• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 1,660 Views, 9 Comments

Felled - RazgrizS57



Princess Cadance gets corrupted by hatred and seeks out Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,660

Chapter V

Everything was white.

I awoke with a start, my lungs burning for breath and with my fur dripping with sweat. Something held me down but I forced it off and sat up, only to find myself in a plain white bed. My coat shone beautifully, clean and fresh. My mane had fallen over my eyes but it was soft, not at all ragged or soaking wet. My eyes were wide and pained, but I could see, and it hurt too much for me to think so I just let myself see and not think. I stared at the creamy marble walls opposite me, and the heavy curtains flapping to a gentle breeze, and the window between them that opened to the night world beyond, and the blue sky and the rising sun high above the horizon, and the northern mountains...

A bit of color entered my vision and my throat clenched. I turned to my side and found Princess Celestia herself sitting on a throw pillow at my bedside, her mane waving to a breeze of its own, quietly looking out the far window and sipping tea. After a long moment, she set her cup down and said, “I’m sorry.”

I blinked at her. My horn felt heavy. “I’m sorry?”

She smiled, tilting her head my way. “No, I am sorry,” she said. “We both are, Luna and I. We thought we sealed that accursed door months ago, but evidently, the spell we used was not strong enough to suppress what dark magic of King Sombra’s remained. I question whether or not you were even aware of its presence, and for that, you have our deepest regrets. It was a complete lack of oversight on our part, and I ask for your forgiveness.”

“My forgiveness?” I asked, the words coming out with too much effort. I tried again to speak, but those words failed to come, because my breath solidified inside my lungs as Princess Celestia’s words finally registered to me. And with them came a surge of memories, of the past month of work in the Crystal Empire, of King Sombra staring at me with a malicious grin from atop his throne, of timberwolves, Twilight... oh my goodness, Twilight. What have I...

Princess Celestia must’ve seen my expression, and her smile faded. Before I could even make a sound, she said, “You have nothing to be sorry for. You were under an influence and your actions were far beyond your control.”

“But I—”

“But if you insist on apologizing, then you are forgiven to the fullest extent.”

“I-I...!” What thought I had fizzled and I suddenly didn’t want to think it. “H-how... how’s Shining Armor? The Crystal Empire? I didn’t do—”

“Everything is fine,” Princess Celestia cooed. She placed a hoof on my own and gently squeezed it. “Shining Armor is doing well, and I believe the current plan is to bring him back to Canterlot to be with you in recovery. In fact, my sister is in the Crystal Empire as we speak, making sure everything is in order.”

“What about Twi...” I murmured. Everything slowly started to become blurry and my cheeks turned hot.

Princess Celestia smiled sweetly. “She is fine,” she said, nodding to the other side of the bed. I followed the motion and my heart nearly sunk; Twilight lay curled up on a pillow of her own, fast asleep. Celestia added, “Somehow, she convinced herself she’s to blame. I expect you two will have a very heartfelt reunion.”

A lump formed in my throat and I just about choked on it. “Please, Celestia, I don’t think I understand.”

“Then get some rest,” she whispered softly. She stood as if to leave. “I’m sure there are many things that confuse you. But you’re tired, I can tell. Please get some more sleep, and we’ll discuss everything in a bit of time.”

“Princess...” I muttered, reaching out towards her. She paused and tilted her head, nonetheless she leaned in close, and I was able to wrap my forelegs around her neck and pull tight. She looked startled, but after I started crying into her soft fur, she smiled and warmly returned the gesture.


written by, RazgrizS57
special thanks to: JohnPerry, RedSquirrel456, and Csquared08

Comments ( 8 )

Raz, you monster. You made this multiple chapters. Now I feel obligated to comment on every chapter, even though I've already read this.

Raz, why :applecry:

5211750
Because I love you and you love Sunset Shimmer. By the transitive property, I love Sunset Shimmer too. Math.

5211757
That's great and all, but how is that relevant to you being a monster?

5211764
It doesn't. I guess I'm just a monster and I'm going to have to live with that. I imagine it'll be fairly easy.

5211773
So long as we've established that.

5211757
Also

Because I love you

:heart:

Wow. This was really neat. Totally didn't see the ending coming at all, but this still managed to be really sweet and heartwarming.

Great job.

Even though this practically falls into the "it was just a dream" cliché, I still enjoyed the thought experiment of what if Cadence was evil.

Login or register to comment