• Published 12th Oct 2014
  • 512 Views, 1 Comments

Return of the Windigos - LiveLife



The Windigos have returned, and only certain pegusi can save everyone.

  • ...
1
 1
 512

Chapter One

Cloud Kicker woke up, expecting to see her roommate, Sunshower Raindrops. When she finds only a group of sleeping pegasi that she doesn't know, she remembers the events of the day before. Oh, right! The sign...

All residents on Ponyville woke up on the cold morning of Monday, January fifth, to a loud knocking on their doors. They went outside to see who it was, and they saw a sign that said: Resident of Equestria, an old law has been revived. From now on, all three races shall be separated. Earth ponies, gallop to Ponyville. Pegasi, you will now reside in Cloudsdale. Unicorns, teleport yourselves to Canterlot. Details will be found their. Any offenders of the law shall be put into prison for life. Below, the signature of Celestia was scrawled messily on the bottom.

The outrage was insane. Many rebelled. The Mane Six were arrested right away, under the assumption of treason. Many others, such as Mayor Mare, were taken under house arrest. Most ponies -- although they wanted to do something -- just packed up, and went to their designated location. Cloud Kicker and Sunshower Raindrops joined Derpy for the flight to Cloudsdale. They had flown in silence, all immersed in their own thoughts. Cloudsdale was packed with incoming pegasi. If anypony on the ground were to look up, they would have seen a sea of colors, nearly large enough to block out the sun. There were so many pegasi that they had to wait to land. As Derpy flew, waiting for a chance to land on the fluffy white clouds, she felt a cold breeze. Thinking that it must have been because of all the wings flapping, she nearly dismissed it. Derpy really was about to, but she heard a slight neigh in her ear. She turn to look, to try to find the speaker, but she found nothing. Oh, those two must be connected! I've heard of this before, she thought. what could it be? Before getting a chance to think any more on that topic, a Wonderbolt motioned for her to land. Following his directions, she landed right next to the two mares that she had flown with earlier. Before they got a chance to talk, the crowd swept them away like a wave sweeps away a sand castle. The three pegasi were separated, again, into the mass of bodies. The crowd swept them in front of a stage, and on this stage, sat Soarin' and Lightning Dust.

The two Wonderbolts sat there, without costume, looking slightly confused, but at the same time, looking ready for the crowd. Sunshower Raindrops and Cloud Kicker found that they were next to each other, and they took comfort in that. Derpy, on the other hand, found herself next to a stallion that she recognized to be Thunderlane from the Hurricane that they had to make. They moved closer, both needing the contact of a semi-familiar pony. The crowd stopped moving, the "grains of sand" were no longer being pulled into the ocean, but they were now forced to the bottom, where they would either join the others, or irritate someone and become a pearl. Neither options seemed very good right now, to anypony. Soarin' walked up to the front of the stage. He cleared his throat. "Citi-I mean dear pegasi! I look out at you, and I see some very confused faces. Worry not! Tomorrow, we will explain everything. For now, we will create sleeping arrangements. Please split into three different groups! That's right, down between Blossomforth and Lavender Skies. Then between Prism Glider and Tiger Lily. People in the front, please lead your groups to the arranged sleeping quarters. Thank you!" As Soarin' was speaking, ponies were moving and following his instructions. Sunshower Raindrops went with Blossomforth's group, Cloud Kicker went with Lavender Skies' group, and Derpy went with Tiger Lily's group. They were very, VERY sad to be separated, especially for sleeping arrangements. All of the group went to different hotels that were kind of shabby. Deciding not to stay up and talk, the three girls had gone to bed, each thinking the same thing, What is with this cold wind?

Cloud Kicker remembered the previous day with a feeling of dread. What will happen to us now? she wondered. Now, we are only sand, hoping to be saved by the water, an oyster, a fish, or a plant. Our odds are very low. Without effort, she fly quietly out to the fresh air. Shivering, she looked, and saw that it was snowing. What? she thought. This isn't possible! Everypony has been sleeping; therefore, there is no possible way that it should be snowing! What is going on?

Sitting there, on the cloud, all alone, Cloud Kicker was deep in thought. She knew that there was a reason for this, it was on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't figure it out. "Weird, huh?" A voice sounded from behind her, muffled from the cold. The lavender colored mare spun around, only to find Soarin' standing behind her. "I can tell you, for a fact, that no pegasi called this storm in. Maybe the unicorns are messing things up again, but who knows? It might be something else! I don't know anymore, do you?" His voice, which had been calm and curious in the beginning, was now defeated, and nearly bitter sounding.

Cloud Kicker, who had never been approached like this, spoke in a soft voice. "No, I don't know what's going on...trust me, I wish I did. Just because you don't, doesn't mean that you have to beat yourself up about it, though. I mean, probably only the princess herself knows what's happening. Who knows? This might even be a test, or a mistake. You are not the leader, don't take that burden." Her words were soft and haunting, yet strangely therapeutic. Soarin' peered at her like he had just seen God.

"Are you a therapist?" His words sounded loud and awkward, even to his ears.

Cloud Kicker laughed. "No, nopony ever asks me anything. They say I'm too young to understand, or that they don't want to waste my time with their problems. I've never had practice before, so I'm sorry if it sucked." Her tone was scratchy, and it seemed as though she was angry at the people who treated her like a young, naive filly. Soarin', sensing her bitterness, quickly started talking.

"Actually, your advice is amazing! I feel like one thousand pounds has been lifted off of my chest! Plus, if it were up to me, I would tell everypony that I met to ask you questions, and to go to you for a therapist! You're awesome!" By the look on her face, he could tell that he did something wrong. "Am I over-doing it?" he asked with a sheepish grin. Cloud Kicker nodded, and Soarin' blushed. "I'm sorry! Really, I am! But really, you are awesome, and people should ask you for help more often." The silence could be heard from miles away. Eventually, once he couldn't stand it anymore, Soarin' flew away, leaving Cloud Kicker staring at the ground, dark thoughts going through her mind.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment