• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,021 Views, 36 Comments

A hard change - Techy



When a young changeling gets thrown out of his hive for not following orders, he finds a place called Ponyville and tries to have a new start

  • ...
2
 36
 1,021

The next day

The next morning Deceit awoke to find that his disguise had become undone in his sleep. He quickly bolted up and ran to a mirror in the bathroom. He changed back into his disguise and checked everywhere on the mirror to see if he missed anything. After checking everything, Deceit decided to see if anyone had saw him like that. He walked out of his new room to find an amazing scent coming from the kitchen, and just the scent alone made his belly grumble. 'Even though I don't need physical food, it still taste great'

"Huh, Deceit is that you?" Twilight said as she stepped out of the kitchen, "Oh, so you're up. I was just about to let you know that breakfast is almost done."

Deceit walked down the staircase and walked into the kitchen to find a small lizard looking fellow wearing an apron and cooking pancakes, "Hi, who are you?"

"You must be the guy living in the guest room now, huh? Well, my name Spike and I'm Twilight's number one assistant," Spike said with a proud smile, "Twilight was just telling me about you."

"Really? Well, what did she say?" Deceit said intrigued.

"Well, she said that she was in trouble with some Timber wolves and you showed up to help her, and then you watched her for a few hours because she was unconscious."

"Yep, that sounds like what happened," Deceit said with a laugh, "So did you make all these pancakes by yourself?"

"Yes I did, and they should be done now. Just take a seat and I'll serve you some." Spike said.

Deceit then sat down at the table where Twilight was patiently waiting. 'What was it that I was forgetting last night? Wait, I think I'm remembering why this was all so familiar... Oh, crap. Those were the Elements of Harmony, and if they find out what I am then they might turn me to stone, or banish me somewhere, or worse!'

Deceit was now getting kind of nervous and was slightly sweating.'This is bad, this is very bad! I don't want to be a statue, or be stuck in some unknown place for who knows how long! Ok, I got to calm down. If I just suddenly leave than they might get suspicious and try to find me, and I might not find a different town in time to feed.'

He was now just staring off into space and Twilight was getting worried. "Um, Deceit... are you ok?"

'Maybe if I just stick to my plan and try to be my own pony, than I could make it through this alive.'

"Deceit? Can you hear me? Deceit!" Twilight exclaimed.

"What? Huh? What happened?" He said while looking around the room in confusion.

"You've just been staring at a wall for like five minutes without moving. Are you ok?" Twilight said with concern.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just lost in thought for a bit there." Deceit apologized.

"Ok, well if you're sure that you're alright then let's start eating," Twilight said a bit more relieved, "Your pancakes are probably still warm and the syrup is right here if you need it." She pointed to a syrup bottle in the middle of the table and then started eating.

"Thank you Spike for making these, and thank you Twilight for letting me stay here."

"You're welcome." they said simultaneously.

Deceit then started on his pancakes and after the first bite he started scarfing them down. Twilight and Spike looked at him oddly for a moment before shrugging it off and continuing with their breakfast. Deceit finished his food a few minutes before the others and waited for them to finish. After everyone was done with their pancakes, Deceit washed all the dishes as a thank you.

"Hey Twilight, I'm going to walk around town and see the sights." Deceit said.

"Oh, well if you're going out then do you think you could buy a few groceries? I'll give you enough bits for what you need, and whatever is left you can keep."

"Ok, but could you tell me where the market is?"

"Of course, just go left after you're out the door and then walk strait for a bit and you'll see the places you'll need. Here, I wrote a list of what I need." Twilight says as she uses her magic to float a small list, a bag of bits and a saddlebag to Deceit.

"See you soon."

Deceit walked outside and started walking left, but decided to look at the list while he walks. 'Ok, I need some carrots, apples, quills and ink. Seems simple enough.' He thought. He walked for almost ten minutes before coming across 'Quills and Sofas'. "But, why would... nevermind." Deceit mumbled. He walked inside to see just what the sign says: quills and sofas everywhere.

"Hello there sir, would you like to buy something?" The employee behind the register said.

"Yes, I would like some quills please." Deceit replied.

"How many you want?"

"Five should be fine." Deceit started to grab some bits out of a small sack that twilight gave him.

"That will be ten bits." The cashier said as he held the quills in his hoof.

"Here you go. Oh and while I'm here do you happen to have ink as well?"

"Yes I do, how much do you want?"

"Just three should be fine."

"Well then that's another nine bits." The cashier said while grabbing the ink.

"Thank you." Deceit said as he handed over the bits. As he left the store he rechecked his list to see that next and saw that carrots and apples were left. He walked down the road some more to see a little carrot stand with a sign saying 'one bit for one carrot'. He walked up to the mare running the stand and said, "Can I have four carrots please?"

"Of course you can, that will be four bits." She replied.

"Here, and thanks." Deceit said as he put the carrots in the bag. 'The ponies here seem pretty nice. Maybe I can try to fit in here. it would be nice and I would never go hungry.' As Deceit came back out of his thoughts he realized that if he kept walking for any longer than he would have walked right into a stand. Lucky for him it was an apple stand, but not so lucky was the fact that the mare running it was the element of honesty.

"Well howdy there mister. Aren't you that pony that helped twi out?" She said with a bit of a southern accent.

Deceit started to get nervous again.'If she's the element of honesty then can she tell when someone is lying? This may be the end of me.' "Actually yes I am, and I came here to see if I could get some apples."

"Well of course you can, they're one bit per apple. How many you want?" She asked.

"How about six?"

"Sounds good ta me," As she grabbed the apples she started up a conversation, "I'm Applejack. So what's yer name?"

"My name is Deceit, and it's nice to meet you Applejack." He replied.

"Well it's nice ta meet you too, sugercube," Applejack put all the apples in front of deceit and gladly accepted his money, "Ya know, I can't quite put my hoof on it but something seems off about you."

'Oh crap, it's true! I am so going to die! Deceit thought franticly and had his pupils dilate a little.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that to be rude or anything. It's probably just me feeling grateful for you helping Twilight yesterday. See ya."

"Yeah, see you later" Deceit said as he left. 'These ponies are going to be the end of me and I know it, but I have been feeling a lot more full lately. Let's hope I can make it through this without losing my head.' He started walking back to the library because it was getting dark out, but he needed to ask a pony which direction it was in. Once he returned he put the food in the fridge and put the ink and quills in front of Twilights room.

"Ok, so, what to do now? Well I am in a library... I wonder if there are any comic books?"

"Did you say you're looking for comic books?" Spike asked, "I have a collection of them, just follow me."

"Um, ok." Deceit replied with a little smile. They walked up the stairs leading to the bedrooms and Spike brought them into Twilight's room to show off his comic books. They then just read comics throughout the day and then the night. Eventually they both fell asleep on the floor.

Twilight walks into the room a little while later to find the two guys sleeping on the floor, and gets a smile out of it, "You guys are such dorks."

Author's Note:

The ending might feel a bit rushed but I wanted to finish this before I went to bed, and it's three in the morning.