• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,021 Views, 36 Comments

A hard change - Techy



When a young changeling gets thrown out of his hive for not following orders, he finds a place called Ponyville and tries to have a new start

  • ...
2
 36
 1,021

Having a laugh

"Was that really necessary?" Deceit complained as he got off the ground, "You know that tackling ponies hurts, right?"

"Sorry, but I'm just SOOO excited!!!" Pinkie said with her normal enthusiasm.

"Um, what for?" Applejack asked, "Ya make friends all the time."

"But this is my first changeling friend!!!"

"Oh yeah, hey Twilight," Rainbow dash asked while walking to said mare, "Is he really Deceit?"

"I can't tell for sure, but he did pinkie promise that he wouldn't hurt anypony." Twilight replied.

"You do realize that it's rude to talk about somepony when they're standing next to you, right?" Deceit pitched in, "And Twilight?"

"Um, yeah?"

"Why do you have a thing that you can strap ponies into in your basement?"

"W-What? Oh, uh, that thing! I have it because... um... because reasons." Twilight awkwardly said to the group with a large fake smile while sweating a bit.

The group just stared at her, mostly with confused looks, but Deceit just fell over laughing. It seemed pretty obvious that he was the only one that figured it out, which just made Twilight blush.

"Ok, so you have it for some more personal stuff." Deceit said while nudging her side a bit making her blush even more.

He tried to make it vague enough so that the others wouldn't get it, but after a moment of thinking Rainbow dash and Pinkie suddenly burst out laughing. Now there was three confused mares, two mares and a changeling laughing on the ground and one very embarrassed Twilight blushing enough to have her whole head be bright red.

"Alright, alright, can we just get back to talking about something else?" Twilight angrily said while glaring at the three ponies that were still laughing on the ground.

"Uh, Twilight darling?" Rarity uncertainly asked, "Why exactly do you have it? I can't figure it out for the life of me."

"I would actually like to keep it that way," Twilight said while her blush fades and the laughter dies down, "Let's just say that the less ponies that know, the better."

"I'll just have to take your word for it then." Rarity replied with a smile while Applejack and Fluttershy nod their heads in agreement.

"Thank you." Twilight replied back with her own smile.

Finally as Deceit calmed down enough to talk, he got off the ground and walked back over to Twilight, "I'm sorry about that, but that was way too funny.... but did you really have to strap me into that thing?"

"Um... sorry..."

As the two talked, Rainbow dash and Pinkie pie finally stopped laughing and got off of the ground, "Don't worry Twi, we won't say anything," Rainbow said, "But we might bring it up from time to time." She ended with a devilish smile.

Twilight just blushed again and started walking to the kitchen while Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy just sat there and watched the whole thing play out, "I'm going to make some tea. Do any of you want some?" Twilight said dejectedly.

Everypony present said yeah, but Fluttershy just followed her into the kitchen, "I'll help you make some."

"Thank you Fluttershy. At least some ponies have manners." Twilight finished while glaring at Rainbow, Pinkie and Deceit.

"You know, even if you aren't the real Deceit, you're still a pretty fun guy." Rainbow dash said while giving Deceit a friendly punch on the shoulder.

"Yeah! You're welcome to come to any one of my parties you want!" Pinkie said while trying to imitate what dash did, but instead knock Deceit across the room with a loud thud, "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!!!"

"Ow, heh heh, that probably looked pretty funny..." Deceit groggily replied while all the ponies in the room rushed to him, "I'm not even that mad about that, it didn't hurt as much as it probably looked like it did."

"Are you sure darling," Rarity said while checking him over, "That looked like a nasty hit."

"I'm fine, I'm fine," He replied before noticing how heartbroken Pinkie looked, "Whoa, hey, Pinkie it's fine. You didn't mean to hit me that hard right?"

"N-No..."

"See, it was an accident. No problem."

"Hey girls, what was that noise?" Twilight called as she walked out of the kitchen, "And why is Deceit laying on the ground?"

"It was nothing, I just fell." He replied.

"Whatever you say, the tea should be ready soon," Twilight said while just shrugging it off, "Just don't hurt yourself."

"You know, now I feel like that tea is somehow going to hurt me." Deceit nonchalantly replied.

"How in tarnation is tea gonna hurt ya?" Applejack asked.

"It'll find a way..."

"Well then just don't let it burn you," Pinkie said, "Besides, if you're a changeling then just use your magic."

"It burning me isn't what I'm worried about. Strange things can happen when you jinx something and Twilight pretty much just jinxed me."

"Well, I guess it's time to see if you're right or not, because the tea looks like it's done." Rainbow said while pointing to the doorway into the kitchen.

After Deceit looked where she was pointing, he noticed that Twilight and Fluttershy were carrying the tea out of the kitchen. Then, just as he suspected, Fluttershy tripped and Twilight caught most of the cups but didn't see the last one that flew the highest in the air. Deceit followed the teacup with his eyes as it ricocheted off of a wall and then came hurtling towards him as he quickly yelled out, "Seriously?!"

As he watched the cup fly towards him, he realized that instead of just sitting there and waiting for it to hit him he should just move to the side... so he did. After moving a few feet to the side and watching the cup land a bit infront of where he was sitting, he just sat there and stared at it.

"Huh... I guess I was wrong then..." Deceit said while tilting his head to the side a bit.

Then as he helped Twilight clean up the spilled tea, a little bit of it dripped onto the floor while Deceit put the now broken cup in the garbage. The little bit that spilled was just enough to have him slip and slam his head into a wall. He could already tell that he was quickly blacking out, but before he blacked out completely he mumbled, "I totally called it..."

Author's Note:

I know that the pacing for this story is pretty weird, but at least you guys seem to like the story so far. *My thoughts when finishing this chapter* "Finally, at least I tried to get a few funny parts in there." *yawn* "What time is it?" *Checks clock* "3:40am? ...Meh, I've had worse."