• Published 15th Oct 2014
  • 4,064 Views, 58 Comments

Becoming Twilight - Lucky Stars 0135



I suddenly woke up as the fictional character Twilight Sparkle. Is this the best dream ever or something much more.

  • ...
3
 58
 4,064

Chapter Two: Apples and Rainbows

Seeing Pinkie Pie in person... or in pony... Oh, to heck with it... As you can no doubt see, there were still bits of terminology that had me confused. Finally, after watching Pinkie disappear in the distance, we turned towards the orchards of Sweet Apple Acres. The smell of apple blossoms were heavy in the air as we made our way to a barn-like structure that was the Apple abode.
As we continued on, my head went back and forth; I was making sure to give every thing a good looking at, though there wasn't anything much to see.

Sweet Apple Acres was a typical farm, not that I'd ever been to many farms as a human.
Near the house we found Applejack; who, upon seeing us, ran towards a tree, spun on her front hooves, and bucked the tree. Apples rained down behind her and into the waiting baskets below.
'This display was certainly much more impressive when seen with ones own eyes!' I thought, giving the now-posing Applejack a small round of applause.

Applejack quickly trotted up to me, grabbed my hoof, and gave it a vigorous shake.
"Well, whats your name stranger? We're always happy to meet a new friend here in Ponyville!" Applejack inquired with a grin on her face.
"The names Twilight," I said with a nervous smile, "Twilight Sparkle."
“Well howdy, miss Twilight. 'Tis a pleasure meetin' your acquaintance." She says.
Suddenly nervous, I got to the point I needed to make.
"Actually, we've come from Canterlot. We are here to see about the catering for the Summer Sun Celebration." I stammered.
"Is that so? Would you like to sample some?!" Applejack asked with excitement.

Before I could reply, she galloped over to a triangle dinner bell and gave it a loud ring.
"SOUPS ON, EVERYPONY!" she yelled. Suddenly, a herd of ponies came charging in our direction.
I almost fled in fear of being trampled by them as they made their way past us.
Before Spike and I knew it, we were sitting at a table with members of the Apple family trotting by and setting out dish after dish of food.

We watched as they sat down each dish, calling each family member by name.
I hardly paid attention as I tried to identity the food as it was sat in front of us.
"Apple fries, Apple muffins, Apple cake, Apple fritters, applesauce...
that's not even mentioning our famous apple cider!" Applejack said with excitement.
"So..." she said in an elongated tone and coming around the table to face us, "What do you think?"
'Well...' I thought, looking around the table. It all looked delicious, and that was saying something; I had never really enjoyed apples, you see.

I turned towards Applejack, who was patiently awaiting my answer.
"The food looks amazing!"
Suddenly feeling nervous as the Apples surrounded Spike and I, I continued to speak.
"Well, since the food seems to be covered, Spike and I will be on our way."
Suddenly the timid voice of Apple Bloom's filled the air. "Aren't ya' gonna stay for brunch?"
I looked at her for a moment, then to Spike, and then to the rest of the Apple family.
"Alright, fine. We'll stay."

I must say that I had never eaten so much in my entire life, as as I did on that day. Pie of all kinds were sat out to all of the hungry ponies. The organized ordeal soon became a free for all as everyone crowded around the table and grabbed at their desired pastries. No one was disappointed as plates were emptied. With guts full, Spike and I wished them all a good day. We then went about our business, heading back to Ponyville.
I heaved a sigh, feeling sicker by the minute as we passed the first houses at the edge of the small town.

"Ugh..." I groaned, making no attempts to hide the pain in my stomach. "I ate WAY too much pie..."
"Me too, Twilight..." Spike moaned as he unrolled Celestia's letter.
"What's the next thing on the list, Spike?" I asked, attempting to hold back a belch.
"Well, it says here that a pony named Rainbow Dash should be clearing the weather..."
I looked up to the sky, which was filled with small clouds.

"It doesn't seem like she started yet..." I said in confusion.
"It makes one wonder... Maybe we should look for her?" Spike Suggested as we continued forward.
Rainbow Dash was unpredictable when compared to the rest of the Mane Six, and I wasn't sure where she would be found. So, to start our search, we headed to the town's center near Town Hall.
I was just noticing how muddy it was when I was hit by what felt like a ton of bricks. I proceeded to flip through the air and fall down into a large, particularly mud-filled patch of ground.
Looking up, I saw the pony we'd been looking for: Rainbow Dash. Still feeling sick from the earlier meeting, I got up annoyed. I turned to face her with just enough time to hear her mutter something before flying off and bringing back a cloud.
"W-wait," I stammered, "that won't be neces-" I was obviously way too late. With a few jabs from Rainbow’s hoof, the cloud emptied its contents over me. I grumbled, annoyed.
"Heh heh, sorry... I guess I over did it..." she said, smiling.
"How about this?" She called, jumping into the and beginning to fly around me so fast that she became nothing but a rainbow colored blur. The wind was harsh, and my hair flipped madly about, drying and becoming frizzled.
Suddenly, the wind stopped. I began to spin around, feeling dizzy.
Finally, I got a hold over my self. I looked over at Rainbow, who had yet to see what she had done to my mane.
"No need to thank me," she boasted pompously as she landed not far from where I stood.
Suddenly seeing her handiwork, she starting laughing again, not even bothering to try and hide it.
Spike joined her as they both fell to the ground, shaking in the hilarity of the moment. Not seeing much to do, I stood there and waited for them to get over themselves.

"So you're Rainbow Dash?" I said, grumbling.
"That's the name, don't wear it out." She says. She began flying once again into the air and stopping in front of me, "So you've heard of me?"
"Well, I heard you were supposed to be keeping the sky clear. I'm Twilight Sparkle." I said, gesturing with my hoof, "and the princess has sent me to check up on the weather; do you mind explaining to me why the job hasn't been done yet?"
"Oh, that stuff is easy." Bragged Rainbow Dash as she settled onto a nearby cloud. "That stuff can wait 'till I finish training for the Wonder Bolts. They're gonna be here in town, and I'm not missing a chance to show off my skills."
"The Wonder Bolts?" I asked.
"Yeah." Rainbow replied.

I looked up at her. She was lounging as if her job held no importance.
"Well," I said, "I don't think the Wonder Bolts would want a pony who couldn't keep the skies clear for a single day."
I knew from the show that she would take the bait and do the job. What I wasn't prepared for was how strong the wind became as she flew back and forth busting cloud after cloud with bucks, kicks, and jabs.
With every pass she made, Spike and I were hit with a powerful gust of wind.
All I could do was look into the sky and try to see where she had gone. Unfortunately, she was too fast to be seen from where we were.
Her job done, she stopped to admire her handiwork. "See?" She said, "Ten seconds flat!" She then looked towards us, and laughed.
"You should see your face!" She laughed
As she flew around, she stopped. "I can't wait to hang out again, Twilight." She says.
Open mouthed, Spike and I watched her fly away. I wasn't really surprised to at how fast she flew or at her behavior, but it certainly was a different experience to witness it firsthand.
"Wow, she's amazing..." said Spike as he grabbed a hold of my mane. He began laughing once more as he felt it. My face expressionless, I headed towards our next destination with Spike following close behind.
The next pony on the list was Rarity, and this time I didn't need to search since I could see the familiar sight of the Carousel Boutique in the distance, which was easily the most recognizable structure thus far, aside from Twilight’s tree house, which I had already seen a few times from afar.
With a few breaths to steady myself, Spike and I entered, ready to meet Rarity.