• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 1,554 Views, 77 Comments

ToaNE: Rise - NightsongWrites



The Equestrian Empire has risen, but is still a small, seemingly weak nation. When powers vie to control the struggling land, war will sweep across the globe, even as a dark threat approaches from the horizon.

  • ...
11
 77
 1,554
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 40 )

I await the flames.:pinkiecrazy:

P.S my avatar is oddly appropriate.

Spitfire actually spits fire. How appropriate.

oh boy it is going to be good!

Apaarently the Griffins are also idiots as well as poor planners, these Equestrians are not the 'love and friendship' types anymore.

Hmmm. kill foals of a known military race that WILL go on crusade when you get them angry...


*Starts carving a tomb stone that says Here lies the ENTIRE Griffon race*

Oh, and Im joining them. NOBODY hurts innoncents when Im around and gets away with it *bares my teeth and claws and lets out a low Growl*

Rainbow Dash knew that the Imperial Magic Corps would be able to bring all of the students back to life.

You do realize this system will eventually bite them in the flanks in the near future. For a small nation this is not that bad but it will lead to quick overpopulation which would make them expand. From how this is looking, it will look like they would be expanding into griffon territory after they kill them all. While immortality is nice they also have to accept death, not cheat it.

Angering a pegasus pony with any bit of political power is a bad idea.

Ohhhhhh, boy, is it ever!:twilightangry2:

Especially when that Pegasus Pony is Spitfire.:twilightangry2:

Oh, yeah, those griffons are toast.:ajsmug:

(The majority of them quite literally, I'm thinking.)

On another note, to my mind, attacking and killing foals just proves to me what absolute cowards that the Northern Griffons are. Attacking and killing children? Not the smartest move on their part.

Also, I'm thinking that they've forgotten (conveniently, or otherwise) that Equestria has the ability to bring their citizens, of whatever age, back to life, good as new. (Well, relatively speaking , that is.)

You'd think that the featherbrained idiots would've learned from what happened during the Equestrians' war with the Caribou, wouldn't you? But nooooooo.........

5483828 Well put, on both counts, my friend.

5483830 Indeed.

But remember, the Southern Griffons are still (I think, anyway) allies to the Equestrian Empire, as are the Saddle Arabians and the Ruskalan Empire. (As well as the Sea Ponies.:pinkiehappy:) I'm thinking that the Southern Griffons need to be given the benefit of the doubt in all this, given that they disapproved of what General Highwing said in that meeting in the first chapter.

*pulls out popcorn maker and cashier

come one come all great fight gearing up

grab your popcorn here

5483876 That's a very long term problem and assumes no advances in technology. You're also assuming they don't let people die of old age, which might be a good assumption actually. I wouldn't. :derpytongue2:

But, in the worst case, they could just leave most of the resurrected ponies as undead. Undead don't need to eat, right? And wouldn't have more kids.

5483876
Most of the problems of overpopulation boil down to not enough food and other necessities of life to go around. Those "necessities" are entirely optional for a good portion of Equestria's population. They could go pretty far before they'd actually run in to any serious issues with crowding.

If there's one thing you do not do ever, it's start attacking the young. Any male is bad when riled, but you attack a child and you'll get every mother that youngling's parents know coming after you with anything they can get their hands on, and while the males will kill you, the females would be more likely to turn you into stew, while you're still alive, and it wouldn't be the type that needs whole bodies either.

That said though, Dforgrym, armour up. We've got idiots to slaughter. Let's see how they like waking a broody she-dragon that's half-starved from egg watch and low on sleep from the same. Particular when said dragon can set the lot of them on fire with her mind.

well, it looks like the Country of Northern Griffonia is about to become a MASSIVE CRATER. this might sound very uncouth of me, but this attack reminds me of 9/11; the Muslim Terrorists (Northern Griffonia) didn't just poke the Hornets nest known as the USA (Equestrian Empire) they took a BASEBALL BAT To it!

:facehoof: Wow ok this is why there is the saying "Hell hath no fury then a female scroned" the Northen Griffens are going to be ash. As for the raising the dead I think they limit it to death by unnatural means like in the case of the vitems of the bombs here.

5484379 Very true.

And what you said brings to mind something that I heard while watching a documentary on World War II on December 7th, 2014, celebrating the 73rd Anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on Sunday, December 7th, 1941 (my late mom was a couple of months over 2 years old then. But back to the subject).

The head Naval officer of the Japanese Royal Navy, as any history buff knows, was Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who said this:

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." [upon learning of the success of the Japanese raid on Pearl Harbor]

He also said this, in reference to invading the American mainland (likely on our West Coast):

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

(Also bear in mind that this man was a naval military genius (well, he was a military genius, period!), and even the Allied leadership of the war acknowledged this.)

Getting back to the subject, though, both of these quotes would serve the Northern Griffons' stupidity in this attack on Equestria's Pegasi and their aerial cities, and other attacks. Mainly because the Equestrian Empire, to my mind, represents the same "sleeping giant" to their enemies as we Americans of WWII did to Admiral Yamamoto and the Japanese forces.

5484414 Well put.

5484679
but unlike the US Military, which has to deal with a Congressional Leash (which won't allow the US Military to properly Eradicate the Enemy) I foresee Empresses Twilight and Cadence PERSONALLY Eradicating Northern Griffonia for the loss of thousands of innocent Lives.

5484811 Hmmmm, interesting point there.

And I think you might be right. I don't think that they, or the Pegasi, are gonna be any too tolerant over this one, either.

Look at old RD! If she went back and told her past self how loving she'd be, she wouldn't have been believed! Those poor foals... The griffins will pay!

I think its safe to say any chance of a diplomatic action has been rendered null in void. -FURTHER COMMENT REMOVED PRIOR TO POSTING-

Alright, shit is about to hit the fan.

5497122 I think it already has, thanks to the Griffons.

I just hope that they're not using the old "Divide and conquer" routine with our favorite Ponies.

I wouldn't put it past them in this, though.

On another note, I wonder when we'll get Chapter 4? It's been a bit over a month since we got Chapter 3, and I'm anxious to see what's going to happen next.

5390430

rarity's reputation as a premier Clothier can grant her access to Very Highly ranked officials, and even the most heavily guarded of intelligence can be garnered with enough Alcohol and a Willing ear.

well, that was idiotic.

5957355 Yes! It's just... /crazy,/ isn't it? ^___~

Comment posted by cpl_scipio deleted Jun 10th, 2015
Comment posted by cpl_scipio deleted Jan 30th, 2018

Just finished the first story, awesome by the way, and just moved on to this one. But it looks like this one has been on hiatus for a while. You put a comment up last week on the first one so maybe I can expect some new chappies soon?

5483700 As is your username, although I think it's a bit insufficient compared to Spitfire.

Just read what has been posted so far, and I can soundly say this: Northern Griffonia. You have absolutely f***ed up. BIG TIME.

Something that can be said for a lot of things is the attacking and murdering of children. It's unethical in war and is met with extreme prejudice. Even killers that end up in prison generally abide by the unspoken law of not murdering children (unless you are in fact a child killer). A lot of times, from what I've heard anyway, if you go to prison for murdering children...a good majority of your prison inmates will hate you. In worse case scenarios, some will even go out of their way to make your stay a living hell.

Children are often the representation of innocence. To attack or kill a child, is a line that you don't EVER cross. To do so will bring about untold fury from others. So Spitfire's rage is completely understandable. It's one thing to attack soldiers, or other adults, but Northern Griffonia has made an awful mistake that they will soon regret. 5484679 summed it up quite nicely.

Not to mention that I cannot believe the audacity that Northern Griffonia, the Minotaur Empire, and the Camelu Caliphate have at calling the Equestrian Empire freaking slaves! I hope those three nations eat their words and get their comeuppance because they are in for a world of hurt.

Nice what you have completed thus far! I really liked the first story, and I will make sure to stick around and read this one. See ya next chapter!




~ Super-Brony12

6923499 Well put, and I totally agree with you on all of it.

6923598
Thanks! When I read your comment that had the Japanese Admiral's quote after the attack on Pearl Harbor, I needed to include your comment in my review. That is one of my favorite war-time based quotes because it fits so well, with so many scenarios. :pinkiehappy:



~ Super-Brony12

6923879 You're very welcome.

And I'm glad that you like it. I thought that it just seemed to fit that situation.

Cool, and yep, it does.

I'm eagerly awaiting more chapters! Awesome job! You have me enthralled and sitting on the edge of my seat!!!:rainbowdetermined2:

I cant wait for more, here is hoping you will continue this story.:heart:

I have no faith that you'll ever finish this story.

Every time I re-reas this, I can only come to one conclution about the Griffons, Camels and Minitours...

They don't know... they don't know that the Equestrian armys will just rise again as undead when you kill them.
That is the only explination baring outside forces influencing them in some inderect way.

I'm tired of being story-blocked, so is this story dead or no?

Is this story now in the dead zone or is it in actually haiutus

10084938
it’s dead

It’s literally been five years...
It’s definitely ded

Login or register to comment