• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,785 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,785

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Pretty soon, Applejack was already on her way to Princess Twilight’s castle in search of answers. As she made her way to the castle, she did her best not to get spotted by anypony with the creature, worried that they might be scared or hate him or bombard her with questions that she didn’t know the answers to. While she did her best not to be seen, the little creature in her bag continued to stare at everything with curious eyes and a smile on his face, he especially appreciated seeing all the nature around them and the little animals scurrying by

After a while, the farm pony finally reached the Castle of Friendship, which resembled a crystal like tree with multiple levels, a great balcony, two spires, and a tower. The structure also had a large banner flying on the side marked with Twilight Sparkle’s cutie mark, and the top bears a large crystal star. At the foot was a great golden staircase for the two-leaved golden door that she was approaching. Two open lancet windows flank the door. Applejack remembered it as the gift given to them for defeating Tirek six months ago and to this day she felt proud of her friend.

Applejack then knocked on the castle door. “Uh… Twilight? You in there? I need to talk to you about something.”

The door to the castle soon opened and the Princess of Friendship herself, Princess Twilight Sparkle, appeared. “Hey Applejack, what’s the matter? Is everything alright?”

“Well… you see… I was kind hoping you could help me with something,” she said.

“Help with what?” Twilight Sparkle asked, raising a brow.

“Figuring out what a… certain something is…” Applejack replied, slowly. She then turned a bit and glanced to the small, little creature in her saddle back who turned to Twilight and blinked at her. Twilight yelped at the sight of him.

“What… what is that?” Twilight questioned, completely baffled as she looked at the little creature a little bit closer.

“I was kinda hoping you knew…” Applejack confessed.

“To be honest I don’t have the slightest idea…” Twilight admitted as she and the creature continued to stare at each other, then he suddenly put his chubby little hands on her muzzle. “Hey… what?”

The creature then began to feel her face with a curious look, which made her smile. “Aw, he’s so cute…” she said. “Say… is he a boy?”

“I think so, but I ain’t gonna be the one checking!” Applejack stated, firmly.

“Hey, you were the one who found him.” Twilight pointed out.

“Yeah, but I …” Applejack began to say.

“No ‘buts’ Applejack, until we can figure out what this is and where he came from he’s your responsibility so…” Twilight began to say before the creature poked one his things into her nose, making her yelp and pull her head away from it. “Gah!”

Upset that she had pulled away from him, the creature then began to wail loudly again, which hurt their ears.

“Ah! What do we do!?” Twilight cried.

“Uh… hold on.” Applejack said as she took off her saddle bag, placed it on the ground, then sat down to pick up the crying creature and rock it in her forearms, gently, she shushes it softly. “There ya go…”

The creature soon stopped his crying and became calm, staring at Applejack who smiled at him with a motherly smile.

“Wow Applejack, you’re a natural.” Twilight marveled.

“Yeah… spent a lot of time doing this when Apple Bloom was born.” Applejack admitted. “He kinda reminds me of her a little…”

Applejack rubbed his cheek with her hoof a bit and he giggled a bit.

“I think he likes you.” Twilight smiled.

“Oh yeah? You think so?” Applejack asked, surprised.

“Yeah, he calmed right down for you.” Twilight pointed out.

“Yeah… he did…” Applejack realized.

“But where did he come from?” Twilight wondered.

“I don’t know, I just found him in the middle of the forest, inside a wooden basket, covered up by… this.” Applejack said as she held out the red blanket. Twilight took it with her magic and examined it.

“Interesting…” Twilight mused. “It looks to be hoof-stitched…”

“You mean someone made it for him?” Applejack questioned, surprised.

“It is a possibility…” Twilight said with a thoughtful expression. “I just hope this doesn’t turn out like the Parasprite infestation. Remember when Fluttershy brought back something that looked cute from the Everfree forest?”

“Oh, come on now Twi, look at him! He’s harmless, plus we can’t just leave him out there!” Applejack stated, firmly.

“I never said we should, I’m just saying that we need to be careful about this, ok?” Twilight told her.

“Yeah, ok…” Applejack nodded. She then noticed the little guy shivering again. “He’s cold…”

“Come on, let’s get him inside then.” Twilight said as she magically pushed the door open and they both proceeded inside.


Later, inside the castle, Applejack and Twilight were both in the castle throne room, which had seven thrones each marked with the cutie mark of Twilight and Applejack’s friends, plus their own. In the center of it sat the little creature, who was babbling, looking around and trying to figure out what was going on while the two mares near him observed him.

“Wow! A new species in Equestria never before seen by pony eyes. This is amazing!” Twilight said, excitedly.

“Calm down Twi, like you said; we need to be cautious about this.” Applejack reminded her.

“Oh right.” Twilight nodded. “Sorry.”

“So what do we know so far?” Applejack asked.

“Not much… I’ve looked over all my books on foreign species and found nothing, and I have feeling we won’t find any more luck in the Canterlot Archives.” Twilight sighed.

“Ah, shoot…” Applejack grumbled, dismayed.

Twilight put a comforting hoof on her shoulder, then glanced to the little creature just sitting on the floor of the castle throne room, sucking his thumb looking absolutely carefree.

“Well, I can safely determine one thing, whatever he is… he seems to be an infant.” Twilight observed, glancing at the child who continued to crawl around the floor in complete a circle. "About nine months old to be exact."

“Yeah… that’s fairly obvious Twi, but we still don’t know what he is or what those… things are at the end of his hooves.” Applejack pointed out.

“Hmm, I think he uses them to hold onto things, like when he grabbed my face.” Twilight said, rubbing her nose.

“I wonder what else he can grab?” Applejack wondered, curiously.

“Should we test him?” Twilight wondered.

“Worth a shot.” Applejack shrugged.

The two mares then turned to the baby creature who was happily making bubbles in his mouth. Applejack frowned, walked over and popped the bubble with her hoof which the baby creature quickly grabbed and stared at her wide eyed as he started playing with it. Applejack was a bit disgusted when he stuck her hoof into his mouth and sucked on it but she slowly smiled fondly as he continued to stare at her with his big blue eyes. She turned to Twilight and nodded

“Ok, little guy, let’s see if you can grab this.” Applejack as she lifted her hoof while Twilight levitated an apple onto it which she handed to the boy. The child stared and blinked at the apple for a bit when smiled and let out a cute sound and as he grabbed it and stuck it in his mouth. Because he had no teeth he just sucked and licked the apple like a lollipop.

“Interesting…” Princess Twilight said as she magically wrote what she saw on a floating notepad. “Let’s try something else now.”

Twilight placed several items in front of the infant; a squeaky stuffed turtle toy, a bar of soap, a wooden monkey and a drum. The baby stared and mumbled a bit as he stared at the toys. Then he picked up the toy turtle and laughed as he squeezed it and made it squeak, he also took the wooden monkey and shook it up and down while laughing. He then dropped both of them and tried to grab the bar of soap but seemed frustrated when he could not, then he started happily patting the drum in front of him. As he did so Twilight continued to write everything down with glee.

“Incredible, it seems with those… ‘things’, he can grab almost anything!” Princess Twilight said, impressed. “Please he’s pretty smart, too.”

“Still doesn’t tell us what he is.” Applejack said, depressed.

“Hmm, I’m gonna try a magical scan on him.” Twilight declared.

“A magical scan?” Applejack echoed.

“Yes. With it I can learn more about him and what he is.” Twilight said.

“Ok just… be careful with him will ya?” Applejack asked Twilight, worried. “I don’t want to see him hurt…”

“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt him.” Twilight assured her as she walked forward and faced the child who continue to babble and gaze around. Then when Twilight’ horn start to glow with magic he seemed to be mesmerized by it. He then watched her as she walked all the way around him, shining the light from her horn onto him. This continued for a while and as it did the little boy kept trying to reach out to the light she was shining while Applejack watched.

“Well?” Applejack asked, expectedly. “What do ya got?”

“Hmm, he seems to have most the same organs as a pony and body structure similar to that of a monkey… but brain and muscle capacity seem to have the potential to much greater than a pony’s…!” Twilight realized, surprised. “He might even be able to walk on two legs instead of four when he’s older.”

“Wow, guess you would make quite an excellent little applebucker when your grown up, huh?” Applejack remarked as she ruffled the little guy’s hair gently. “By the way, is there any chance that we could find a way to send him back to where he belongs? His parents must be worried sick.”

“I wish I knew how, but without knowing exactly where he’s from it’s almost impossible…” Twilight sighed, sadly.

“You mean… this little guy might be stuck in Equestria forever?” Applejack asked, sounding upset.

“That might very well be the case.” Twilight replied, solemnly.

Applejack sighed and sat down next to the creature before rubbing his head. “Sorry little guy…”

The little creature didn’t seem to fully understand why Applejack was so upset but decided to hug her side with an affectionate giggle, this surprised Applejack a bit but she soon smiled and gladly accepted. Then a foul smell coming from the creature reached her, and eventually Twilight’s, noses and made her eyes widen.

“Ooh, looks like somepony needs a diaper change…” Applejack remarked, holding her nose in disgust.

Twilight held her nose as well. “Oh… I think your right…” she agreed. “So… whose gonna go change it?”

Applejack sighed. “I’ll do it.”

“You sure?” Twilight asked, concerned.

“Yeah, he’s my responsibility after all.” Applejack sighed as she walked forward and picked up the sticky baby before zipping into another room to change him. After a long pause Twilight began to hear a verity of noises and crashing sounds coming from the other room, causing her to worry.

“Uh… Applejack? Are you ok?” Twilight called out to her.

Applejack then came out of the room with the little creature on her back, she looked completely exhausted and disgusted.

“Well, diaper’s been changed… plus I can safely confirm… it’s a boy.” Applejack said, looking weary.

“Sorry…” Twilight told her, sympathetically.

“It’s ok… I… I’m used to it… remember? Apple Bloom?” Applejack reminded her. “Course… this is the first time I’ve done a boy so… yeah…”

The little guy giggle and pulled her mane a bit, causing her to rear up.

“Whoa!” she cried out, alarmed. She then put her front hooves down. “Easy there, little guy. You don’t want to take this pony for a ride.”

The baby then started crying again, much to their chagrin.

“Oh alright…” Applejack relented as she reared up again and began to gallop around the room while he giggled. Eventually Applejack joined in as well while Twilight watched them, smiling. She then remembered a similar thing she used to do with her big brother; Shining Armor AKA her BBBFF, she wiped away a tear that had formed while she became nostalgic. Eventually Applejack stopped running.

“Alright that’s enough for now, just play with your new toys.” Applejack told the child as she placed him down in front of the toys and let him play with them as she walked over to Twilight and watched him.

“He really does like you.” Twilight remarked.

“Yeah, kind of reminded me of the days when Apple Bloom was still just a baby… boy I miss those days…” Applejack sighed.

“Yeah… I’ve kind of always wanted a younger sibling or a child of my own.” Princess Twilight Sparkle admitted, fondly.

“I’ll bet.” Applejack smirked, before sighing and staring at the infant again. “Well, at least we learned some things about him, but not enough…”

“Yeah… and you know as he gets older he’ll realize how different he is and wonder just what he is and where he came from.” Twilight Sparkle reminded her. “He’ll want answers and we won’t be able to answer them.”

“I know…” Applejack said, depressed.

“But don’t worry, I’ll keep doing some research, we’ll find something.” Twilight assured her friend.

“Thank ya Twi.” Applejack said, gratefully.

Just then, Twilight’s baby dragon assistant, Spike, entered the room, not noticing the creature at first.

“Hey, Twilight! What’s…” Spike began before he finally noticed the infant creature just sitting there. The infant then saw Spike also and stared at him with wide eyes. The two mares then acknowledged him.

“Oh hi, Spike!” Twilight Sparkle smiled. “What’s up?

“Um… Twilight? What’s that thing?” Spike asked, pointing at the giggling baby.

“That thing is a boy, Spike, and a baby, just like you.” Twilight told him.

“Huh.” Spike remarked as he and the infant stared at each other again. Spike then slowly waved. “Uh… hey there. How’s it going?”

The baby squealed happily, held his arms out and grabbed Spike, pulling him into a tight bear hug that he could not escape from easily.

“Uh… Twilight? He’s hugging me… and won’t let go…” The baby dragon said, as he squeezed harder. The two mares chuckled.

Twilight turned to Applejack. “Hey, should we tell the others?”

“Might as well, they have a right to know about this.” Applejack pointed out. “Besides, I’ll bet Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would love the chance to see this little guy.”

“They sure will.” Twilight Sparkle smiled as the little creature continued to squeeze Spike tightly, much to the Dragon’s dismay.