• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,021 Views, 36 Comments

A hard change - Techy



When a young changeling gets thrown out of his hive for not following orders, he finds a place called Ponyville and tries to have a new start

  • ...
2
 36
 1,021

Leaving the party

A few hours later the whole party turned into one of Pinkie's best. Everypony had a great time and after any kids that were there had gone home to sleep Applejack brought out the hard cider. Not too many ponies were still there by then as most of them went home, but the one that were still there all cheered. Soon everypony was getting drunk and having even more fun then before. Even Fluttershy had a few drinks, but it didn't seem to effect her too much. After everything was calming down Deceit stumbled over to his group of friends and started talking with them.

"Hey guys, what's going *Hic* on?" He asked.

"Heeeeey... uh, you," Rainbow dash responded while lying on the ground, "How are you?"

"I feel funny." Deceit replied.

"Ha ha ha ha, you said 'funny'." Pinkie said before collapsing on the ground knocked out for the second time that day.

"Oh dear, Twilight can you help me get her into bed?" Fluttershy asked knowing that Twilight was the only other one that could form a coherent thought at the moment.

"Of course, Fluttershy," Twilight replied, but before leaving said, "Deceit can you make sure nopony else does something stupid?"

"What? Oh, of course. You can trust me," Deceit tried giving a salute, but instead just hit himself in the head and fell over, "Ow... I'm ok."

Twilight just gave a sigh and helped Fluttershy carry Pinkie up the stairs while Rainbow dash, Applejack and even Rarity laughed a bit at Deceits antics. Soon Deceit got himself off of the floor and quickly glared at the others for a moment before laughing himself. Rainbow dash, finally realizing that she was on ground, decided to try to get up but instead stumbled into Applejack and caused them both to get tangled up on the ground. They both looked around for a moment before cracking up.

Deceit decided to help them up and Rarity waved over to Twilight and Fluttershy as they descended the stairs. Deceit noticed this and saw Twilight coming before remembering his promise to keep everypony from doing anything stupid. Once that clicked in his head he started getting really worried that she would be mad at him for failing and letting Rainbow dash do something stupid. His drunken mind thought that the only way to save himself would be to run away. So he started running towards the door as fast as he could and ran out of the building, but he didn't stop running until he was at the edge of the Everfree. Deceit could hear Twilight and Fluttershy yelling for him, but he continued into the forest.

Even in his drunken state, Deceit knew that he shouldn't wander to far into the forest and instead only ran for a short moment more before stopping. He looked behind him to see that Ponyville was still in sight, but he was far enough in to where anypony looking into the forest wouldn't see him. He decided to try to find his cave and stay the night there, so he stumbled along the border just like the first time he was here. After a bit of stumbling around he heard somepony talking. Deceit slowed down and tried to scout out who it was, but once he saw who was talking he froze.

Standing only a few feet away was a small group of changelings. Deceit instantly sobered up and dropped his disguise. He called upon his memories of stealth training and snuck just a bit closer to hear what the changelings were saying.

"...Alright, that was the third time we went over this. Do any of you need to be told again?" The changeling that seemed to be the commander of them said.

Then one of the changelings raised his hoof and said, "I don't think any of us get it."

"What?! How do you not get it?" The commander replied.

Another one replied by saying, "Well, you didn't really explain very much. You just said that we need to turn into our assigned ponies and then said to head to the designated location."

"Yeah, and what don't you get about that?!"

The first changeling replied flatly, "You didn't tell us where to meet or who we're supposed to be."

"...Oh..." Seemed to be the only thing that the commander could say before replying, "I forgot about that. Ok, so we start our mission in the morning and we meet back here in three days. Reflection turns into the earth pony named Berry Punch. Dust turns into the unicorn Lyra. And finally Bob," Deceit could see a changeling that looked a bit chubbier then the rest start getting excited, "...Um, how about you be our lookout?"

The changeling looked sad for a moment before Dust said, "Don't look so sad, this whole mission relies on you."

Bob started looking less sad, "Really?"

"Yes, really. You get to let us know if something is going wrong and might even save us from being captured."

Bob then got a sparkle in his eye, "Wow, So I just have to tell you if somepony looks like they're going to mess up our plan?"

Reflection then said, "That's right pal."

Bob, then pointed to where Deceit was hiding and said, "Well, what about him."

Before any of them could turn their heads, Deceit climbed up into the trees as silent as possible. All the changelings looked around, but didn't see anything. They turned back to Bob with questioning looks, but he just blushed a bit and said, "Uh, nevermind. I probably just saw a squirrel or something."

They all looked at him questioningly, but soon dropped it and agreed to head back to camp. Deceit stayed still the whole time and did nothing for a few minutes after they left and was glad he did because Bob came back and put out the fire that they forgot about. Soon he got out of the tree and started walking back to Ponyville, but Put his disguise back on before entering. He walked back into town and noticed that the lights were off at Sugarcube Corner.

'The party must be over. I need to get to Twilight and tell her the news.' He thought.

Deceit followed the roads until he reached the library, but as he reached it he had gotten really tired. He tried to walk inside, but noticed that the door was locked.

"Crap, I don't want to sleep out here." He said sadly.

He looked for another way in and noticed the balcony. Deceit thought that it seemed like the best way he could get in, so he climbed up the tree and made it to the balcony. He tested it to see if it was locked and luckily it wasn't, but once he crept inside he saw a large flash and a bolt of magic hit him in the head. The last thing he saw was Twilight's shocked face after seeing who it was that she just knocked out.

Author's Note:

I said that I wouldn't do a special chapter, but I never said I wouldn't upload two chapters. :ajsmug: Also, If I used someone else's changeling OC name then I'm sorry, but I was just typing what was in my head at the time, so if someone wants me to change one of their names then I happily will. Also this chapter was a bit rushed so tell me if you see any mistakes.