• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 20,653 Views, 2,323 Comments

Dante's Little Apple Surprise - Tatsurou



Dante juggles fighting demons and raising a baby Applejack while trying to stay as laid back as he's always been.

  • ...
30
 2,323
 20,653

Epilogue: Apple Planning

Applejack walked down the road from her family farm to Ponyville, smiling happily as she let the warm wind blow through her mane as it bounced on her back. Beowulf clopped against the dirt of the road with every step. Berial hung at her hip, and Cerberus kept his usual position braided into her tail. Nevan and Sparda rested in her ether space, ready to be pulled out at a moment's notice if need be.

It wasn't that she expected trouble. Here in Ponyville, she really didn't expect to encounter anything that would require her to wield her full power. It was just that years hunting devils - and fighting those who were friendly rivals - had left her with a habit of going everywhere fully armed. Besides, she thought the combination of Beowulf and Berial with her hat looked quite nice.

However, today she walked with purpose. She hadn't actually gone back into Ponyville proper since she'd returned to Equestria, and she needed to show her friends how she had changed. Hopefully, Rarity and Rainbow wouldn't be too upset about what had happened with the CMC. (Having been unable to find a demon to hunt, they had decided to try Dragon Hunting. Spike had been most unamused.)

The one she really needed to talk to, though, was Twilight. She needed to figure out what materials were available here to build a hellgate, whether it could be done on a smaller scale than what she had outside her restaurant back on Earth, and how to make sure it would connect through the same Hell. After all, Twilight knew the most about that transdimensional stuff from her time going through that mirror portal, so she would know what Applejack would have to do to get the whole Apple Family to her farm for the next Family Reunion.

...then again, maybe the mirror portal wasn't the best choice to base the new hellgate off of. It would be very awkward for Dante if Lady came through a pony instead of her human self. Although now Applejack was curious about what the rest of her human/demonic relatives would look like as ponies.

As she was lost in thought on this, she failed to notice several things as she entered Ponyville proper. The first was the dead silence of the town, save for a few ponies here and there, lying on the ground groaning, their colors faded and their Cutie Marks missing. The second thing she missed was those ponies lying here and there, groaning from weakness.

The third was the giant red centaur that she walked right into.

"Oops!" she said, backing up. "Sorry, didn't see ya there. Heh, guess ah was wool gathering a bit." She smiled up at him, though only received a frown in return. "Mah name's Applejack. Ya new ta Ponyville?"

The red, horned centaur looked down at her, nearly double Dante's height. He opened his mouth and took a deep breath. Applejack felt a tickle on her magic, but it was barely noticeable. The centaur frowned. "You have a great deal of magical strength...for an Earth Pony."

Applejack frowned. "Ah don't like your tone," she complained. "Or yer implications. Just who do ya think ya are?"

The centaur drew himself. "Fear me, foolish pony, for I am Tirek! I have escaped from the bowels of Tartarus to resume my conquest of Equestria! I shall devour all of its magic, from every earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, and alicorn! And there is nothing you can do to stop-"

"Does that mean yer a demon?" Applejack interrupted.

"Come again?"

Applejack chuckled, deciding not to use one of many bad taste jokes Dante would have used in this situation. "Ya said ya escaped from Tartarus. Does that mean yer a demon?"

"Well..." Tirek scratched his skull between his horns. "I suppose technically..."

"And yer eatin' ponies?" Applejack asked for clarification.

"Well, their magic," Tirek clarified, a bit confused.

Applejack smiled. "Good!"

"Good?" Tirek looked at her in consternation. "How is that good?"

"It means I ain't gotta be polite to ya!" Applejack stated, grinning eagerly. "Cause I get ta kill ya instead."

Tirek laughed. "Foolish pony! Do you truly think you can-"

"But I'm kinda in a hurry, so I ain't gonna play fair," Applejack replied, hauling out Sparda.

"What the-"

Further speech was cut off as Applejack began slashing away at Tirek with Sparda. He staggered back as he took massive damage, but he eventually was able to send a bolt of red lightning that sent the sword out of Applejack's grip, sending it flying into the air. "And without your sword, you are-" A black, gold, and electric purple scythe cut him off as it sheered the top half of his left horn off before entering a whirling blade dance. "Oh, come on!"

After spinning Nevan around for a time, slashing chunks out of Tirek, Applejack realized he was regenerating himself with the magic inside him. Jumping back, she switched Nevan to guitar mode and synched her magic with the Devil Arm Death Scythe completely, performing her Dirge of Despair, draining the magic right out of Tirek. She then smacked the now wizened Tirek into the air with the flat of Nevan's guitar form, and released the stolen magic in a single blast sending Tirek shooting up into the air.

Putting Nevan away, Applejack charged Beowulf's energies and released the Sacred Light. As the beam punched through the sphere of magic that Nevan had released, it burst into rainbow colors, scattering across Equestria. The blast also exploded on Tirek...but wasn't enough to finish him off.

Grinning widely, Applejack triggered her Devil Trigger, leaping into the air to catch up to Tirek before he started to fall. Yanking out Berial and Cerberus, she began delivering blows of heavily charged ice and fire magic, alternately freezing and burning him, before smashing him down with a double over-hoof strike to the back of his head. She then blurred back to the ground.

As Tirek came down atop her, she spun...causing him to impale himself on the manticore sting of her demonic tail. He gasped, blood pouring from his mouth as he stared at her in disbelief. Then, as the sword came down, he recognized the power. "S...Sparda..."

It was his last word. Catching her grandfather's sword in her teeth as it came down, Applejack spun and beheaded the demonic centaur.

Achievement Unlocked
SSStylish Kill!
This achievement is required to unlock the My Little PWNY New Game + storyline.

Applejack put her weapons away as she shifted back to pony form. "...what did he say his name was? Tea-rekt? He ain't dissolving...hope he wasn't important..." Shrugging, she picked up his severed head by the hair. "Twilight'll know who he was. Great way to tell her about mah demon hunting, and everything else."

Whistling happily, she marched up to the Pony Oaks and knocked.


End

Comments ( 206 )

she began delivering blows of heavils charged ice and fire magic

1. Heavily.

Yep, just another normal day in Ponyville. Another villain bites the dust.

Wow great ending! Was looking forward to this story all day and was not disappointed!! Great job!

Bwahahaahhahahahahahahhahahah! :rainbowlaugh: That was a funny way to end this off.

Noooo i wanted to see reactions damn now i gotta wait for the rest to be finished

Nice ending. I wonder which crossover is next?

One of his more epic beat downs of this series. And with only one more story left of the mane 6, I look forward to seeing how twilight handles him when you get to the end of her story.

6288359

It could be the Mega Man cross over with Vinal Scratch. With his secondary Metroid story with Fluttershy also ending soon also our author could be doing his Mega Man X story as well, since both stories will share an epilogue according to an older blog post.

6288406
Two if you count Another Hatchling. Four is you count the ones with nightmare moon and chrysalis

6288430 it's only one more till my little pwny is what they probably meant.

CDR

6288439 Mane 6 + Spike
In regards to the 'My Little Pwny' crossover story, only Twilight & Spike are left.

6288543 I thought only the mane 6 stories were confirmed to be part of the my little pwny story.

6288543 Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon are still going as well... Trixie's story is complete. Don't forget about those.

6288543
6288567
Mane 6, Spike, Trixie, and possibly others. But those are the ones guaranteed to be involved.

6288363

That is going to be a long time coming, as there's still quite a bit to cover. Tatsurou is only on Deadlocked right now; he's still got Size Matters and the whole Ratchet and Clank: Future series to go through.

You're right though; I'm looking forward to that. Right now, The Sparkle In His Eye is my favorite of all of Tatsurou's Displaced Adoption fics . Twilight is my favorite of the main six- which is not at all usual, as I usually go for underdogs -and I absolutely love the Ratchet and Clank universe.

6288573 ah, thank you for clearning that up.. Last I had checked you had only confirmed that the mane 6 stories would be part of it.

6288580 my favorite mane 6 is fluttershy, but my favorite story out of Tatsurou's displaced series is a tie between technomare and the god of war one.

"...what did he say his name was? Tea-rekt?

Ha.

Meanwhile, Twilight is like.

:twilightoops:
Twilight:... Dafuq?!

I can't really blame her, Applejack? Actually being useful?
Heh, sorry, old joke.

Anyway, this is the end of another part of a great series, counting up the ones that exist as of the moment... Fluttershy is done, Rainbow is done, Rarity is done... Pinkie? Pretty sure Pinkie is done... and now Applejack is finished, kind of sad we didn't see a longer epilogue like the others had here and there.

Twilight... we're waiting on you.

6288607

I love Twilight the most, but if I had to pick another Mane 6 besides Twi, it would be a toss-up between Rarity and Fluttershy. I love them both, but I love Flutters more.

That's why I get so bent out of shape when bronies are unnecessarily cruel to her. I down voted a Mommy Luna story- the name escapes me at the moment -because she was blinded for possessing her stare power.

My favorites so far have been Another Hatchling, The Sparkle In His Eye, and Batmare Beyond. The first two is because I love both of those game franchises, and the last because I'm a big Batman fan. Oh, the Fortresshy ones are funny too.

Will there be any extra's between the Group Story and this one?

6288796 There rarely is on any of his other stories so don't get your hopes up.

6288796
The two side stories planned - Apple Far From the Tree and The Spardan Tournament - will be written eventually.

"Does that mean yer a demon?" Applejack interrupted.

DUMBASSCENTAURSAYSYES!

"Well..." Tirek scratched his skull between his horns. "I suppose technically..."

Lol, close enough!

"Good?" Tirke looked at her in consternation. "How is that good?"

"It means I ain't gotta be polite to ya!" Applejack stated, grinning eagerly. "Cause I get ta kill ya instead."

Tirek laughed. "Foolish pony! Do you truly think you can-"

"But I'm kinda in a hurry, so I ain't gonna play fair," Applejack replied, hauling out Sparda.

Alas poor Tirek, he only got a few lines!

Applejack put her weapons away as she shifted back to pony form. "...what did he say his name was? Tea-rekt? He ain't dissolving...hope he wasn't important..." Shrugging, she picked up his severed head by the hair. "Twilight'll know who he was. Great way to tell her about mah demon hunting, and everything else."

Did she honestly forget or is she dissing him???

I do hope we see some reactions to AJ taking Tirek down so easily. I honestly want to see her friends' reaction to her demon form and Devil Hunter abilities. Plus, we need to see Dante and Lady have their wedding in Equestria!!!!!!

6288726 I can handle most stories doing something bad to shy (or any character really) if it's done well or at least has a little build up. But some stories it's just so out of left field or just doesn't fit in with the story that I can't keep reading. For instance I had to stop reading 'how many friends have you made today' because the crimes and punishment of the mane 6 had no real build up in my opinion.

As for reasons why my favorite story in Tatsurou's displaced series is between those two is because I thought it had just the right amount of serious and silly to balance the two.

6288899

I didn't read much of the god of war one. Technomare is one of my favorites, but it's not the top one. I'm not really a big Iron Man fan to be honest.

I get where you're saying about Flutters. There's been a few fics where her death- still tragic -made sense, to both the character and the story. One collection of a Bubbles/Twilight fic had a death like that, where she was saving a foal. The same in Cry For Eternity.

In many cases, I only down vote when the cruelty is there for the sake of being cruel. If it's part of the progression and actually has a purpose, then it fits. Like RealityCheck says though, so much of what passes for fan fiction in this community is just bad writing.

:twilightoops: Weeeeell, that's one way to end this story.

Too bad it's finished, it was very good story to have Applejack OP, not to say the Apple Family reunion, it could be even good if the weapons have their true forms in the reunion.

6288976 the endings to both were hilarious. With pinkie's being the most epic beat down of tirek out of the finished ones and rainbow's the most hilarious.

Huh. You know, I didn't think she would completely no sell poor Tirek that badly. Then again, she is a farmer heading into town to discuss what may turn into a business deal. So, of course she doesn't have time to waste on the poor idiot.

6289098

Oh they were. I read all of Technomare, and the last chapter of the God of War one (reading the last chapter is a bad habit of mine). I just don't read a lot of fics where Pinkie is the main character because she tires me out.

She's hard to write too.

I'm going to start reading the other Displaced Adoption fics. Actually, I did start There's Nopony I'd Rather Be Than Me. Kinda hard though, as I prefer Princess Luna over Nightmare Moon.

Dude seriously everypony will wanna see there reacthions to dead terik

And not a single fuck was given by Applejack that day

*cough*Golden Oak*cough*

Best epilogue ever. :rainbowlaugh:

The perfect ending we were all waiting for.:ajsmug: Great job.:pinkiehappy::derpytongue2::moustache:

How big was Tirek?

6290611
It was stated he was twice as tall as Dante, and it's been stated that - at full growth - pony Applejack came up halfway between Dante's waist and knee at the top of her head.

6290639 Ah, missed that. Kinda was hoping for Awesome-Mega-Giant-Huge-Big-Overpowered-SUPATIREK

Mistakes were made. The entertaining kind. :rainbowkiss:

6288439 Wasn't Fortressshy 2 supposed to be before PWNY? I can't remember the writing order between the two.

I'm guessing PWNY, from AJ's point of view, will pick up when the new Hellgate is being tested. Something will go wrong and she'll be thrown into the PWNY equivalent of Battle World. Considering the others have the capability to cross dimensions already, they'll face a similar situation.

6291602 pretty sure all of them are before pwny.

6291965 I mean the writing order. I believe Tatsurou was going to write Fortressshy 2 before writing PWNY.

Can we have a sequel plz?

I enjoy reading the different ways that Tirek gets royally F**CKED at the end of these.

Oh god Twilight's :twilightsmile: :rainbowlaugh:

6288573 Question: If I started my own story with this premise, would you allow it to be involved with the My Little Pwny-verse?

6297749
Unlikely. I've finally actually planned out the logic behind the PWNY-verse.

6297756 Poor poor fool I mean he evil and all but after each story he get pumbled into the ground.

Always love to see the Tirek showdown in your stories!

Although I always get a mental picture of nanny Hulk spanking Tirek whenever they happen. (probably my favorite one:rainbowlaugh:)

Login or register to comment