be.

It's true that we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sadly, it seems we often seem to believe that "a shot I missed because I decided to is better than one I missed because of ineptitude".

Prince blue Balls Blood on a binder?, Who else would call Spike a bastard and have a pony Dictaphone taking scroll.

Flight & magic references narrows the field down.:trollestia::facehoof:

5292906 This too, was written from experience, darling.

Login or register to comment