• Published 15th Oct 2014
  • 4,064 Views, 58 Comments

Becoming Twilight - Lucky Stars 0135



I suddenly woke up as the fictional character Twilight Sparkle. Is this the best dream ever or something much more.

  • ...
3
 58
 4,064

Chapter Three: Sweetie Belle and Rarity

Opening the door, I poked my around looking about for Rarity who was nowhere to be seen, stepping in I called out.

“Rarity? We're here to see about the decorations for the summer sun celebration,
are you in?”

Just then we heard a noise coming from the back room, just then a young filly came out.
It was Sweetie Belle!

“If you're looking for Rarity, she's at the town hall getting ready for the celebration," she said as she trotted up to us.

"who might you be?" Spike asked.

“I'm her sister, Sweetie Belle,” she answered with a grin.

And then looking up at me, she began giggling.

“What's happened your mane?” she said covering a laugh.

“Did you get into a fight with a weather pony?”

Spike began laughing again as he told her about the run in with Rainbow Dash.

As I waited for them to get over themselves, I looked around.
The boutique was just like the show, I could smell something though, like some kind of perfume, which made the whole room smell of flower's.

“Well, it was nice meeting you, but we should head to Town Hall and talk with Rarity.”

“Oh, that's too bad, I'm sure she'll be back any minute if you'd like to stick around.”

“No, that's alright,” I said nudging spike back out the door as he waved his goodbye's.

“See you ponies later!” Sweetie belle called.

Spike and I looked over the princess's letter again before heading to the Town Hall, which wasn't all that far away and being the tallest building here, was quite easy to find.
I must tell you, it was a nervous affair, meeting Rarity which became even more so after having gonna to the wrong place.

“What do you think she'll be like?” spike asked.

“I can't say that I know, Spike.”

Having seen the show I knew exactly what she would be like, but Twilight hadn't met her at this point and I was being careful not to let on that I knew more than I should.
Even if this turned out not to be a dream, I would definitely try to keep my self from being revealed until I figured this whole mess out.
I had day dreamed about this on this kind of situation before, so I already had a plan, but I had never accounted for having to learn magic.
When I had finished checking with the preparation’s, I would head to the library and see if I could find a book for young unicorns learning magic and get some practice in. I would certainly have to do it in secret.
I groaned inwardly, this was not going to be an easy affair after all, especially with the return of Nightmare Moon to worry about.
But for now I would just have to keep going and try not to worry, easier said than done.

Finally we arrived at town hall, once inside we saw a spacious room, with a stage at the far end, and there stood the one and only Rarity.
She was fussing over decoration's and hadn't heard us come in.

“Oh, how marvelous! No, not this, how about this, no...” she commented flustered, “Perhaps another color...”

As she turned to get another clump of streamer's from the box behind her, she saw us approaching, I began to greet her.

“Hello, my name is Twili”- before I could finish she called out, aghast.

“Oh my stars, whatever happened to your coiffure?”

Resistance was futile as Rarity dragged me from the building back towards Carousal Boutique, for what was apparently a dire emergency.
I called out to spike, who was trailing slowly behind with hearts in his eye's.
I had forgotten how smitten he had been so early on in the show and it was all I could do not to shout for help.
I had never been one for personal contact even though it was the Rarity doing the touching.
I'm was embarrassed and letting out my inner Flutter Shy

We arrived again at the boutique once again, as Rarity went off to fetch a hair brush.

“I'll be back in a moment, darling,” she said, ducking under a curtain and heading to the back room.

After she left I took a step back towards Spike.

“What should I do Spike?” I asked shaking with worry.

Spike shook himself into to focus and answered, “well, don't you think it's nice of her to help fix your mane? I can't see there being much to do besides wait.”

“I guess your right”, I said sinking to the floor.

I was just over reacting, I'd already dealt with Pinkie pie with out embarrassment, but that had been so sudden. I hadn't had the time to think about it, and here I was about to get a makeover from Rarity.
Before I had much more time to stew on this, Rarity had returned and I was being brought forwards towards a sink and having my mane moistened with a spay bottle as she began running a brush through it.

“well now, one really must wonder how you got your mane in such a horrid state, my dear.”
Suddenly Spike rushed forward ready to offer up the story, but I wasn't giving him the pleasure of it this time around.

“Oh, you know what this windy weather can do to a mane.”

“I certainly do, I'm just happy I was there to help you,” she said kindly.

It became quiet as she continued running the brush through my mane, I wasn't really sure what to say to her.

Finished with her task, Rarity floated the brush over to a nearby drawer and began pushing me over the back room.
It can't be helped, it can't be helped, it can't be helped, I thought over and over as outfit after outfit was thrown over my head.

“No,” said Rarity tossing one over onto a pile of clothes.

“These certainly won't do at all”

she retreated over to a large trunk and began rummaging through it.
What in the world could she possibly be trying to get? I wondered glancing around.
From the corner of my eye I could see Sweetie belle hiding behind one of the mirror's, upon seeing my notice she beckoned with her hoof.

Glancing back to Rarity, I made sure she was still busy before trotting over.

“What is it, Sweetie Belle?”

“I just wanted to know if you asked about the decoration yet.”

“I've seen them, though I haven't really gotten to the asking part.”

“do you need any help?” Sweetie Belle asked with a smile.

“I do need to get out of here.. do you think you can help with that?”

Without a word Sweetie disappeared around the corner and into the other room.
Sighing I turned back to Rarity who was trotting up levitating an unfamiliar garment in front of her.

“what is that thing!” I asked filled with uneasiness.

“haven't you ever seen a corset before?” Rarity asked with surprise.

Just then Sweetie Belle's voice came from the other room, and not a moment too soon.

“Hey Rarity! How many eggs do you want with dinner!?”

Rarity's expression filled with panic as she rushed from the room.

“oh no, Not again!”

Seeing my chance, I nudged Spike from the room,

“come on, we need to get to the next thing on the list.”

“Awe, can't we wait around for a bit?” Spike begged as he began walking with me towards the door.

“We can always come back later,” I replied.

We were outside! Home free I thought as we returned our attention to the list.
The next pony was Flutter Shy and just as if it had been planned that from the beginning, we heard the sound of birds singing in the distance.

We were finally almost done, so with out further ado we headed towards the sound.

Author's Note:

I finally did my own editing! :twilightsmile: I don't think I did too badly thank's to Ezn's guide.