• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 638 Views, 17 Comments

The Evil Inside - LoveNote



Love Note is just your ordinary pegasus mare, unless you say that having no color on her body is not ordinary. She lives two lives, one in hiding and the other there is no hiding. But once she meets a nice stallion, there is no hiding all of her.

  • ...
3
 17
 638

Chapter 5

Darkness. The floor under me is vibrating. My wings are pulled to the sides of me. I try to stand. Pain shoots threw my side. I pull on my wings even though I know what the out some will be. Pain. I pull again. More pain. I stop when I hear a buzz. I look up, trying to find the red light. Its not there. Instead, there is a completely black pony standing inches from my face. I scream and try to jump back. The things attached to my wings don't let me. pain shoots up my side again, stronger this time. The pony in front of me has no face. He reaches towards me and places his hoof on my face. I try to pull my head away but I cant. I cant move at all.

"You're time is now. Awake."

I open my eyes. I feel the familiar feeling of sweat on my coat. My body is shaking. I look around. I'm not in my room. Beat is sitting in a chair next to me. He is reading a book. He looks up and catches me staring at him.

"Love! You're awake." He jumps up, knocking the book onto the ground. "Thank god." He sighs. A nurse comes in. She starts to mess with the machine next to me.

"How are you feeling Love Note?" She asks me. I look up at her then back at Beat. How did I get hear? I try to think back. Date. Kiss. Run. Bridge. Jump.

"How did I get here?" I ask her. She looks over at Beat and smiles.

"Your friend here brought you here after you fell off of the bridge. You're lucky that he was there when he was." She says to me and walk out of the room. Beat brought me here?

"After you left the restaurant I followed you, thinking that there was something wrong. You went to the bridge. You looked completely freaked out and then you jumped." His voice fades off. He bites his lip and looks at me with confusion in his eyes. "Why did you jump?" He sounds hurt.

"I was being chased by some pony. They trapped me on the bridge and I could not use my wings. So I just jumped. I was scared.." Beat looks me in the eyes.

"Love Note, I was the one who was following you. I met you at the bridge and started to run to you because you looked freaked." I look away from him. He was the one who was chasing me? No, there were two.

"There was another pony on the other side of the bridge. He used magic on me. You are an earth pony, so you cant use magic. I thought I was trapped. I didn't realize the other pony was you." I say softly. Beat must have been so scared when he saw me jump. "I'm so sorry Beat." He places his hoof on my arm.

"Its ok, Love. Just don't go jumping off of bridges again." Beat leans closer to me. "I'll protect you." Maybe Beat really does like me. Maybe I can be wanted by some pony. A shooting pain stabs into me. It moves threw my entire body. I cry out and curl up. Beat jumps up and runs to the door. He yells something out the door and then runs back over to me. He says something to me as another pain shoots threw me. I close my eyes just as the nurse comes running over to me. I welcome the numbing darkness when it comes.

I had to stay in the hospital two more days after my episode. They had to make sure that I was ok before letting me go. I got out just in time to get ready for my next gig at the club. Beat stayed with me at the hospital the entire time. It was nice company.

I put on my purple eye shadow and put some purple sparkles on my legs and the tips of my wings. I leave my cutie mark alone this time. Vinyl and Tavi are both waiting for me in the living room. After my attack and scare they decided that I cant go anywhere alone. Tonight, they are going with me to the club.

"So, what exactly do you do at the club?" Vinyl ask me. I forgot that I hadn't told Tavi what I do there.

"I sing. With my band, the Moonlight Dancers." I reply casually as we reach the door. Vinyl looks happy with my answer.

"Hey I heard of them! That's you? You're getting kinda popular in the club." She exclaims.

"That's because they don't know me as Love Note there. I am Moonlight. Could you call me that when your there, please?" I ask. I don't want the ponies in the club to recognize the name. Vinyl and Tavi look at each other.

"Uh, yeah. Sure thing, Moonlight." I smile back at them. I can trust them to remember what to call me. We make it to the club and head in. They stay near the back as I make my way towards the band room. Griffin and Studs were not there yet. I walk over to my closet and pull out my almost black purple mini skirt and tank top. I slip a leather jacket over the top and put on tall socks. The jacket had unbuckled buckles on it. I look like a punk. Perfect.

The door opens behind me and I look back. There was a black and red stallion standing by the door. He smiles at me and I see fangs. Fear rises up in me and I look around. Griffin and Studs should be here soon.

"You cant be back here. You need to leave, right now." I hold my head up and stand my ground. Maybe if i'm firm, he will leave. He chuckles, shattering my confidence.

"Don't worry, sweetie, I wont hurt you. My boss would be very unhappy with me for that. I'm just here for the show." He turns and starts to walk out. "We will meet again soon, Love." I freeze at the use of my name. The stallion was gone. My breath comes back to me. I did not even know I was holding it. Griffin and Studs walk in and look at me.

"Looks like you just saw a ghost!" Studs walk up to me. "You ok, princess?" I shove him away.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?" I turn and sit on the couch. We have to go on stage soon. Studs jumps on the couch next to me.

"Because you don't like it, and i'm a butt." He admits. I smile and shake my head. That's true. He is a butt. Griffin slips on a leather jacket and some buckle bracelets and throws a jacket at Studs. He slides into it and hops up. Studs hair is done up in a mohawk and it looks like he put some clear gel on his cutie mark, a guitar. It stands out tonight. Maybe I should have put something on mine.

"Lets head out." Griffin says and heads to the stage door. I jump off the couch and follow him. I think about what the black and red stallion said. I'm just here for the show Its probably nothing, but I feel something in my stomach that just does not sit well with me. The second I make it to the stage I forget about everything and just let the music surround me.

The set went well. Great, actually. All of the ponies loved our newest song, Last Resort. I wrote it in the hospital. It went great even though we did not have a lot of practice on it. I walk onto the dance floor in search of my friends. They were still standing in the back of the crowd, right where I left them.

"Tavi, Vinyl!" I call to them and trot over. They were talking to each other and did not seem the hear me. "Tavi? Vinyl?" I say as I reach them. They both jump.

"Oh hey, Moonlight." Vinyl says carefully. Both of them eye me. "Why are you wearing colored contacts? They are kinda, well, freaky." Tavi leans close to me.

"They look so real.." She adds after Vinyl. I look at them confused. I'm not wearing colored contacts.

"I'm not wearing colored..." My voice trails off as I spot the black and red stallion standing behind them a distance. His red eyes were locked on mine. "I will be right back." I say quickly and push past them. I don't know why, but I feel a pull towards this stallion. He smiles at me, flashing his fangs and starts to walk towards the door of the club. I pause, feeling like I should not follow him. The pull towards him gets stronger and as I start to walk again it feels like i'm not even controlling my body.

I make it to the door and slip out. The stallion is no where to be seen. I step out farther and look around. The hair on my back stands up. I spin around and find myself face to face with the stallion.

"Perfect timing." He purrs at me. "My, or shall I now say our, boss will be very happy." He pulls a small mirror out of his saddle bag and faces it at me. I feel the blood drain from my face. My grey eyes were red. Blood red. I feel the tips of my wings tingle.

"What.." I whisper. This is....., perfect. I feel a smile come to my face. Fangs show from under my lifted lips. I feel a strange surge of energy coarse threw my veins. Thoughts flow into my brain. Now they will pay. Those ponies who judged me, hurt me. They will get what they deserve. The stallion leans over and puts his mouth near my ear.

"You know what to do, follow your thoughts." I feel a shiver vibrate threw my body. "This was what you were made for." He turns and walks away. Evil thoughts flow freely in my head. Thoughts of pain, death, revenge. The door to the club opens and I shoot into the air and hover over the two ponies below me. One is blue and white and the other is grey with purple eyes. I smile.

"Moonlight?" The grey one calls out. I feel a click in my spirit. That voice is familiar. "Where did she go?" I land on the roof of the building next to me. The two ponies say something to each other quietly and then start to walk away from the building. I try to think about the voice but my thoughts were quickly devoured by desire. I jump off of the building and open my wings. The wind feels good in my face.

I search the ground for something, some pony. The desire in my soul grows stronger. I feel myself growl. I spot 4 ponies hanging out in a dark ally. A smile grows on my face. I tuck my wings against my body and shoot towards them like a bullet. Right before I hit the ground I stretch my wings out and pull my hind leg up. I land with perfect aim, right in the center of the ponies. They all scream and jump back.

I glare at them all, one at a time, daring them to come at me. A black and yellow stallion steps froward.

"Who the HELL do you think you are?" He snaps at me. His voice sparks anger in me. I jump on him, hitting him in the jaw. He falls back, and I pounce on his neck. My fangs sink into his neck. I hear the other ponies scream and start to run off. Warm blood flows onto my tongue and I reluctantly jump off of him back into the air. Ill come back and finish him later. I speed off towards the other ponies. A blue and yellow stallion was in the lead and I fly straight into him. He yelps and hits the ground. I hear a crack as he hits and rolls. I turn towards the other two, a black and green mare and a orange and white stallion. The mare, a pegasus, takes to the sky and I follow her. I catch her right away by the tail and throw her onto the ground. She curls into a ball and whimpers. I look at the other stallion. He is staring at me wide eyed and shaking. I smile at him. His eyes lock onto my fangs and I see the blood drain from his face. I jump on him, knocking him to the ground, and sink my fangs into his warm neck.

His blood flows into my mouth and I feel my desire slowly fade. I leave the other two ponies alone, and take back to the sky. My thoughts slowly fade and I fly in silence. I land on a building and look out over the town. I feel myself ache for more. Not for more blood, but for destruction. My wings start to tingle again and I look back. The black on them seem to be spreading. Over half of my wing is black.

A stabbing pain shoots threw my side and I yelp. A name pops into my head, only for a second, before it was over taken by more thoughts of destruction. I try to think of the name again, and pain shoots into my side again. The harder I think the stronger the pain.

Beat.

I pass out from the pain.