• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,768 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,768

Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The kids ran through the forest as fast they can as they chased after the shadowy bad guy but eventually he disappeared from their sight causing them to eventually stop and stood together closely, glancing around in a circle formation.

“Now where did he go?” Sunspot wondered, while looking around.

Orchard Star shined some light with her horn and waved it around but saw no trace of him. “I can’t see him anywhere…” she mused.

“Oh, he’s here…” Johnny said, slowly as he looked around.

“Yeah? How do you figure?” Wave Crasher asked him, curiously.

“I just know…” Johnny muttered, in a very serious tone.

“Ok… that’s not creepy at all.” Wave Crasher remarked, sarcastically. “Next thing you’ll know your gonna know when he’s gonna attack us!”

Crasher laughed at this while Johnny and the others turned and gained wide eyes.

“Duck!” Johnny cried as he and everyone, minus Wave Crasher, dropped to the ground.

“What?” he asked, not getting it before a large shadow-like creature swept right past him and effectively knocked him right over.

“Crasher!” Johnny cried, alarmed.

“Are you ok?” Orchard asked Wave Crasher, concerned as she rushed over to him.

Crashed coughed a bit before standing back up. “Yeah, I may be coughing but at least I’m not in a coffin!” he joked, which earned him a gut kick from Sunspot.

“Quick joking and start fighting, Crasher!” she told him, annoyed.

The Sea Pony quickly picked himself back up. “Right!”

They then noticed the shadow creature was coming back towards them.

“Shield up!” Johnny cried. They all nodded and their palms/hooves on their elements which glowed brightly before creating a shield around them that deflected the shadow being. It tried again but the result was the same.

“It will keep trying…” Ironhorn observed, as it hit again.

“Yeah, I doubt this thing will last forever!” Sunspot pointed out.

“Anypony have a plan?” Orchard Star asked, nervously.

“For once I don’t have a single idea… we’re doomed!” Alyssa despaired.

Johnny thought for a minute. “Not yet we’re not. I have a plan,” he declared.

“You do?” Alyssa asked him, surprised.

“That’s correct.” Johnny nodded, smiling.

“Well then spill it! We ain’t got all day!” Sunspot exclaimed, as Sombra’s shadow hit the shield again and it shattered. “More like five seconds!”

“Ok, he’s made of darkness right?”

Alyssa nodded in confirmation. “Yeah,”

“So what we need to do is get him out of the shadows and use some kind of light to weaken him and that’s when we deal the finishing blow.” Johnny explained to them.

“Now that’s a pretty good plan.” Sunspot admitted.

“Yeah, it’s brilliant!” Orchard remarked, impressed.

“It’s so brilliant I need my shades!” Wave Crasher joked. They all groaned, except for Alyssa who started laughing again. “Wow, she really loves me!”

“Statistically I suppose somepony has to think your jokes are funny.” Sunspot remarked, dryly. Crasher gave her a glare in response.

“Focus, everypony!” Johnny told them. “We need to beat this guy and I mean now!”

How? The magic from the Elements seems to be drained for the moment…” Alyssa said, as she glanced at her element, which seemed to be charging.

“Do no worry young ones! Help is here!” Somepony cried.

Everypony looked up and were stunned to be blue streak flying across the sky until it finally stopped and revealed itself to be the Princess of the Night herself, who slowly descended down to them.

“Princess Luna!” Johnny exclaimed, surprised.

“What are you doing here?” Sunspot questioned.

“Yeah, we were about to make our move!” Crasher added.

“And what would that be? The move to the morgue?” Princess Luna quipped.

Wave Crasher laughed a bit. “Good one, your majesty!” he said, still laughing.

“A bit foreboding though…” Orchard added. “Anyway, why have you come here?”

“Let’s just say…” Luna began before she glared at the shadowy villain. “He and I have a score to settle.”

“Oh? What kind?” Johnny inquired.

The shadowy creature then rose up. “The kind that involves this!” he declared as something began to materialize before it. They all gasped when they see that it is a red horn.

“King Sombra’s horn…” Johnny observed, shocked.

Princess Luna looked at the disembodied horn in fear. “What do you plan to do with that?”

“Well, you see ‘mother’ if I’m going to have a body of my own I want it to be from both of my ‘parents’. You should be honored, soon you’ll have a son to call your own.” Nightmare Sombra smirked.

Princess Luna’s eyes narrowed. “You are no son of mine!”

Luna then fired a powerful magical beam at Nightmare Sombra, who simply blocked it with a shield, all with a smug grin on his face.

“Ha! Give it up mother, I’m more powerful then you and you know it!” Nightmare Sombra taunted her, maliciously.

“Ugh! You won’t get away with this! My sister and my loyal subjects will find a way to stop you!” Princess Luna proclaimed. Her ‘son’ laughed in response.

“Don’t kid yourself, Mother. After all, it was your dark power that helped give birth to me.” Nightmare Sombra taunted her. “So you know fully well that stopping me is impossible!”

“Ha! You should know ‘son’, that nothing in this world is impossible! Allow me to prove it!” Luna declared as she charged up her magic.

At that moment, both of them flew up and began trading shots with each other. Nightmare Sombra threw a dark lightning bolt that just missed Luna, who just flew upward. The rock received a big hole blown through it. Luna then performed a U-turn and swooped down on him with magical bolts blazing. Nightmare Sombra then started galloping down the path, Luna does likewise, and they run on these parallel paths and trade shots. The firefight continued for about several dozen yards until Sombra gets in a lucky hit that knocked her back.

As she flew backwards, one of the little shadow blades brushed by Luna and managed to give her a scratch on the cheek that caused a drop of blood to drop out.

“Aha! Just what I was waiting for!” Nightmare Sombra said as he levitated the horn of Sombra over and let the drop of blood fall on it, causing it to glow much to everypony’s shock.

“That ain’t good…” Crasher commented.

The horn then began to float and spin around and around and as it did so, beams of black and red light came flying from all different directions and entered the horn one after the other.

“Yes… give me all of your fear… your hate… give me it all!” The dark voiced villain hissed, smirking evilly before letting out an evil laugh that creeped everypony out. They then began to notice wisps fly out and circle him while the horn flew up and began to attach itself to him as well.

“What’s going on?” Johnny asked, wide-eyed.

“All the negative feelings in Equestria… he’s absorbing them all…” Princess Luna said. “To create his new body…”

“That’s right! And now… !” Nightmare Sombra began as the wisps and negative energy balls stuck to him as if he was a giant magnet, then became a giant ball of black and red energy that crackled with energy.

They all watch with wide eyes as the orb continued to crackle and light up the whole area with red light until finally it burst. After the explosion ended and the smoke cleared, they all looked at their foe’s new form and gasp in shock.

Nightmare Sombra’s new body greatly resembled the old King Sombra only with a purple horn and wings plus a much darker and scary looking complexion.

“IT’S TIME FOR FUN!” Sombra roared, making them all flinch.

He bared his fangs, growled and smiled evilly before looking into a mirror he just conjured up and gazing at his reflection.

“Now who says all Alicorn’s are female?” he remarked, smirking.

“Uh… everypony?” Crasher joked, nervously.

“QUIET!” He snapped, startling them. “I. Am. NIGHTMARE SOMBRA! Master of Darkness! And destroyer… of HARMONY! Now prepare yourselves fools! For after I am done… the night… shall last… forever!”

“Uh… are you it’s a ‘forever’ because it could be just another couple thousand…” Wave Crasher began

“FOREVER!” Nightmare Sombra screamed. They all looked at him wide eyed. “Now… prepare to be destroyed!”

“Oh, prepare? Well I’m gonna need to time to tidy up first…” Wave Crasher began.

“Silence! It. Is. An. EXPRESSION!” Nightmare Sombra exclaimed, obviously frustrated.

Orchard Star whistled. “Somepony’s stressed…”

“Yeah, no kidding…” Crasher remarked.

“Dealing with you I can hardly blame him…” Sunspot muttered.

Crasher’s blood pressure rises. “Why you…!?” he began to say.

“Enough!” Johnny said, a bit annoyed. “Now talk Sombra, now that ya get your body, whatcha gonna do now, huh?”

“What my ‘mother’ over here started.” The dark one replied, ignoring Luna’s glare. “Cover the world in darkness and watch everything and everypony wither away.”

“That won’t happen!” Johnny exclaimed.

“Oh? Tell me something; do you honestly think you and your new friends can win against me?” Sombra questioned.

“Of course we can!” Johnny proclaimed.

“I’m not asking you boy, I’m asking her.” Nightmare Sombra stated as he gestured to Alyssa.

“What?” she asked, stunned.

“Yes, that’s right, tell us now; do you think you and your friends can win?” he demanded.

“You heard Johnny; we will! We’ll use the elements and…” Alyssa began.

“Waste of time.” Nightmare Sombra scoffed.

“What?” The girl asked, confused.

“Just admit it; you can’t win and you know it.” Nightmare Sombra stated, sinisterly which made Alyssa flinch a bit.

“Not gonna happen.” Johnny stated, firmly. “We will stop you!”

“But… but what if we can’t…?” Alyssa wondered, sounding anxious.

Just then, somehow because of Alyssa’s doubt, the magic from the Element began to scatter and fly all over the place, wildly.

“Uh… what’s going on?” Sunspot asked, confused as she and the others watched the magical beam fly and zig-zag all over the sky above them.

“Princess… what’s happening?” Orchard questioned, slowly and nervously.

“The Elements! They sense the self-doubt in one of you!” Luna realized.

“Is that bad?” Crasher inquired.

Yes. If the Elements are not in sync then you won’t be able to use their full powers!” Luna said.

“Ok… very bad…” Crasher added.

“But… which one of us is full of self-doubt?” Orchard wondered. She turned to Sunspot. “You?”

“Not me.” Sunspot denied.

The unicorn then turned to Crasher. “You?”

“Nope,” he responded.

“I’m not.” Orchard voiced.

“Us neither.” Johnny added. Ironhorn nodded.

Just then they all slowly turn to Alyssa, who looked especially guilty and worried, and gathered around her.

“I-I couldn’t help it! The things he said… they just popped in their…” Alyssa admitted, shamefully.

What? What just ‘popped in their’?” Sunspot questioned, demandingly.

“Feelings of doubt and worry…” Ironhorn deduced.

“Come on Alyssa! This is no time to second guess yourself!” Johnny told her.

“But Johnny…” Alyssa began to say.

“No buts! You gotta focus!” The young man exclaimed. But before he could say anything else and before anypony could do a thing the Elements all made a sound as they slowly go dark.

“Too late… their already powered down…” Princess Luna said, disappointed.

“Not good…” Sunspot remarked, dismayed.

“Indeed it isn’t…” Ironhorn agreed, as he backed away fearfully.

“How right you are…” Nightmare Sombra hissed, smiling evilly. “Now… attack!”

Nightmare Sombra’s darkness then spread and shadow creatures resembling wild dogs were conjured up and began barking and running towards them.

“Run! Run!” Wave Crasher cried as he started to gallop away.

“For once I agree with him!” Sunspot said before quickly zooming off as well. The others soon followed their lead and began to retreat into the dark forest nearby while Sombra laughed evilly, pleased that he won the latest battle against them.