• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 638 Views, 17 Comments

The Evil Inside - LoveNote



Love Note is just your ordinary pegasus mare, unless you say that having no color on her body is not ordinary. She lives two lives, one in hiding and the other there is no hiding. But once she meets a nice stallion, there is no hiding all of her.

  • ...
3
 17
 638

Chapter 1

Everything is dark. The vibrations under me say that i am in a moving vehicle. I try to stand, but a shooting pain shocks up my side. There is something attached to the tips of my wings. I pull at them, trying to tuck them against my body. They snag, whatever is holding them has no plan on letting go anytime soon. I pull harder and the pain in my side comes back stronger this time. I yelp and go limp. My wings stretch back out and I hear a buzz. I lift my head towards the buzz, straining to see something, anything. There is a small red light. It looks like it is on some sort of box. All of a sudden the light changes to green and my wings pull taut, lifting me off of the ground painfully. There is a sound like a pop and a bright flash of light, a shocking pain throughout my whole body, a scream, and then darkness.

I scream and jump out of my bed. My whole body is covered with sweat and shaking. I try to slow my crazy breathing and calm down. It was just a dream. It was just the dream. Again. I take a deep breath and look at the clock. 6:00 am. My wings are tingling and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I don't know why that dream gets to me like it does. I mean its just a dream.

I take another deep breath and head out into the living room. Early in the morning is the only time our house is quiet. I live here with two other mares who found me after my accident. No other pony gave me a second look. Can't blame them though. I walk towards the bathroom to clean up. A warm shower tends to help my shivers. I shower and make my way back to the living room. Everything is still quiet. I look at the clock again. 7:13 am. Normal ponies are still asleep at this hour. Me, well I think i'm going to go for a walk.

Once i'm in the cold air of the morning I smile. Its still dark out, but the sun is threatening to get up. No pony else is up yet, giving me the space I desire. Not like any pony would be talking to me anyways. They just tend to avoid me. I sigh again, my breath making a fog in the cool air. Ever since Vinyl and Octavia found me by the Everfree forest the ponies here have not liked me. The color of my mane and coat does not help. Or the colorlessness of my coat and mane I should say. Being the only black and white pony Equestria has seen does not help my popularity as you would think. The stories about me don't help either. I'm just a normal pony with an odd coat. I did not choose this.

I reach the bridge and stop, looking over the side. The turning river below is moving fast. Three years ago a pony fell off the bridge and died. Now mares keep their fillies and colts away from here. Its just too easy to slip right off into the grasp of the dark water below. I lean farther over the side. Sometimes I just want to... I slip. My wings shoot out to the sides of me and flap. I hover over the water, nearly inches. A roster crows, letting every one know the sun was about here. I can see the first rays peeking up over the horizon. My wings take me back up to the bridge and I quickly make my way back towards my house. I want to be there before too many ponies get up and start to walk around. I look at the ground as I walk to not make eye contact with the ponies I know are staring. Walking fast, going the long way around the center of town. I go out of my way to avoid the ponies around me. I run into some pony and land on my butt. In front of me is a big blue stallion. He glares at me before realizing who I am. I watch the look in his eyes change from annoyance to fear.

"I, i'm sorry! I was not, uh, looking where I was going. I promise it will never happen again!" He slurs out before running off. I sigh and stand up. Three sentences. It's a record. I take off, flying this time. I stay lower then the other pegasuses but higher then the houses. Is it a bad thing that the anger and frustration I saw in that stallion's eyes made me happy? I land at my house and walk inside. Music hits me right away. Vinyl is up. She is laying on the couch eating popcorn. Dub step is blasting from our speakers. She looks up and smiles at me.

"Hey! How was your walk?" She sits up, spilling the popcorn on her lap all over. She looks down. "Whoops. I'll pick that up!" I chuckle to myself. She smiles a wide smile at me.

"My walk was good. Thank you for asking." I start to pick up the popcorn and put it back into her now empty bowl. "Popcorn for breakfast?" I scold her, not like it would change anything. She smiles at me again, only this time her cheeks get a little red. Her horn glows blue and the rest of the popcorn floats up and lands back in the bowl.

"What can I say? Its yummy!" She shoves her face into the bowl and comes back up with a mouthful. I shake my head and walk to the kitchen. I grab some cereal and head back to my room. The second I walk into my room the chill I felt this morning comes back. I shiver for a second and turn on my little heater before flopping onto my bed. My cereal spills a little. At least there is no milk in it. I let my mind wonder a little. Back to when they found me. Back to my accident.

I feel a sting on my cheek and open my eyes a crack all I see is a bright white.

"VINYL! Don't hit her!" I hear a stern voice.

"Hey it worked! Wake up sleeping beauty!" Another voice. I open my eyes more. Color starts to mix with the white. Shapes start to form. I feel a hoof brush against my side. I cringe and open my eyes the rest of the way. I see clouds and trees over me. Two mares stand next to me. One is blue and white and the other is gray with purplish eyes.

"Can you talk?" The grey one says softly. I swallow and look at her fearfully.

"Who are you?" I speak, my voice scratchy and soft, almost as if I was loosing it. I see worry cross the grey pony's eyes and she looks over at her friend.

"This is Vinyl Scratch and i'm Octavia Melody. But please call us Vinyl and Octavia." The grey one, Octavia smiles at me. Vinyl sits back and points at Octavia.

"Or you can call her Tavi. I come with a lot of names. But Vinyl is fine, for now." Tavi glares at Vinyl and then sighs.

"Are you ok dear? Can you walk?" I look down at my hooves. Can I walk? I stand up and fall again. I whimper from the pain in my side and try again, this time managing to stay up. Stand, yes. Walk, I don't think so. I look at Tavi and see worry in her eyes again.

"Oh dear.. Uh, try putting your wings by your sides, not straight out." I look back at my wings. They were sticking straight out on either side of me. I slowly retract them. They feel stiff and sore. "Good! Now, can you walk?" I shake my head. "Uh, ok.. What's your name?" I freeze. My name? What is my name?

"Oh. Its Love Note. I think.." I say. I've heard that name before. I think that's my name. Tavi and Vinyl look happy at that.

"Ok good. Now, what are you doing here?" I look down and feel tears fall from my eyes.

"I... I don't know. I don't remember." The more I think the more I realize. "I don't remember anything."