• Published 4th Oct 2014
  • 1,243 Views, 25 Comments

My silent sister - StoneWare13



When rainbow finds out her sister is visiting how will she spend time with both her friends and her sister

  • ...
10
 25
 1,243

The story

My silent sister

Chapter 7

------------------------------------------

A beam on light flooded into the room part blocked by a mare, her forelock floated as the breeze flew past both of her golden eyes looked proud as she scanned the room, as her walking forward her coat became Easier to see a chestnut brown, it was lemon zing.

Gasps filled the air as the ponies shocked at the intruder looked at her with confusion and shock, "Lemon is... is that you ?" Calmly asked Fluttershy her eyes stuck to the Pegasus before her. "Yes" a simple word opened many questions that could be seen flooding into the main 6 heads.The mares eye where still stuck to lemon it a single movement not even a blink, twilight shatter the moment of silence "But you can't....."

"Talk I know" interrupted lemon zing as she gently closed the door, the ponies toke a second to adjust to the new light before lemon continued " i am sorry for not talking Earlier but I have my reasons" rainbows eyes narrowed like she was been taken over by anger "so you can talk and you didn't tell me how my mother is? Her tone was sarcastic as she tried to take control, lemon was not going to back down again and not for her big headed sister.

"Rainbow please, I understand you must be very annoyed but I think I need to explain myself first" her voice was still softly spoken, feminine and calm as she tried to remove the anger from the previous night. "Applejack I think you know something about my family past, am I right? Lemon gaze now fixed on the work pony.

"Yer" almost a look of shame crossed her face as she hopped lemon wouldn't mind her knowing to her relief lemon didn't bother to qustion but only relapse with "Have you told them"

"Was just about to!"

"Let me, twilight..." lemon eyes looked upon the still confused princess "have you ever hard the story of the 3 earth bothers?" lemon stood proud a complete change from timid filly the night before.

"Yer I think we all have, I borrowed the book from Granny Smith" twilight repeated the story word for word from the book that Granny Smith had, the princess's story telling was entrancing as her friends listened. Once twilight had finished the ponies remains silenced as they all turned their heads in unison to the younger sister "It's not a story" said lemon without hesitation "and I am the youngest member on the lemon family and a relative of the selfish brother" the mares ears drooped the feeling of shame filling her body, she hated her family.

"O my" rarity exclaimed blinking a few times "lemon dear, c-could you tell us more about yourself?" Her question was replied with a nod of agreement. Lemon adjusted herself before starting her own story.

"My mother is firefly a loving mare and the mother of myself and you rainbow, I was on born on the 8th of May in cloudsdale, I was without a father until I was 3 years old and our mother married my blood father a hard working lemon farmer named lemon juice, I was raised on his farm since and I only just started bucking lemon this year due to my mam's..." She gulped "illness."

Even thought the word was faint all the ponies heard it, shock again speed across their faces, the chestnut Pegasus avoided the subject trying to carry on her life story.

"2 moths ago...." Started lemon zing before rainbow raised to her hooves and stumbled forward "illness? What illness?" Her voice was not one of anger of selfishness in was a tone of horror and worry. Lemon gulped again she looked into her only sisters eye before answering the question she never wanted to answer.

"Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis" rainbow had no idea what it was but her heart stopped... For what seemed like forever she stood looking into the eye of the sister she once hated, could this be true? firefly her mother ill? Could she be... No?the world crashed around the cyan Pegasus, a single tear formed and fell caressing her cheek before tumbling to the wooden floor beneath her, the silence felt like a brick wall each brick blocking out the thoughts in her mind."Rainbow?" Lemons voice knocked the wall down as she grabbed her crying sister and held her in her grip, rainbow had let all her tough tomboy attitude slip as her sobbed into the arms of her younger sister.

"Rainbow!" Lemon repeated as she stocked the long rainbow mane of her sister "it's not as bad as you think, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is just nerve damage..."dash looked up at her sister her eyes red "it just means she had no control over the bottom half of her body, that all" lemon tried her best to comfort dash she knew how she had felt to discover the news.

The other ponies around the room had stated to hold one another in comfort and support, it had been hard to watch the always strong rainbow fall to emotions.both twilight and Fluttershy where crying into the shoulders of applejack and rarity and pinkie pie laid on her stomach all bounce from her hair was gone.

"Lemon?" the croaky voice of rainbow asked "Yer dash" the sisters eyes met again "When do you go home?" The question toke lemon by surprise but she didn't question "Tomorrow I am afraid"dash stepped away from her sister, lemon was curious as she tried to get the attention of her older sister, rainbow cleared her through "i'am coming too!" Without time to react lemon almost yelled "WHAT!... rainbow...I am sorry but...but you can't!"her face was full of worry.

"Why not!" Rainbow stooped her hooves like a filling not getting what she wanted
"you just can't!" Replied the chestnut Pegasus for a moment she felt like the older sibling
"Lemon I need to see her!"
"Yes I know and she would love to see you too but lemon started it was interrupted by the rainbow maned Pegasus "but what lemon?"

"He will will hurt you, he doesn't like you or your dad for hurting mam ,he always said he would hurt you if he ever saw you, I won't let him treat you that way her teats me!! As soon the the word left her mouth lemon regretted it bowing her head in shame,silence toke over the room.

Twilight found the courage to stand up "What!" Her voice was gentle dark purple streaks done her checks from her tears, rainbow stood in shock as her friends moved closer to her showing the cyan mare support, lemon keeped her head down "Forget I just said that!"

"Lemon what dose he do to you"asked rarity
"It's not his fault is how he...you know...takes control"lemon stumbled around her words

"He abuses you Doesn't he" asked twilight as she moved closer with rainbow held close, lemon's head dropped even more giving the answer all the mares didn't want.

"Lemon ow that's why you don't talk! come here" rainbow galloped to Lemon jumping into her arms "i am here and I will come with you tomorrow, I can stand up for us, not you or Anypony can stop me ok?" All the other mare joined the hug holding each other in a supporting grip, lemon give a silent Nod.