• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,768 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,768

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

For many years the five friends continued to help out other ponies wherever they went and become closer and closer as time went on, plus the more ponies he helped out the more the still doubtful members of Ponyville began to accept Johnny. Despite their occasional comedic annoyance with each other the group slowly became a very tight-knit family, not unlike Applejack’s group of friends. They occasionally had trouble with Gold Bar but they always managed to shake him off. Of course as time went on and Johnny went from his kid years to his teen years and finally adult years he grew more and more curious about his origins and more frustrated about how nopony could answer them.

Now they’re greatest challenge is upon them.

Elsewhere, deep in the Everfree forest, laid the former castle of Princess Celestia and Luna. Despite the Mane Six cleaning it up a significant amount, the castle was still in ruins following Nightmare Moon’s attack and was still falling apart. Plus the legend of the Pony of Shadows still kept ponies from entering it.

The girls dismissed it as just an old pony’s tale years ago, but little did they know that during that time, they were being watched by something, something with glowing yellow eyes…

And that very thing was currently rising up from a crack in the castle, slithering up the walls until it finally reached outside and expanded until it took the form of a giant, four eyed winged creature that screeched. The screeched echoed the halls of the Two Sister’s Castle and the area surrounding. The giant bird then dissipated.

Late one night, in one of the homes in Ponyville, a young colt was tossing and turning in his bed over and over again, while sweating poured down his face. He was having a nightmare.

In the nightmare realm, the colt was currently running from something as fast as he could with a fearful expression on his face. He looked back and saw what appeared to be a crazy monster clown-pony chasing after him and laughing like a madman.

“Come back here, little guy!” The clown said with a mad laugh. He then noticed a bright light close by and turned towards it. A winged unicorn then descended as the light faded, it was Princess Luna, Princess of the Night and because of that she has the power to enter ponies dreams.

“That’s enough! You will no longer plague’s this child’s dream’s any longer!” she proclaimed as she fired a beam of magic from her horn which struck the clown and knocked it back while the colt hid behind a rock, shaking like a leaf.

The Princess believed that the blast would cause the clown to vanish just like every other nightmare she had faced but much to her surprise it just got back up and growled.

“What!? That should have destroyed it but why…” Luna began.”

A dark shroud suddenly enveloped the nightmarish clown, making them bigger, stronger, and more terrifying. It laughed in the young Princess’ face while she narrowed her eyes at it. She tried blasting it several times but it did not falter.

“Hmm… this is no ordinary nightmare…” Luna muttered to herself. “Better use all my power.”

Luna’s horn then glowed brightly as she charged up a large amount of her magic, creating a large blue ball of energy above her head which she launched at the Nightmare Clown, causing it to explode upon impact. After the winds blew by her, Luna saw that it was gone.

“Well… that was harder than expected…” The Princess sighed. “But at least it’s over…”

Before the Princess could do anything else she heard a dark chuckle from out of nowhere.

“Who is there?” Luna questioned as she gazed around the dark and shadowy dream realm. She heard a low growl and then looked up ahead to see a pair of yellow eyes looking right at her, making her scream with fear and as she did so it was almost as if whatever was in the darkness was absorbing her magic. “What are you doing to me…?”

A dark chuckle that echoed all around answered her. “It’s simple… everypony’s gotta eat, isn’t that right… mother?” The voiced hissed. Luna gasped when she heard that last part, then a mouth appeared below the glowing eyes in front of her and it seemed to create a large and monstrous face that roared loudly, right in her face, causing her whole world to blacken.


She awoke in her room with a sharp gasp and panted. “Oh no…” she whispered. “I have to warn her!”

Luna quickly got up and raced out of her bedroom. She dashed down the hallways as fast as she could until she reached her sister’s bedroom where she forcefully pushed the doors open.

“Sister!” Princess Luna cried, awaking Celestia.

“Luna, what is wrong? What happened?” Princess Celestia asked her younger sister, concerned.

“Sister… you recall me mentioning all those nightmares that have been occurring as of late?” Luna inquired.

“Yes.” Her elder sister nodded.

“Well… I found the cause.” Luna said, gravely.

“What is it?” Princess Celestia questioned.

“Something I had hoped would never return…” Princess Luna stated, solemnly. “Something very, very dark…”

Princess Luna’s eyes narrowed as she said this.


For the now fifteen-year old Johnny Appleseed, it was another typical morning. The sun was shining through his window, the rooster was cawing and his bones cracked as he stretched his muscles while getting up. He quickly went to his drawer and put on some clothes, since he was previously only dressed in his boxers.

Johnny had grown significantly taller, towering over all the ponies and now had shoulder length brown hair. He soon stepped out his room and had a long red cloth tied around his head. He also wore a red sleeveless vest with black linings, worn out looking blue jeans and brown work boots. Due to working on the farm for most of his life Johnny now had a very muscular physique, with abbs, strong calf’s and broad shoulders. His skin was also slightly tanned due to working in the sun all the time.

He rushed to the stairs, slid down the railing and quietly stepped down and crept toward the kitchen where his mother was currently eating breakfast. With a mischievous smile on his face that he had retained from his youth, he snuck over to Applejack and tried to scare her from behind, but then…

“Don’t even think about.” Applejack said, flatly without even turning around.

Johnny’s face fell flat in disappointment before walking over to his seat in front of her. “How’d you know it was me?” he asked, baffled.

“I’m your mother, I know everything.” Applejack smiled. “Now where the hay have you been?”

Johnny smirked. “I thought you knew everything,” he pointed out.

“Ha, ha, very funny.” Applejack smiled, amused.

“Thought so.” Johnny said.

“So, where were you anyway?” Applejack inquired.

“On the roof, keep an eye on the town with this.” Johnny replied as he held up a pair of binoculars.

“Ah, looking for trouble, eh?” Applejack remarked.

“Yeah. What about you? What are you up to?” Johnny asked.

“Oh, I’m spending some time with Caramel later.” Applejack replied.

“Caramel?” Johnny echoed, surprised. “The one who forgets the seeds every Winter Wrap Up?”

“That’s the guy.” Applejack confirmed.

“Why him?” Her adopted son inquired, confused.

“Oh, well he wanted to make up for all the times he forgot the seeds by taking me out for lunch.”

“Wow, that sounds good.” Johnny admitted.

“Yeah, Caramel’s a good guy.” Applejack agreed.

The good guy?” Johnny questioned, suggestively.

“Don’t you got some chores to do?” Applejack asked, raising a brow.

“Right. I’ll get right on that.” Johnny nodded, as he began to leave. “After that I’m meeting with the guys. Orchard Star’s finally coming back from her vacation”

“Ok, have fun.” Applejack told him.

“I will, don’t worry.” Johnny assured her as he stepped out the door. “Later.”

“Later,” she said as Johnny left. She sighed to herself as she looked at all the pictures of Johnny growing up. “You sure have come a long way sport… I miss those days…”

A happy tear fell down her face as she stared at a picture of her and Johnny when he was still just a baby before leaving.


Later on, Johnny had just finished feeding the pigs and was now walking out toward the Apple orchard to applebuck, which Applejack taught him when he was finally old enough to do so.

Johnny then faced a large Apple tree, turned and got down on all fours and bucked the tree with both his legs, like a pony. The apples were all then knocked down into the bucket.

“Yes!” he said. He turned around, stood up, walked over to the bucket full of apples and then picked it up and put it on his shoulder with ease before he walked off. He then entered the barn with his now slightly older Uncle McIntosh was stacking some bales of hay.

“Hey, Uncle Mac.” Johnny nodded.

Mac turned to him, smiling. “Hey,”

“How’s it going?” Johnny inquired as he walked over and set the bucket of Apples down.

“Good. How about you?” Big McIntosh asked him.

“Good as well.” Johnny nodded. “Gotta a lot of Apples today.”

Big Mac saw the Apples and smiled. “Eeyup. You sure have been busy, haven’t ya?”

“That a bad thing?” Johnny inquired.

“Nope. Though usually you’d rather play first then work first.” Big Mac pointed out.

“Well, we all gotta grow up sometime.” Jonny shrugged.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac agreed.

“Hey, I’m gonna go plant some of these seeds and then I’m off, ok?” Johnny said.

“Ok.” Big McIntosh nodded.

“Later.” Johnny said as he walked out of the barn, unaware that the shadow was following him.

Sometime later, Johnny was out in the field planting more seeds in the dirt in order to grow some more fruits, veggies and of course, Apples. He dug a small hole, dropped the seed in and then covered it up with some dirt. He continued this until he heard something right behind him.

“Long time no see, Johnny boy.” Somepony said behind him.

Johnny turned and frowned when he saw Gold Bar, now grown up into a stallion, standing right behind him.

“Go away, Gold Bar, I don’t have time for this.” Johnny said, firmly.

“What? Scared that your friend’s aren’t here to protect you like they always do?” Gold Bar mocked him.

“Hey, my friends help me just like how I help them when they’re in trouble, that’s what we do, we help each other. But I don’t need their help to stand up to you, Gold Bar.” Johnny told him.

“Oh yeah?” Gold challenged him.

Johnny stepped forward and looked down towards Gold Bar with steely eyes. “Yeah,” he responded.

“Well, I’d like to see you try.” Gold Bar stated as he reared up and pushed Johnny back with his front hooves.

“Don’t mess with me, Gold Bar.” Johnny warned the bully.

“Aw, what’s the matter? You gonna cry again?” Gold mocked him.

Johnny stepped forward and just staring at him calmly. “Take a good look. Do you see any tears, Gold Bar?” he asked. Gold Bar then began to lose his smirk and started to back away from Johnny.

“Whatever, see you later Freakshow.” Gold Bar grumbled before leaving. Johnny shook his head at him before turning his attention back to the seeds and planting the last of them.

“Ok, one more job left to do.” Johnny said as he turned and began to run off into the distance.


The fifteen-year old soon arrived in a large, grassy clearing, where he was supposed to meet his friends. The wind blew by as he gazed around for them but saw no sign of them anywhere.

“Now where…” Johnny began to say before he heard something.

“Johnny!”

Johnny turned and smiled when he saw his friends rushing over from down the hill with smiles on their faces also.They were also all grown up and have become fully grown mares, bison's and Sea Pony's.

“Johnny!” Orchard Star squealed as she quickly hugged his leg. “It’s so good to see you again.”

“Good to see you too, Star.” Johnny told her, smiling. “How was Baltimare?”

“Pretty good.” Orchard shrugged. “But it’s great to be back home.”

“Boy, you know they should change its name from ‘Baltimare’ to ‘Bust-a-mare’! Get it?” Crasher joked. Everyone just lowered their heads and groaned.

“That was awful…” Ironhorn remarked. “A whole new low…”

“Ouch…” Wave Crasher said.

“After all these years… your jokes still stink.” Sunspot stated, frowning.

“Well, you haven’t changed either… kinda like how you would never change your clothing if you did wear clothes all the time, like Johnny does.” Crasher countered. “Whoo! That would stink!”

“It’s true.” Johnny nodded.

“Why I oughtta…” Sunspot began, her body slowly turning red. As Wave Crasher trembled his mechanical legs shook with fear.

“Calm yourself, Sunspot.” Ironhorn told her, sagely. Sunspot just grumbled in annoyance.

“You know… I met somepony who was a lot like you in Baltimare.” Orchard remarked. “She got really mad after we ran over her… cabbage stand, with our wagon. But we were able to pay her back though!”

“Boy, it’s a good thing you’re rich.” Wave Crasher remarked.

“Yeah, but I mainly just like giving my money away to charitable organizations, unlike that mean old mare Diamond Tiara.” Orchard Star said, disgusted.

“True that.” Wave Crasher nodded, along with everypony else. “I’m surprised she hasn’t died alone yet.”

Crasher laughed until he realized something.

“Or maybe she has… has anypony checked on her recently?” he asked them, worried.

They all paused for a second before they begin to laugh at the thought.

“Now that was amusing.” Orchard Star remarked.

“Agreed.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Seriously? That’s what I have to say to get a laugh out of you guys? Your very disturbing.” Crasher commented.

The others continued to laugh in amusement, aside from Johnny, who had a distant look on his face which Sunspot seemed to notice

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Sunspot asked Johnny, confused. “Did you have a nightmare last night too?”

“No… why?” Johnny inquired.

“Well, we’ve all been having major nightmares lately…” Orchard admitted. “We didn’t tell you because we didn’t want you to worry…”

“Yeah, even Princess Luna has had a hard time getting rid of them.” Crasher added.

“Odd…” Johnny remarked.

“Indeed, there is something troubling going on…” Ironhorn nodded. “But back to you, what is on your mind?”

Johnny’s friends all looked at him expectedly, wanting to know what was on his mind. Johnny quickly began to feel the pressure and decided to tell his friends everything, since he was their leader after all.

“Guys… there’s something I need to tell you all.” Johnny said, as they all raised a brow.

“Tell us what?” Crasher inquired.

Johnny glanced away for a bit and sighed. “That… I’m thinking about leaving.”

“Huh!?” The others all said in shock.

“Wait… leaving?” Orchard inquired, surprised.

“Yeah, I’m thinking I can find more answers if I go out there.” Johnny confirmed.

“Go where, exactly?” Crasher questioned.

“A place where I can finally get some clue as to what I am.” Johnny stated.

“So you just gonna leave us? After everything we’ve been through?” Sunspot questioned him, accusingly.

“Not for good! Just… until I get some real answers about myself.” Johnny said. “You know whenever the subject of what I am or where I came from comes up, my Ma is always vague or dodges it completely.”

“Maybe she doesn’t know, or maybe… she’s still trying to protect you.” Orchard Star guessed.

How? By hiding my own past from me?” Johnny questioned, looking upset.

“Johnny…” Orchard began.

“Listen, it may be crazy but I got to know the truth about my life!” Johnny stated, firmly. “I’m going.”

Johnny then began to walk away until Sunspot suddenly zipped over and blocked his path.

“No way! If you’re going, we’re going with you!” Sunspot declared. “Ain’t that right, guys?”

“Yeah!” Wave Crasher agreed, enthusiastically.

“Of course!” Orchard Star agreed.

“Yes. I will follow you anywhere, my friend.” Ironhorn nodded.

“No, it’s too dangerous.” Johnny stated. “Besides, this is my quest. It has nothing to do with you guys, ok?”

The others all gave him a hard stare.

“And… there’s no talking you guys out of this, is there?” Johnny guessed.

“Do you need to ask?” Orchard Star remarked, smiling.

“Yeah, I told you; if you’re going, so are we.” Sunspot stated. “Besides, you know I’d never leave ya hanging.”

Johnny smiled. “Thanks, you guys.”

“So… which way, ‘Captain’?” Orchard smiled back.

Johnny’s face fell. “Uh… I’m not really sure…” he admitted, the others looked surprised by this.

“So… you didn’t even know where to start looking?” Ironhorn questioned.

Johnny rubbed the back of head, embarrassed. “Uh… maybe? I’m sorry…”

“Crasher don’t you dare make a joke about this one!” Sunspot warned him, the Sea Pony still smirked but screamed when Sunspot got really close to him. “Oh, come on! I didn’t even touch you this time! I’m just warning you not to say any more of your lousy jokes.”

“Or what? You’ll soccer it to me?” Crasher questioned, teasingly as he held up a soccer ball to Sunspot’s face. She responded to it with a kick to the face.

“You deserved that one,” she commented.

“Maybe we should try the Everfree Forest?” Orchard Star suggested.

“But isn’t that place forbidden?” Johnny pointed out.

“Come on, it’s just a forest, how bad could it be?” Sunspot pointed out.

“I don’t know… I’ve been told that anything that comes out of that forest is bad news.” Crasher voice.

“Except Zecora.” Ironhorn added. The others nodded in agreement.

“But why there, Orchard?” Johnny inquired.

“Well, nopony really knows what’s beyond, maybe we’ll find something interesting.” Orchard Star pointed out. “Maybe even another world, one where you’re from perhaps.”

“Hope so…” Johnny confessed. “I’m getting tired of being the only me in Equestria…”

“Yeah, that would stink…” Wave Crasher admitted.

“Indeed.” Ironhorn agreed.

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Sunspot declared.

“Maybe we should tell your Mom or some of the other adults…” Orchard pointed out.

“No, if I tell her I’m doing this she’ll never let me go.” Johnny reasoned. “I have to do this. But if you guys wanna stay behind… I won’t blame you. The last thing I want is to get you all in trouble or worse…”

“Are you crazy?” Sunspot questioned. “Of course we’re coming, besides at our age we’re supposed to defy our parents, it’s like a law or something.”

“It is?” Crasher asked, surprised.

“No it isn’t, but still we’re going regardless.” Ironhorn stated.

“Got that right.” Orchard nodded.

“Ok then, let’s go.” Johnny declared. They all cheered in response, as they began to leave.


Around the same time, Applejack had just entered the barn where Big McIntosh was working, she seemed to have a worried look on her face.

“Hey uh Big Mac? have you seen Johnny?” Applejack inquired. “I haven’t seen him in a while.’

“Nope,” he responded.

“Hmm, strange… he said he was going to go hang with his friends… but they usually come here for a snack whenever their hungry, and it’s already passed lunch time…” Applejack pointed out. Her eyes narrow. “I got a bad feeling about this…”

As she said this, the shadow that was stalking them seemed to hear her and slithered back into the darkness.


Then before along, Johnny and his friends were all standing at the entrance to the scary looking Everfree Forest, which hasn’t seemed to have changed even after all those years. They had all gathered a couple of things and put them in their saddle bags and hoped they would come in handy sooner than later.

“Well… here it is.” Johnny said.

“The Everfree Forest…” The others all said in unison.

“Where ponies go in… but they never come out! Ooh…” Sunspot finished in a spooky tone which freaked Wave Crasher out a bit, however the others were all completely unfazed.

“Knock it off.” Ironhorn told her. “You are being childish Sunspot.”

“Says the bison who sleeps with a teddy bear.” Sunspot mocked him.

“Alright, move out!” Johnny said as they began to head inside the Everfree Forest. Unknown to them, they were being watched by something in the shadow, or more specifically a shadow. It slowly began to follow them into the forest.


Later on, the five of them continued to slowly make their way through the dense and creepy looking forest and only Crasher and Orchard looked scared for their lives while the rest just trotted on ahead. They saw multiple creepy looking trees and heard various sounds from creatures that they could not identify. Eventually the two of them hear a noise and immediately freak out, causing them to jump onto the nearest pony for safety.

“Crasher, let go of me, it was just the wind.” Johnny told him.

Orchard Star shook in fear a bit before she noticed that she was holding onto Ironhorn, who had frozen up and was now blushing.

“Oh! Sorry about that!” she apologized as she released him.

“No problem…” he muttered, stunned.

“Ugh! Stop acting like babies you two!” Sunspot told them, annoyed.

“A baby would have cried and ran off in the opposite direction by now!” Crasher exclaimed.

“We’re not going back! We’ve all been walking for hours!” Johnny stated, firmly.

“Let’s walk back a few hours! Then we can get ourselves out of this poor excuse for a dark closet once and for all!” Crasher pleaded.

“Relax! Like I said; it’s just a stupid forest!” Sunspot stated. Wave Crasher then stood up straight and composed himself.

“Yeah, you’re probably right, like you said; how bad could it be?” Crasher asked before all of a sudden a giant spider jumped down from out of nowhere and landed in front of them. It roared while they all screamed. “I hate this forest!”

“What do we do!?” Orchard Star shrieked.

Johnny looked up, saw a dark cloud above them and got an idea. “I got it! Sunspot! See that cloud up there?” he asked, pointing to up above them.

“Uh-huh, why?” she inquired, curiously.

“Make sure it’s directly over it and then kick it, you follow me?” Johnny questioned.

“Yeah, I gotcha!” The Pegasus smirked as she flew up.

While the others continued to back up to avoid getting eaten by the spider, the yellow blur that was a Pegasus named Sunspot went up to one of the dark clouds and positioned it over the giant spider below her.

“Hey, Spider creep!” Sunspot called out. “Heads up!

The Spider looked up, saw that Sunspot was about to buck a cloud above it and got a look that said; ‘Uh-oh!’ on his face.

Then Sunspot kicked the cloud just like Johnny told her and a lightning bolt came down and struck the spider, electrocuting it. The others watched in amazement before it finally exploded, covering them in the spider’s gooey remains, much to their disgust.

“WOW! That was nice!” Wave Crasher remarked.

“Ugh! Gross! I’m gonna need to take a bath twenty times a day!” Orchard complained.

“Me too.” Ironhorn nodded, solemnly.

Sunspot floated down. “Yeah… any chance you got a wet napkin in that bag of tricks there, Johnny?” she asked.

Johnny nodded slowly and took out some cloth’s for them to use, which they all grabbed and began to rub themselves with it rather quickly.


After the incident with the spider, the gang continued their journey through the forest, narrowly avoiding all the dangerous creatures that were around them and growing more and more exhausted

“Ugh… I’m so tired…” Crasher whined.

“Not me! I can keep going!” Sunspot boasted.

“You’re still a pony Sunspot, and even somepony like you will get tired eventually.” Ironhorn stated.

“Wow, aren’t you just a little ray of sunshine?” Sunspot muttered, sarcastically.

“He’s got a point Sunspot, plus I think we’re all tired.” Johnny said.

“Maybe we should consider camping somewhere once it gets dark.” Orchard Star suggested.

“Oh! Camping! What a great idea!” Sunspot remarked, her voice dripping with sarcasm again. “If our plan is to try and get eaten by another monster anyway.”

“Stop being a wimp.” Ironhorn told her, bluntly.

“Hey!” Sunspot protested.

“He’s right, since when did you become scared of this place?” Wave Crasher questioned her.

“Since a giant spider nearly ate us!” Sunspot stated.

“Well, don’t worry Sunspot, we’re still together, still friends.” Orchard said.

“She’s right, and I do believe that the worst is behind us now.” Johnny expressed. Just then, the shadow that was flowing them slithered into a crack in the ground, which Johnny noticed for a brief moment, but before he could say anything about it, a little tremor was felt beneath their hooves, surprising them.

“What was that?” Orchard remarked. They then heard a rumbling noise.

“Nothing good...” Sunspot said to Ironhorn who shook his head.

“Well… it wasn't from the sky... more like from… underneath us…” Crasher muttered, slowly as the ground beneath them began to shake, then finally split in half.

They all screamed as the two plates of earth began to split apart and unbalance them, most of the others fell and rolled down one side while Johnny rolled down the other. By the time the shaking stopped, the two pieces of rock were now a great distance away from each other.

“Guys! Are you ok!?” Johnny called out, concerned.

One the other side the rest of the group groaned as they began to stand back up and regain their composure.

“Yeah… but we’re completely cut off from you.” Orchard informed him. She turned to the injured Sunspot who rubbed her wing. “And Sunspot’s wing is hurt, she can’t fly.”

“This was no earthquake…” Johnny muttered to himself.

“What was that?” Orchard inquired.

“Uh… you guys stay there, I’ll try to find another way to get to you.” Johnny said.

“Ok, be careful.” Orchard told him. Johnny nodded and then took off.

“So? What are we supposed to do?” Sunspot questioned. “Sit around here?”

“That’s what Johnny told us to do.” Orchard said.

“Plus we have no choice, to face the dangers of this forest we all need to be together.” Ironhorn stated.

“And until Johnny gets here… I’ll entertain us with some jokes!” Wave Crasher declared, cheerfully.

All the color then drained from Sunspot’s body as she groaned. “Ugh, just kill me now… quick… do it fast…”


An hour or so later, Johnny continued his trek through the forest as he tried to find another way to reach the other’s side but was continuously blocked by thick trees and dead ends. He grew frustrated as he walked down a long, grassy pathway.

Johnny sighed. “Man… I have no idea how long he had been walking. Everything is starting to look the same…” he muttered. “Maybe I’ll never get out.

Just then Johnny noticed a familiar blue butterfly, which he had not seen in years fly around him, which made him smile. Happy to see his old friend again.

“It’s you…” he breathed. “Your back…”

The butterfly flew around him a few more times before it then began to fly off in another direction, much to his surprise.

“Hey, wait!” Johnny called out as he chased after the butterfly.

The teen rushed through the dense forest and pushed past multiple branches and leafs as he continued to chase the butterfly but eventually he lost sight of it and ended up losing it completely when he arrived on the other side. He gazed around the grassy plain.

“Where did it go?” Johnny wondered.

Just then, he heard a loud scream nearby and quickly turned his head towards it.

“What was that?” he wondered. The screamed continued. “Somepony’s in trouble… maybe one of the others… better go see!”

The teen rushed over to the source of the scream and arrived at the edge of a small hill, where below he could see somepony being chased through the forest by a giant Timberwolf.

“Oh man, a timberwolf!” Johnny gasped, his eyes narrowed. “I gotta stop it before whoever that pony is gets eaten.”

Johnny looked around for something to use to fight it with and found a heavy rock the size of an apple and a fallen tree branch. He smiled and grabbed them both. He then threw the rock to daze the wolf just as it cornered whatever it was that it was chasing and then he charged down the hill with branch in hand and hit it with all his might knock its jaw loose. Finally, before it could react Johnny gave it a strong kick, which, thanks to all his years Applebucking, sent it flying until it fell into a ditch and broke apart.

The fifteen-year old smirked. “All bark… not bite,” he said before his face fell upon realizing what he just said. He sighed. “It seems Wave Crasher has rubbed off on me.”

He then noticed the being the timberwolf was currently hiding behind a tree in front of him, he could tell because he could hear whoever it was, breathing.

“Hey, the wolf’s gone now. You ok?” Johnny asked.

“I… think so…” The unknown person in front of him said, revealing to be a girl, as she began to come out from behind the tree.

“Oh, good, because…” Johnny began before he looked at who he just saved. His voice trailed off soon after that as he stared at her looking very shocked.

In front of him stood what appeared to be another creature like him, only female and approximately a year younger. She had slightly darker skin, brown hair that nearly reached her shoulders like his own and also had oddly shaped dark brown eyes. She wore a white vest with black linings over a silver colored shirt, black shorts and long black boots. She also wore black glasses.

Johnny stared at the female in shock, completely baffled and amazed that there was another creature, like him in Equestria.

“No way…” Johnny breathed, shocked.