• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 317 Views, 0 Comments

Let's Be Bat Ponies For A Day! - Angel Star



When Angel Star finds a spell that can transform regular ponies into bat ponies, she and her friend decide to be bat ponies for one day.(Mostly with Margaret convincing her to.) What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
 0
 317

Delicious Apples

Once we were out the door, we went our separate ways. Margaret tried flying to Ponyville, but she just ended up crashing into a tree. Once she got out though, she decided to work on her flying, and then get to pranking. I decided to work on my flying too, even though it was only going to last for a day. After a few trial and errors, I started to get the hang of it, and after a few more attempts, I was finally able to fly correctly. Though I still struggled a bit.
I decided to head towards the Everfree Forest, because I wanted to see what it was like flying above there. As I was about to go over there, I spotted a rather large puddle on the ground as I was flying. I landed next to it, so I could see what I actually looked like.

I started to look at my reflection in the water and thought, Whoa! I look really cool! I had red eyes like Margaret said, my ears were pointed, I had sharp fangs, my colors were darker, and I could now fully see my bat wings.
I was about to fly again, when I heard something growling. I was surprised at first, but then realized that it was just my stomach complaining. Sure, I could just go back home and eat something, but here's the thing, I started having a huge craving for apples! Margaret and I just finished the last two apples in our house yesterday. I couldn't go to Ponyville, because of the way I looked. There had to be a way to get apples somehow.

Then an idea came to my head.
I remember talking to Pinkie Pie one time, and she told me all about her friends and what they did. I also remember her talking about a specific pony who worked at the apple orchard, Sweet Apple Acres. I'm pretty sure if I just asked her nicely, she would give me some apples. I would have to explain the whole bat pony thing to her though.

It was settled. I decided to fly to Sweet Apple Acres to get some apples from Applejack.
I spread my wings and flew towards Sweet Apple Acres.


The flight there wasn't long, and I almost fell from the sky a few times, because my wings would not cooperate with me sometimes. I landed, and was starting to look around for the farm pony Pinkie was talking about. As I was walking I couldn't help but notice that the apples on the apple trees looked a lot more tasty-looking than usual. Seriously, my mouth was watering at the sight of them! It was too much, I couldn't take it anymore. I started flying into one of the trees, and ate a bunch of apples.
Little did I know that I had been spotted by the same Earth pony mare I was looking for. She looked up at the tree I was in and said, "Hey! What the hay are you doin' ta mah apple trees?"

I looked down at the Earth pony mare and my eyes started to widen with surprise and nervousness. "Oh! Uh, I wasn't eating your apples if that's what your thinking." I said, while rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

This mare was not having it. She had an angry look on her face and said, "Nice try, but I can tell when somepony is lyin' to me! Now get down here so we can talk face ta face."

After some thinking, I decided to go down there and apologize to her. I flew down, and was surprised to see the Earth pony mare wearing a face of pure shock instead of anger. Oops. I forgot about that.
Before I could explain myself, the Earth pony mare exclaimed, "Sweet apple pie! A bat pony who can talk!?"

"Look, before you freak out even more, can I just explain how I got like this? I wasn't a bat pony this morning." I said.

"Right, because ya got bit by one right?" She said, with a worried expression on her face.

"No. I didn't get bit. This transformation was caused by a spell." I said.

"There's a spell that can turn ponies into bat ponies?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's a long story." I said, sitting down.

"Well, go ahead. I've got time." She said, sitting down across from me.

"Well..."

One story later...

"And that's what happened."

"So, let me get this straight. Yer friend wanted ta be a bat pony, and managed ta get you ta become one too?" She asked.

"Pretty much. Oh, and sorry about the apple trees. They just looked so good!" I said, looking at them.

"It's alright. If ya wanted some apples ya could of just asked me. I'm Applejack by the way." She said, kindly.

I chuckled a bit and said, "Yeah. Probably should have done that. Nice to meet you Applejack! I'm Angel Star."

"Oh yeah. Aren't you that pony that just moved here a few weeks ago?" She asked.

I smiled and said, "Yes I am. How did you know?"

Applejack smiled, and simply answered, "Pinkie Pie told me."

So far, Applejack was a really nice mare once you got to know her. We started talking about the different things we did in our lives. Her saving Equestria with her friends a few times, and me telling her how many spells I learned in the past. I was about to tell her of a recent adventure I had with Margaret, when all of a sudden I heard screaming that sounded a lot like Margaret. I groaned, and said, "Oh no, what has she done now?"

Applejack gave me a confused look and said, "Uh, might I ask what that was?"

"That Applejack, was my friend Margaret. Something tells me that her ''little prank'' is getting out of hoof. Sorry, but I have to go. Maybe we could talk more later?" I said.

"Sure. Oh, and here, take these." She said, giving me a small bag of apples.

"Oh Applejack, I can't accept this! Not after what I did to your tree." I said, sadly.

"It's just one tree Angel, they'll grow back." She said.

"Well, if you insist." I said, holding the bag in my magic.

I was about to fly off when Applejack said, "Yer still paying for em though."

"Heh, heh! Right." I said, nervously.
After paying her, I spread my wings and was flying towards where I heard Margaret's scream.

Author's Note:

You know how bat ponies are with apples, they just can't control themselves. :trollestia:
Also, I really hope I did Applejack's wording right. This is also before the Bats! episode.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment